Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    matty boy is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

does drinking beer hurt your cycle????

some people tell medrinking is not a big deal....and other people say that you wont get the most from your cycle when u drink any info???thank you

HOLLYWOOD85 is offline Associate Member
    You like you liver???

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    alchohol will raise your estrogen

snowboarder77 is offline New Member
    Only if you don't have the right company..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails does drinking beer hurt your cycle????-picture-104.jpg  

matty boy is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    where do u get that info from???never heard that one

And here you go again... pointless posts snowboarder

InknSteel is offline Associate Member
    There are literally hundreds of threads about this. Drinking excessively will hinder your gains, and drinking while on orals is a big NO NO if you want to keep your liver functional. Biggest part of AAS is your diet, does alcohol have any nutritional value that would benefit your diet? Having a few here and there won't kill your gains but is it really worth it? Just my $.02 though.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Omynys1 View Post
    What are you some kind of gay?
    What is the reason for this post?

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    its all about moderation, I'd try and stay away from it on orals but otherwise I really dont see where a few beers/wk will hurt much. I'll drink a couple low carb beers every few days and it doesn't hurt me at all in terms of gains. You also have to put everything into perspective, most of us eat very healthy and do some sort of cardio also, is a couple beers here and there really as bad as eating junk on a daily basis?

StangLaw is offline Junior Member
    Id rather have a beer than a coke. Do a side by side of the nutritional values, beer is way better for you, if you want one that is, but who just has one beer lol

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NVR2BIG1 View Post
    its all about moderation, I'd try and stay away from it on orals but otherwise I really dont see where a few beers/wk will hurt much. I'll drink a couple low carb beers every few days and it doesn't hurt me at all in terms of gains. You also have to put everything into perspective, most of us eat very healthy and do some sort of cardio also, is a couple beers here and there really as bad as eating junk on a daily basis?

^^^^ This......

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Well I dont know about how bad it really is with gear but it really scews up my cutting diet I can tell you that much

Arian is offline Associate Member
    Isn't it true that alcohol is catabolic? Or am I confused? Cause I love some beer, but I've been trying to stay away from it lately. I was thinking the calories were bad but not too bad, I just didn't want to have the alcohol mess me up.

ThatGuyYeahHim is offline Associate Member
    Guys, thank you for the information.
    I actually asked a similar question in a similar post. Was going to do research shortly but this clears it up.

Again cheers all for input.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I know a lot of people who only drink a few beers a week with no heal issues; except all of them are 20+ lbs over weight, have at least a little beer belly, are 18%+ body fat,

I dont think I know anyone who drinks regularly (a few beers a week) and works out on any type of regular basis. I am not talking about working out for 1, 2 or 3 moths but who exercise and training is part of their life.

I think I had one beer 4 or 5 months ago and maybe one or two within the last year. Beer is so over rated. LOL I would rather drink most anything. I get no satifaction out of beer. Only think it's good for is getting buzzed/drunk.

I have NEVER had a beer where I though wow that good. Nope not even an ice cold beer in 95 deg + weather. Yes it was nice to drink something cold but good? No...

fattywarbucks is offline Associate Member
    If you do drink, just make sure you fist pump or do a synthol pose and flex. It'll burn calories and make you look cool

snowboarder77 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD85 View Post
    And here you go again... pointless posts snowboarder
    EASY BRO!!! I was just kidding.

ScotchGuard is offline Senior Member
    Beer is pretty much empty calories. A lot of sugar in the system with no fiber to back it up. It probably isn't bad in moderation. I just don't drink at all during cycle. I figure I'm working so hard to maintain my diet and training why mess it up even a little with empty calories?

graeme87 is offline Member
    If you are on a bulking diet and don't mind a few empty calories that = fat then you can have it in moderation. Just don't go out and get wrecked.

If your cutting it's a big no no!

I prefer spirits to beer and don't mind having a few once a month if I'm out in a club but then I take protein shakes to the club with me to make sure I don't miss a meal

wharton is offline out of here
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme87 View Post
    If you are on a bulking diet and don't mind a few empty calories that = fat then you can have it in moderation. Just don't go out and get wrecked.

If your cutting it's a big no no!

