JBarron is offline Member

Muscle Twitching/Spasms from cycle?

I'm about 7 weeks in 150mg/ml prop EOD.

For about the past two and a half weeks I've been getting these muscle spasms in my front delt, and "upper outer" pectoral area.

When I hold my arms up above my head or in an elevated position. For example scratching the back of my head.

When I bring my arm (left or right) back down the said area will flex up really tight and kind of twitch a couple of times. It's actually kind of cool sometimes when at the gym, the area will flex and twitch, and it shows how ripped and cut I am haha.

But now it's becoming a nuisance. Anyone experience this or no what causes the spasms and twitches?

Btw, I pin quads, and delts (not front delts)

I've also read a bunch on how it could be caused by dehydration, I drink plenty and plenty of water throughout the day so that isn't it.

Also how it could be caused by potasium deficiency, I eat 1 sweet potato or regular potato a day, so I can't see that being it either.
    Last edited by JBarron; 06-03-2010 at 11:31 PM.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    This happens to me Without cycling. It gets annoying but eventually goes away. I just figured it was from vigorous excercise.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^ same here, generally in the delts, tris and quads. Sometimes it goes for minutes.

No idea why...

JBarron is offline Member
    I started running EC stack along with cycling, and I read higher amounts of caffeine could cause it. So idk this may be somewhat of a culprit.

That and like you mentioned above, vigorous exercise.

vaders4 is offline Member
    I get the same thing in my delts and I do not cycle.

It'll happen everyday for a week, go away for a few months, happen again for a day or two etc..

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    i get twitches and spasms everywhere mate, including my face. they come and go, sometimes staying for a few months

discobizkid is offline New Member
    Spasms can be caused by insufficient hydration, muscle overload or absence of some minerals (such as magnesium), if it's not followed by sever pain then I'd say your in the above category. Very common with the stress we place on our muscles while cycling.

vaders4 is offline Member
    Also I know this sounds weird, but I've started eating 1 banana a day and ever since then my muscle spasms have gone away.

Thread Information