Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rocko1290 is offline New Member

You cant burn fat and build muscle simultaneously..unless on cycle?

Anyone know if it's possible to burn fat while building muscle when you're on cycle? I've been wanting to cut up for some time now and am getting ready for a very dry stack (e-pol/halovar), and it seems to make sense that the testosterone boost would enable you to burn fat while also packing on muscle? I plan to do 30 min cardio after my workouts 4 days a week. Any comment?

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Yes of course its possible

any specific catalysts for maximizing fat burning while on?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    you can do it off and on cycle, you need to know your body very precisely however

Quote Originally Posted by declan11 View Post
    you can do it off and on cycle, you need to know your body very precisely however
    But i presumed it would be much easier and more efficient on? I do not have my diet perfected to a T, but it is decent. Counting calories is not for me.

americanoak is offline Member
    rocko, I have started to cut slowly since the beginning of january. I was around 185-190when i started and i am still in the low to mid 180's range, except the definition i see now compared to january is incredable.

What Im trying to say is some how i lost about 3-4lbs, but kept pretty much all my muscle and shredded up a lot.

My veins in my arm workout yesterday were amazing. I am on a very low carb diet it too, but the pump I had was out of this world, taking no supps besides, whey, fishoil, and a multiV. It seriously was 'as satisfying as having sex with a woman and cumming' as arnold put it in pumping iron.

Anyway, what im trying to say is with a good diet yes you can gain muscle, lose fat

the clip of arnold >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMjG2s6UOaw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocko1290 View Post
    But i presumed it would be much easier and more efficient on? I do not have my diet perfected to a T, but it is decent. Counting calories is not for me.
    thts a big fail, straight off mate. you got to know what your intake and expenditure is. true you will be more anti catabolic whilst on

[QUOTE=rocko1290;5119590]any specific catalysts for maximizing fat burning while on?[/QUOTE

Its all in your diet. Lean meats like tuna and chicken breast works well for me.

thts a big fail, straight off mate. you got to know what your intake and expenditure is. true you will be more anti catabolic whilst on
    Im not a bodybuilder, just someone who would like to further improve my physique, but i dont have the time or patience to dedicate my life to anabolism and count every calorie I consume. I keep it in the ballpark of about 3000 calories a day. I'm just asking, if i incorporate 3-4 30min cardio sessions per week into my weight lifting routine while on cycle and eating at about 15% above maintenance calorie level per day (consisting of mostly protein), would I be able to develop the leanness I'm looking for? I'm 6', about 168 lbs and in the range of 15% body fat. I've never been very lean, I've always had an extra 5-10 pounds I would say, that I've never been able to get rid of. Abs are undefined and I'm looking to improve in that region. I understand it is normally a much slower, tedious process to burn fat and build muscle simultaneously vs. a bulking cycle followed by a cutting cycle, but via 2 strong pro-hormones which don't aromatize and should therefore produce very dry gains, in addition to nolvadex which inhibits the binding of estrogen, it is my understanding that I will see virtually no water weight gain and I figure such a high test:estrogen ratio would make the process of burning the fat and building the muscle simultaneously much more efficient since the ratio of lean promoting: fat promoting hormones will be so high. I understand it is generally much more efficient to bulk and cut in phases, but I'd like to take advantage of this opportunity if its there, since I'd love to have my lean physique improved in time for summer.

Blog Entries
    Im not a bodybuilder, just someone who would like to further improve my physique, but i dont have the time or patience to dedicate my life to anabolism and count every calorie I consume. I keep it in the ballpark of about 3000 calories a day. I'm just asking, if i incorporate 3-4 30min cardio sessions per week into my weight lifting routine while on cycle and eating at about 15% above maintenance calorie level per day (consisting of mostly protein), would I be able to develop the leanness I'm looking for? I'm 6', about 168 lbs and in the range of 15% body fat. I've never been very lean, I've always had an extra 5-10 pounds I would say, that I've never been able to get rid of. Abs are undefined and I'm looking to improve in that region. I understand it is normally a much slower, tedious process to burn fat and build muscle simultaneously vs. a bulking cycle followed by a cutting cycle, but via 2 strong pro-hormones which don't aromatize and should therefore produce very dry gains, in addition to nolvadex which inhibits the binding of estrogen, it is my understanding that I will see virtually no water weight gain and I figure such a high test:estrogen ratio would make the process of burning the fat and building the muscle simultaneously much more efficient since the ratio of lean promoting: fat promoting hormones will be so high. I understand it is generally much more efficient to bulk and cut in phases, but I'd like to take advantage of this opportunity if its there, since I'd love to have my lean physique improved in time for summer.
    AAS would be a waste of time for you to be honest, its diet that counts, im not a BB'er either and just because you and i arent doesnt mean we dont need to plan food and eat correctly