I prefer spirits to beer and don't mind having a few once a month if I'm out in a club but then I take protein shakes to the club with me to make sure I don't miss a meal
    you take a protein shake out with you~? LoL

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wharton View Post
    I have a supply at work...

ThatGuyYeahHim is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Only think it's good for is getting buzzed/drunk
    Umm.. yeah. Thats the point isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    ^^^^ This......

~Haz~
    exactly. I wish these guys could step into any ny club and see how many guys who are in great shape can have a drink too

NickyReps717 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I have a supply at work...
    You said you take protein shakes to the club....not work

JasonT is offline Member
    so what spirits would be the most preferable if one were to drink?

vodka/club soda?

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    drinking won't hurt your liver much more on injectables (like test) than if you didn't do anything. On orals, alcohol is especially bad for your liver

I drink a few times on cycle, it's fine really if you don't make it a habit. Just not on orals

besides, go to a beach town and see how many jacked roided up dudes there are drinking. I am one of them sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    besides, go to a beach town and see how many jacked roided up dudes there are drinking. I am one of them sometimes
    I'm one of them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I'm one of them all the time.
    we should be d-bag partners in crime and laugh at the skinny 130lbers while we get all the chicks

Quote Originally Posted by wharton View Post
    Haha yeah I join in with everyone having a a few Jack D's then I pull out my protein shaker and order a bottle of water to mix it up.

My friends were embarrassed at first but they are used to it now. Obviously you get a few weird looks but a lot of people come over and ask you what you are drinking and it's actually a good conversation starter.

JasonT is offline Member
    ^^^ can't you just throw some protein powder into a budlight and shake it up?

tcarn01 is offline Associate Member
    Haha yeah I join in with everyone having a a few Jack D's then I pull out my protein shaker and order a bottle of water to mix it up.

My friends were embarrassed at first but they are used to it now. Obviously you get a few weird looks but a lot of people come over and ask you what you are drinking and it's actually a good conversation starter.
    you should be embarrassed for yourself if you do that. No chick at a club wants to talk about some d-bag drinking protein at the club.. wtf.....

Quote Originally Posted by tcarn01 View Post
    you should be embarrassed for yourself if you do that. No chick at a club wants to talk about some d-bag drinking protein at the club.. wtf.....
    lol. seriously. How do you carry a shaker? Its not going to fit in your pocket. Is it in a purse

Just take it in a bag and leave it at the cloakroom, go down and get it when I need it.

It's not easy to leave a club in the middle of the night and find somewhere that'll cook you lean chicken breast and 5 egg whites, KFC is about the best you can do.

unless your going pro or competing i dont see the point. Eat before you go and when you get home.

Quote Originally Posted by tcarn01 View Post
    I'm confident enough to eat what I want to eat and drink what I want to drink. If you're a bodybuilder you'll get used to people being shocked at what you eat it's not a big deal.

Also if you're going to call someone a d-bag because you don't like what they are drinking then you are very narrow minded person and have a lot of growing up to do.

I'm confident enough to eat what I want to eat and drink what I want to drink. If you're a bodybuilder you'll get used to people being shocked at what you eat it's not a big deal.

Also if you're going to call someone a d-bag because you don't like what they are drinking then you are very narrow minded person and have a lot of growing up to do.
    i didnt call you a d-bag. But if won of my friends did it yes i would laugh at them.

Its great you dont care what people think and do what you want,

like i said i dont see the point since your only at a club for a few hours.

what are your stats? im curious

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    unless your going pro or competing i dont see the point. Eat before you go and when you get home.
    I'm not quite going pro but I'm defo trying to take things to the next level and including travel I'd be about 6 hours without food if I ate before I left and not again until I got home.

I'm not saying it's essential by any means, it's become a bit of a gimmick between my friends and I. And of course I see the funny side of it but it only takes 10 minutes to drink a shake so its a quick and easy meal with no hassle except the odd funny look.

tcarn01 is offline Associate Member
    Most people here who are asking if beer or alcohol is ok to drink obviously are not going (PRO), sorry graeme87 but this is just the case. Kid just wondered if beer is ok, and yes it is if it's in moderation. Hell, i use to get wasted all the time on gear in my 20's and never had any problems although i wouldn't recommend it. For some normal person headed to the club they are not going to take a freeking shaker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information