StevePJC is offline Member

A bit ashamed to ask

Years ago I had alot of experience with the rigamarol but something new just happened.

Doc let's me self inject and I've been favoring my quads lately. Now I've had blood come out before after withdrawing but never dark red. I know if it went straight in I'd likely have felt it inside a minute but the darkness of the blood kinda freaked me out. Seeking reassurance

put a call into the doc but she isn't in yet. Sorry if the typing is bad, I'm on my phone

Spartan ^ is offline Associate Member
    Probably just either went through a vein or nicked one. This is not a big deal. may see some bruising or have a little soreness. I dont get from your post that you injected into a vein, and you would surely know, (sweats, shortness of breath, etc for a short time).

Do you asparate? Its the sure fire way to make sure you're not in a vein....

Dont be ashamed bro...this is a legit question. everyone needs a little reassurance every now and again.

Yeah I aspirate every single time. Made that mistake a LOOOONG time ago once. Will never do it again. The nasties started within a minute which is why I wasn't really worried. I've just never seen dark dark blood like that. Freaked me a little.

Thank you very much for the answer though. I figured if I wasn't dead yet or on the floor wishing for death I was ok by now. Again thank you!

Archangel. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan ^ View Post
    Probably just either went through a vein or nicked one. This is not a big deal. may see some bruising or have a little soreness. I dont get from your post that you injected into a vein, and you would surely know, (sweats, shortness of breath, etc for a short time).

Do you asparate? Its the sure fire way to make sure you're not in a vein....

Dont be ashamed bro...this is a legit question. everyone needs a little reassurance every now and again.
    I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but what is "asparate"?

Asparate is when someone is typing on his phone and fouls up when he means to say aspirate .

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^ when u pull back on the syringe after you inject it into your muscle to ensure you dont inject into a vein. when you asparate it should just be a air that comes back, if you nick a vein ull see blood come back into the syringe. if this happens u need to pull the needle out and inject elsewhere

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    I hit a vein in my quad so bad ine time as soon as I stabbed myself it filled the syringe up with blood and then blew the plunger right out of it! Never did quads again and never had a problem

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    The darker tint is likely a result of elevated hemoglobin, RBCs and hematocrit. A normal side of HRT but when is the last time you had a blood test?

January was the last time I had bloodwork done.

Spartan ^ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninesecz View Post
    I hit a vein in my quad so bad ine time as soon as I stabbed myself it filled the syringe up with blood and then blew the plunger right out of it! Never did quads again and never had a problem
    Thats because your legs are so huge nine! The needle is afriad of the size of the QUADS!

I do quads a lot of the time. Never had much of a problem. I rotate delts, quads, glutes. Glutes is where I pin the least. I have T-rex arms and cant reach around very well!

Thread Information