liable is offline Associate Member

Protien in urine MEPS

i go to meps on tuesday ,they told me to stop taking protien because of the test for the protien in unrine(kidys i guess) im in the middle of a test /deca cycle will that **** with my protien levels

anyone help

Someguy123 is offline Member
    first of all, what is meps?? that would help greatly in answering your question i assume.

and what do they mean, by quit taking protein?? do they want you on an all carb diet, or just not taking any protein shakes??

from what i can dechiper, it seems youre going for some kind of medical test?? which means you should only have to fast, or restrict your diet for 12 hours before the test. so i wouldnt worry too much about it affecting your cycle.

cobra305 is offline Member
    If your are spilling protien in your urine it is not from protien shakes. You should fast 12 hours prior to the urinalysis and you should also not exercise 12 hrs prior to

NMacFar is offline Member
    I don't see how this is a bad thing...

Zedik is offline Junior Member
    Ill chime in since I am in the military. MEPS is the inprocessing unit for someone who wants to enter the military. Consumption of protein will not affect why you have proteinuria. Yes the cycle you are on can possibly contribute to why your urinalysis is showing small amounts of protein. I have always had microscopic blood in my urine (hematuria) but not until I came off cycle did I have some protein show up in my piss. As long as you are on cycle you will still have this. You can google steroids and proteinuria and find it is a side affect. If this is keeping you from getting in the military than you will probably have to come off cycle for your kidney functions to go back to normal.

Or, you just natural leak protein through your filtration system. Heres the deal, it is very bad to have proteinuria normally, it means your kidneys are not functioning properly. If its only the roids that are causing it you will be good when you come off, but if it is just how your body is normally than it can be dangerous. Dont just take my opinion, you can research it for yourself.

Google "thin basement membrane disease" or "IGA nephropathy"

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you have any kidney disorders? Do you have any infections? Fever? Is you urine foamy?

Protein in urine can mean many different things, some can be serious and others temporary due to less serious causes.

Can you be more clear about what your question is?
    Last edited by tboney; 04-15-2010 at 08:07 AM. Reason: typo

sorry my question wasent clear, i read up on all the sides but nothing was very clear
    Last edited by liable; 04-15-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tboney View Post
    Do you have any kidney disorders? Do you have any infections? Fever? Is you urine foamy?

Protein in urine can mean many different things, some can be serious and others temporary due to less serious causes.

Can you be more clear about what your question is?
    Question is will my cycle effect the test,

Triple Stack is offline Associate Member
    I've talked to a recruiter who said MEPS interprets the results of high protein to mean the candidate may be taking a masking agent to hide drug use. So a recruiter may warn thier candidate before hand to reduce protein intake so they don't get wrongly rejected. The guy I talked to works out at my gym & I thought it was preposterous to reject someone on the suspicion like that. He agreed but said that's how it is.

From what I understand is that MEPS doesn't test for steroids . It's too expensive & complicated...they just look for the typical pot,herion, cocaine, meth, etc. and as such they look for signs of people taking "Golden Seal" to hide thier use.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Stack View Post
    I've talked to a recruiter who said MEPS interprets the results of high protein to mean the candidate may be taking a masking agent to hide drug use. So a recruiter may warn thier candidate before hand to reduce protein intake so they don't get wrongly rejected. The guy I talked to works out at my gym & I thought it was preposterous to reject someone on the suspicion like that. He agreed but said that's how it is.

From what I understand is that MEPS doesn't test for steroids. It's too expensive & complicated...they just look for the typical pot,herion, cocaine, meth, etc. and as such they look for signs of people taking "Golden Seal" to hide thier use.
    Thanks,

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Alozo Morning had protein in his urine and lost one of his kidneys..

forget the cycle man, make sure u are healthy..

health first man, health first.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    If you're on steroids while trying to join the military I think you need to take a step back and reexamine your life for a little.

Bad Idea

Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    If you're on steroids while trying to join the military I think you need to take a step back and reexamine your life for a little.

Bad Idea
    And why should i reexamine my life, Im not some dumb 18yr old kid Im 28 i have already served 5 yrs go out and miss the life of the service so what exactly are you trying to get at,
    Last edited by liable; 04-16-2010 at 12:29 PM.

Zedik is offline Junior Member
    I doubt MEPS would ever test for steroids but they will probably want to find the underlying reason for your proteinuria. It is a disqualifying factor in joining the military and you would need a waiver saying that their is nothing serious causing it. In that case they may want to take a full panel of blood work and urinalysis. Now they wont necessarily check for steroids but they may want to test overall testosterone levels among other things. Believe me, I just went through this last month, not for entrance into the military but for attending a military school.

neverfalter is offline New Member
    im interested to know how meps went for you liable im joining the marines and i am currently on a test cycle and im wondering if i should put meps off till im off or if it didnt matter

Quote Originally Posted by liable View Post
    And why should i reexamine my life, Im not some dumb 18yr old kid Im 28 i have already served 5 yrs go out and miss the life of the service so what exactly are you trying to get at,
    I don't think you can argue that using steroids while in the military is a "good" idea.

Someguy123 is offline Member
    I don't think you can argue that using steroids while in the military is a "good" idea.

its not neccesarily a bad idea. if i was on the battlefield in a fire fight with a bunch of sand ninjas, id damn sure wanna be sauced up.

neverfalter is offline New Member
    any word on how it went liable?

dma-n01 is offline New Member
    for what its worth...... work in hospital, have done these tests before. the reason they told you to lay of the protein is to get an accurate reading, they arent testing for juice, theres only some 5 lagit labs in us that do that, at least last time i checked. if the protein levels are elevated in your urine it can be a precoursor to alot of problems, usually none to severe. when i do a high protein diet i have elevated levels, much like you would with a shake. they want to check specific gravity, ketones, protein, among other things, with high amnts of protein it can change your s.g. yada yada, basically they want to make sure ur kidneys, liver, lymph, and cardiac sys. all check out, dont worry, lay off the shake, they wont be checking for ne thing other than drugs (opiates, speed, benzos) and for normal function, last thing they want is a dood overseas being sent back for kidney or liver problems that they couldve found

brad1986 is offline Senior Member

Bad Idea
    ??? Why is that a bad thing? wouldnt you want sombody fighting for us to be in best shape possible??!!!

jch3131 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah why isnt it a good idea? im in the military and we are pretty much paid athletes. Have you ever been in the military? prob not.

Anyway about the question, MEPS and the military does NOT test for steroids . Its too expensive and we have drug tests all the time. I'm a Marine and we are cheap lol. As far as ways for the protein thing, i would say fast. Thats what my recruiter said to me way back when. Good luck

Polynikes is offline New Member
    its not neccesarily a bad idea. if i was on the battlefield in a fire fight with a bunch of sand ninjas, id damn sure wanna be sauced up.
    If you find yourself in this situation, GEAR aint gonna do a damn thing for you.

This thread is a year old, and yes I did my time in the military and I wasn't a pog. It would be a bad idea because I've seen people lose a lot over it. No, they don't typically test for it, but if you are suspected of it or get caught with paraphernalia you will be. I'm sure the Marines are different, but in the Army the average soldier is FAR from athletic lol.

Thread Information