drkneebar is offline New Member

Anavar Only Cycle

Current:
    29yo
    175lbs. @ ??? Bodyfat (my top 4 abs show)
    5'9"
    10 years lifting on and off
    best shape 2 years ago: 198lbs @ 12% bodyfat

First cycle was 2 years ago: Primo and var for 8 weeks.

I am planning on running 50mg Anavar ED for 10 weeks with Creatine, milk thistle, and a multivitamin.

Goals: I want to cut fat, retain/gain Lean muscle.

Taking a shorcut I know, I just came off a devastating injury where I lost so much muscle (was down to 150lbs). I bulked my way back up to 175 now. Gained some fat in the process, want to shed it for summer.

My question is, how many cals should i shoot for? Average metabolism, lifting 4-5 days a week, cardio 4 days a week.

I would like to be a ripped 160lbs.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

ollieolson99 is offline Associate Member
    10 weeks is to long for var imo. I was on 6 weeks of var @ 60mg's a day. Got blood tests done after and my test levels were well well below avg. They say it has small sides I know and that its fine to tkae alone...but the blood tests dont lie my friend. I was thinking the same thing. Now back on var and stacking with test prop since that will have very little water weight. Also the var helps keep the gains nice and lean.

scorgasm is offline Junior Member
    ^how long after cycle did u have the blood work done?

Steroidman99 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ollieolson99;513***5
    10 weeks is to long for var imo. I was on 6 weeks of var @ 60mg's a day. Got blood tests done after and my test levels were well well below avg. They say it has small sides I know and that its fine to tkae alone...but the blood tests dont lie my friend. I was thinking the same thing. Now back on var and stacking with test prop since that will have very little water weight. Also the var helps keep the gains nice and lean.
    I think that for most people, Anavar is a very mild and friendly drug. I took as much as 80 mg/day for 8 weeks, and I was afraid of liver toxicity. However, although my blood values of liver enzymes were elevated by 60%, they stayed within the normal range. Cholesterol was pretty disturbed, as expected, but it returned to normal values 5 weeks later.

Nevertheless, I would strongly recommend some bloodwork immediately after the cycle. Everybody reacts differently. For example, although a certain scientific study showed that at 80 mg/day for 12 weeks, endogenous testosterone in HIV patients was suppressed by 67% on the average, my suppression was unexpectedly brutal, virtually 100%.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    im glad you guys came on here with the blood work and to point out the suppression,everyone can be different but there is a myth floating around that var does not suppress/shutdown you down and other things.

Morgoth is offline Associate Member
    Does an anvar only cycle completely shut you off? (sex drive I mean)

Wouldn't proper PCT, with Nolvadex cover the shutdown, especially at 40/40/20/20?

Thank you.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drkneebar View Post
    Wouldn't proper PCT, with Nolvadex cover the shutdown, especially at 40/40/20/20?

Thank you.
    Nope. pct will help you recover your test levels.

But you will still be shut down (or suppressed) ON cycle.

sarasotafloridabrian is offline Associate Member
    D7M, best PCT after VAR?
    Any h=good counter to the suppression? Can't have the boys taking a vacation

D7M
    Blog Entries
    I don't know about "best" pct but I would probably just go with nolva.

You could always incorporate a low dose of clomid in there to, if you want.

Interesting.

So, is it recommended to take Nolva while On Cycle?

Thank you, again.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Interesting.

So, is it recommended to take Nolva while On Cycle?

Thank you, again.
    I doubt you'll need nolva on a var only cycle.

if you do experience ERSE I'd just run a low dose AI.

428scj is offline Junior Member
    Great discussion fellas, thanks for the information. I am preparing to start a Var/Tbol cycle. My first one, actually.

I have the Nolva as a PCT and was planning to run 40/40/20/20 as well. I don't remember where I read it (have read probably 100 or more threads on this cycle) but someone said if you are completly shut down, then Nolva will not work for a PCT. I am unsure why that is and have not been able to find another thread to help clear it up for me. Does anyone have any idea as to why this might be?
    I will not start this cycle until I know I have the proper PCT lined up for after I am finished. I have read Nolva is enough for Var and Tbol as a PCT, but now I am wondering if there is something else I should be running as well.

I am NOT trying to hijack this thread. It is a Var thread and I believe we all can benefit from this information as we are all interested in the Var cycles.

Thank you for your time.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Current:
    29yo
    5'9"

I am planning on running 50mg Anavar ED for 10 weeks with Creatine, milk thistle, and a multivitamin.

Taking a shorcut I know, I just came off a devastating injury where I lost so much muscle (was down to 150lbs). I bulked my way back up to 175 now. Gained some fat in the process, want to shed it for summer.

My question is, how many cals should i shoot for? Average metabolism, lifting 4-5 days a week, cardio 4 days a week.

Is this possible?

Thank you.
    Should be a good cycle...your goals are very possible.

