cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Self injecting shoulders

My bro who usually does me has become too unreliable so I need to inject myself

How hard is it to inject the shoulders yourself it looks like a wierd angle? Same question but for glutes? Im not going to do my quads had a bad infection and just don't like doing em.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    delts are easy. Rest your forearm on something, or even on your lap, reach across with your other arm, and you're set.

I hate twisting around for glutes. You could use a mirror to make it easier.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    delts are easy. Rest your forearm on something, or even on your lap, reach across with your other arm, and you're set.

I hate twisting around for glutes. You could use a mirror to make it easier.
    X2, only ever tried glutes once and gave up..

dieseljimmy is offline Associate Member
    I usually hold my elbow of the hand with needle with the hand that corresponds to the shoulder I am injecting into. you can get a little more leverage.
    same techinque works for lats

JasonT is offline Member
    Another member suggested this and it was super easy:

Get on your knees in front of your bed, lay your arm out on your bed. You will be injecting down into your shoulder. no weird angles and the shoulder will be relaxed.

big l is offline Junior Member
    Injecting in your shoulders is easy. I sit at my desk and rest the arm to be injected in my lap and lean my other elbow on the desk to keep it steady while I inject.

What size needles are you using. I usually use a one 25g 1inch on my shoulders but all they had at cvs was 25g 5/8inch needles today. I used one today. Felt fine. I think that 5/8 deep enough but if anyone has feedback on that I'd like to hear it. Thanks!

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    I find the best way to keep your shoulder from flexing is just to put the hand of the shoulder you are pinning under the other armpit and since you are reaching across with tat arm to inject, it holds it there at rest. Use your thumb and middle finger to hold the syringe while pushing down with the index finger. Delts are a very painless and an easy area to hit.

JBarron is offline Member
    Say one is using a 1.5" needle, do you recommend not inserting the needle all the way?

corestorm is offline Associate Member
    I just injected my chest today went very well try your chest!

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarron View Post
    Say one is using a 1.5" needle, do you recommend not inserting the needle all the way?
    What I do since I dont buy a bunch of different length pins, is to take one of the old sheiths from a pin and cut it half inch up. The you can just slide this over a 1.5" needle and only an inch is sticking out. Just make sure to clean this cut peice often as it may get a little of the oil and possible some blood on it.

JBarron is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    What I do since I dont buy a bunch of different length pins, is to take one of the old sheiths from a pin and cut it half inch up. The you can just slide this over a 1.5" needle and only an inch is sticking out. Just make sure to clean this cut peice often as it may get a little of the oil and possible some blood on it.
    Great idea bro, I will probably do this. So cut the sheath so there is only an inch of needle sticking out.

Thread Information