AAS would be a waste of time for you to be honest, its diet that counts, im not a BB'er either and just because you and i arent doesnt mean we dont need to plan food and eat correctly
    pssshhh a waste of time lmao. honestly I could probably take this stack for 6 weeks and sit on my ass the whole time and ill probably improve my physique. I have cycled magnatren before with excellent results and I will tell you that my diet was not perfect by any means. I simply tried to eat more than normal, and my bench went up 50 pounds with ease. I'm no noob when it comes to this stuff, I'm aware of proper supplementation during cycle and post cycle. Just looking for a little more advice on the complex scientific side.

Just2Big is offline Associate Member
    pssshhh a waste of time lmao. honestly I could probably take this stack for 6 weeks and sit on my ass the whole time and ill probably improve my physique. I have cycled magnatren before with excellent results and I will tell you that my diet was not perfect by any means. I simply tried to eat more than normal, and my bench went up 50 pounds with ease. I'm no noob when it comes to this stuff, I'm aware of proper supplementation during cycle and post cycle. Just looking for a little more advice on the complex scientific side.
    I agree. I have seen people take AAS and do no cardio and eat pretty bad and have great results. Gaining good muscle and losing BF. ALL THOUGH it is best to eat proper and train right. I have seen people with over 30% BF drop down to 15-16% With Extreme diet, cardio and the right cycle.
    Last edited by Just2Big; 03-24-2010 at 07:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    tell you what, just go for it then if you know it all, you and tht retard just2big would make gr8 training partners lol

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    Just2big is out to get declan11
    lol
    too bad Just2Big is an @ssclown who gives terrible advice or parrots

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    lol
    lol, he's been on here b4 and is on a diff machine now, i recognise tht @ss wipes style, hopefully he'll not be here much longer

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    lol
    Im glad someone else jumped in to say how that was terrible advise.

To the OP, if you cant count calories, learn what you should and should not eat, when to eat it and know your body then be use to a life of failure.

Sure you will find some things that will work short term but you will fail and keep getting worse and worse over the years unless you learn it's about lifestyle and not magic aas.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Big View Post
    I agree. I have seen people take AAS and do no cardio and eat pretty bad and have great results. Gaining good muscle and losing BF. ALL THOUGH it is best to eat proper and train right. I have seen people with over 30% BF drop down to 15-16% With Extreme diet, cardio and the right cycle.
    Exactly. While an imperfect diet may not utilize 100% of the benefits there are still great results to be had, but to go as far to say that it would be useless is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Im glad someone else jumped in to say how that was terrible advise.

To the OP, if you cant count calories, learn what you should and should not eat, when to eat it and know your body then be use to a life of failure.

Sure you will find some things that will work short term but you will fail and keep getting worse and worse over the years unless you learn it's about lifestyle and not magic aas.
    See thats just the thing, I appreciate your advice and slightly less aggressive tone than the other posters, but its not a lifestyle for me. I work and go to school and have a social life, so I do what I can with what I got, and I cant dedicate every minute of every day to my physique. i believe significant improvement and maintained results can still be attained with an imperfect diet and a relatively normal lifestyle.

Thanks to all you other juiced out asshole extremists who are apparently too dumb to even comprehend my question.

SkiFlex is offline New Member
    Im pretty new to posting however the thing I noticed above all else was that this cat weighs 168lbs at 6' tall. Ummmmmmm I weighed 168lbs in 6th grade. He is obviously not one to take advices (arnold line) :-)

Nuff said.

Arian is offline Associate Member
    I was wondering about that myself. I'm 5'9" and 190lbs and probably about 15% BF. If I were 168lbs, I would either be super shredded or would have a lot less muscle.

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    lol, he's been on here b4 and is on a diff machine now, i recognise tht @ss wipes style, hopefully he'll not be here much longer
    He has a hard on 4 u, thats for sure

Exactly. While an imperfect diet may not utilize 100% of the benefits there are still great results to be had, but to go as far to say that it would be useless is absurd.
    Its not absurd. Longterm gains will all be lost if you dont maintain your diet. People like you that have terrible genetics really need to listen more, you need every advantage available to you. Mabe you should start by strengthing your mind and then your body will follow. gl to you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGenetics View Post
    Its not absurd. Longterm gains will all be lost if you dont maintain your diet. People like you that have terrible genetics really need to listen more, you need every advantage available to you. Mabe you should start by strengthing your mind and then your body will follow. gl to you
    why do ppl ask for advice, then rubbish it? why ask in the 1st place?! beats me

Little kids.