Interesting as I'm doing the same.
    5'9", 167 to 170 depending. 14.5% BF. BMI around 23.
    4 to 6 days depending upon schedule, but usually a solid 5 in the gym.
    No beer, increased protein intake dramatic, reduced carbs and fat intake.
    1 gallon of water a day intake or more.
    Running split dosage 20MG AM, and 30 MG mid-day VAR only with suplliments.
    I was only planning 8 weeks, should I consider 10, or would a mis cycle increased dosage be better?
    My goal like yours is to lose BF while gaining lean muscle, but if I say lose 5 lbs. of fat, I want to replace it with 10 lbs. of muscle for a net increase of 5 lbs.
    What are thought about dosage and length/
    I'm also interested in the whole creatine thing **** noted above. Not only hard on the liver, but is this a good addition to his cycle given the water retention creatine often gives, and if so at what dosage and time frame?
    Interesting as I see mre people going to VAR this time of year. Everyone trying to be tight for the beach? LOL

Hybrid_OLB is offline Junior Member
    so you guys are just talking about Anavar with out any injection? just anavar by itself?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid_OLB View Post
    so you guys are just talking about Anavar with out any injection? just anavar by itself?
    if it's anavar only then yes they are

Hybrid_OLB is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    if it's anavar only then yes they are
    oh ok, thats what i am looking at trying as well.

Check this out then if you are interested in VAR only

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...72#post5141672

Good luck and no phishing for sources. If you haven't already, READ THE RULES.
    Thanks Bro

The FAQ doesn't answer the questions posed in this thread: Can Anavar be safely taken by itself? Does it completely shut you down? Is the shut down temporary and can a good PCT help you recover quick?

428scj is offline Junior Member
    Based on my reading on this and other sites I think the consensus answers are as follows.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    The FAQ doesn't answer the questions posed in this thread: Can Anavar be safely taken by itself? Yes, many athletes do it at varying doses. I have read from as much as 100mg to as low as 5 mg for women and kids. There is not a consensus on how much to take and alot of posters have said if the Var is pharmeceutical grade then you will not have to take as much to see results. Some posters have said they have seen little or no results at high doses but then others questioned if he had real var? Favorable results also depends on the amount of body fat on the user; as Var is supposed to work best (visual results like vasularity, striations, ect.) on those with body fat numbers under 15% or so. But some dispute this as well.

Does it completely shut you down? This seems to be in question but I am thinking it is going to atleast lower your test levels based on what Ollieolson99 posted in his thread. BJJ was using Masterton (spelling?) during his cycle and had the test levels of a 27 year old after his var cycle, but I have found that is what the Masterton (spelling?) is supposed to do for you, so it is hard to tell based on what I read of BJJ's var cycle to what level it affected him. Maybe he will post here or you can just PM him? I have read some say it diidn't affect them at all and that PCT was not, or is not necessary.

My thoughts are it is a steroid, treat it as such. To what level it affects you, in my opinion, is going to be based on the user and the amount used. Have a PCT planned and ready to go in the event you need it. Better to be safe than sorry.

Is the shut down temporary and can a good PCT help you recover quick?This one is easy. The CONSENSUS across the board has been it is temporary and whether you PCT or not, your test levels will recover, regardless. It is just a matter of how long you want to wait.
    This is all information I have found on this and other sites. It is what I gathered and not mine. I have never used and have always trained natural. I am planning on doing a Var or T-bol (or both) cycle that I spoke to BJJ and Phate about and will post how that goes, if my gear ever gets here.

Good luck. Hope you get your answers. I know it is hard to do sometimes.
    Last edited by 428scj; 04-09-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Cool thanks. Do let us know how your cycle goes. Keep a log here on this forum.

What are your stats btw?

Another question: Does Anaviar cause roid rage ? Aka does it increase your angr or give you fits of rage like Test does and Dianabol does?

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Another question: Does Anaviar cause roid rage? Aka does it increase your angr or give you fits of rage like Test does and Dianabol does?
    Yes!

My ex actually left me because I was on a Var only cycle and I kept kicking the dog and breaking shit around the house randomly. It got bad, man.

But seriously. I don't believe in "roid rage " and var is so mild that you probably wouldn't feel any increased agression...at least I never did on var.

I have experienced severe roid rage on Test E (500mg/week), so I know what I am talking about.

But yes, I meant increased aggression.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    I have experienced severe roid rage on Test E (500mg/week), so I know what I am talking about.

But yes, I meant increased aggression.
    LMAO, there's no scientific basis for "roid rage", yes you get increased aggression but it's the person that decides how to deal with it, if you are aggressive off cycle, you'll be more aggressive on cycle

forte is offline Junior Member
    Current:
    29yo
    5'9"

Is this possible?

Thank you.
    i would top that with some tren or mast or both for some noticeable results. in fact that's my next cycle consisting of. no more than 3000 calories.

Thread Information