I cant stand little kids who twist words and acts like there right. First off I said you SHOULD have proper training and diet while on AAS. So learn how to read. But even if you dont you will still see signifigant gains. If you weight train regularly. So read what people wrote before you puke those stupid words out of your mouth. And having your freinds back you up makes no differnce. Your still a idiot. AND ALSO I GAVE NO ADVICE. I SIMPLY MADE A STATEMENT.
    Last edited by Just2Big; 03-24-2010 at 01:23 PM.

any advice you ****ing guru's have given me is completely irrelevant to my question. Not everyone has their whole life to dedicate to working out and dieting like a ****ing meathead and sitting on a forum all day posting to make fun of the guys who are smaller than you.

Ok I want to know. Where in here do I give advice? If anything could have been misunderstood as advice it would be "all though it is best to eat proper and train right". And That would be GOOD advice. You guys are idiots. If you cant read something and use common knowlage to make a judgment then dont make remarks about it. And then the three of you backd each other up like idiots. Talk about PARROTING each other.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGenetics View Post
    you are wrong because I cycled several months ago with the same diet all the way thru and have maintained all the gains.

no47 is offline Junior Member
    get a fit day acct for counting macros

Blog Entries
    I cant stand little kids who twist words and acts like there right. First off I said you SHOULD have proper training and diet while on AAS. So learn how to read. But even if you dont you will still see signifigant gains. If you weight train regularly. So read what people wrote before you puke those stupid words out of your mouth. And having your freinds back you up makes no differnce. Your still a idiot. AND ALSO I GAVE NO ADVICE. I SIMPLY MADE A STATEMENT.
    yeah, good call, youve no place advising any1

and oh, your little private message will be going to admin you immature prick

dsw222 is offline Junior Member

How bout.... Sorry Just2big, I guess I really didnt read what you wrote and I just jumpd on you for no reason. Man you got room calling me a immature prick. All you have done is cry like a baby the last few threads I seen you on. Your way is not the only way. There are mutiple answers and styles to everything. You cant go flaming and crying if you dont like what someone else said. Expecially if you read it wrong. Tell admin about my message. Now your your a cry baby and a tattel tale. Although I dont know what your exspecting them to do? Your a joke.

how do you know you're eating 15% above maintenance level calories if you dont count??

Blog Entries
    lol, good catch mate, i knew he sounded like a stupid child lol, now to expose the other stupid child on his lies, huh just2big? or is that gxsracer? lmao

Expose who? Why are you so mad I said you can still get good results from AAS if your diet is not spot on and you dont do cardio. Give this poor boy his thread back. If you want to bicker with me just send a PM.

Declan11 is my hero

for all those bros who didnt read the other thread... this kid is 18 and doesnt feel the need to train lower body at ALL

ok kid here's an answer that is partially what you want to hear. yes you can make gains from AAS if your diet isnt perfect and you dont do cardio. will you get the best gains? absolutely not. will they be permanent? maybe, maybe not. so why would you waste money on gear when you could easily make incredible gains by just changing your diet?

you need to go back to the thread i linked to where all the mods and vets bitched you out for your diet, suck up your pride, study their criticism (especially taking note of post #79 by Phate), and fix your diet.

you cant eat at school or work? toss a protein bar in your backpack. find a way. some of us work full time, have wives/families, go to grad school at night, etc... so dont say you cant make time to eat or train properly

youre probably going to bitch me out for this, but whatever man im just trying to help. stop being so stubborn.

Blog Entries
    Expose who? Why are you so mad I said you can still get good results from AAS if your diet is not spot on and you dont do cardio. Give this poor boy his thread back. If you want to bicker with me just send a PM.
    oh dear has the little boy been caught out? throwing toys outa the pram? your both a pair of silly kids, strange others seem have a problem with you too? thread is really irrelevant now, no one respectable will advise children on gear. gotta love the back tracking though

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    OK I know this is an old pic but...

Tyler694 is offline Associate Member
    I agree. I have seen people take AAS and do no cardio and eat pretty bad and have great results. Gaining good muscle and losing BF. ...
    ... But even if you dont you will still see signifigant gains. If you weight train regularly. ...
    I am a prime example of this. My first cycle was when I was only 20. Dumb I know.

Luckily it was a relatively weak cycle. 4-5 weeks of oral winny only. I did no cardio, ate a low calorie protein diet (a shitty PSMF attempt), but did weight train 3-4 times a week.

I gained a little muscle and lost a pretty good amount of body fat. Unfortunately, since I was an idiot I used no PCT at all and lost most of the gains within 2 months,

americanoak is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall View Post
    OK I know this is an old pic but...

this pic is so messed up
    but true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information