t1d
    t1d is offline New Member

Needing advice for a newbie

Ok i did a intro on the male intro thread and asked for advice but no response. im 39 been working out off and on since i was a young kid, been taking supplements for several years, protien shakes, creatine, etc. im a type1 diabetic i take insulin , im slender build 170lbs i cant put on muscle mass like i want, WHAT CAN I TAKE OR DO? give me advice PLEASE?? i tried given up weight lifting cuz after a while it seems pointless but then the bug bites me again and i start lifting again, id like to bulk up to about 190-200lbs, im strong and in descent shape but i want to excel.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Welcome to AR

So you are on prescribed hrt with test and gh? How much of each how often was prescribed to you?

How tall are you? Bodyfat %?

t1d
    thanks for responding, the test. was a compound cream 50mg/ml and applied 1ml to thin area of skin every a.m. the hgh was 2 years ago and the free trial expired, it was an injection but i dont remember the dosage or strength. idk what hrt is? im on insulin for my diabetes.

HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy

Are you still using the test cream? Are your levels tested as being in normal range?

Height? Bodyfat?

t1d
    I lost my job a year and half ago and i dont have insurance to keep seeing my Dr. and had to stop the compound cream although i still have some left that i hadnt used, No i didnt get to do a lab test to check if the cream worked, im 5'9 i dont have a way to determine my body fat but if i do its very minimal, type1 diabetics are usually are very thin, type2 diabetics are the ones that are over weight, they shouldnt be classified in the same catagory, if i didnt work out at all id be the toothpick of the crowd.

Just given where you are, and that you've had issues in the past with low hormone levels, I'd start by getting a blood test and ironing out a good diet and making sure the training is geared towards what you want to achieve. If you need to be on hrt it seems you need to know that before you come off and end up trying to support mass without the test levels or whatever to do it.

Jahcuree is offline Associate Member
    Hey brother, welcome.

If your looking to gain mass ( i think thats what you want ) check out the diet section and get that on lock.

After that, as long as your workout routine is good you should be able to put on lean mass semi - easily especially with the insulin added because of your type 1. My sis has been type one since she was 11 and now has a thicker bone structure than i do for some reason... When she lifts she can pack muscle on like i wish i could.

Good luck brother.

t1d
    My diet has always been rather strict for sugar control reasons, ive tried boosting more insulin to put some weight (fat) on my bones but it dont work, i guess i have a good metabolism cuz i just cant seem to put meat on my bones, during winter months i can put on 5 or so lbs but soon as weather warms up and i can sweat a little it sheds, as i said in the other thread in 2003 i tried the Fizogen On and Off Cycle and it was the most muscle i packed on and was noticable to others but i think the laws changed and that product didnt work anymore, I know my libido is low cuz my sex drive is down, im not afraid to try a gear if someone could recomend a starting point for me, i been reading alot on here since i signed up, its alot to take in especially cuz alot of questions are of those who are already been using steroids . i would like to start on something lite to see how it effects me and go easy from there. Lean mass is not what im strictly looking for nor am i worried about water retention because of a bloated or puffy look, i could use some bulk with the mass. my bone structure isnt very thick so that is a downside too.

Once again we have come back to "what should I take". Look, I'm not saying AAS isn't for you, I'm just trying to help you get things in order. If your diet and workouts are not in line and your hormone levels are those of a 2nd grade girl then you're not going to see any satisfying and lasting change from AAS use. All too often people have a "great diet" that sucks and doesn't come close to the calories they need, and then workout the same muscles 6 days a week and wonder why they don't get the desired results. I'm not saying this is you either, but it's almost always the case when people "can't" get the results they want. Just looking out.

Diet: Think 6 meals, 40/40/20 calories split pro/carb/fats, total 3500 calories a day. That is a very basic outline, and not what everyone would advocate, but it's a nice start. Does your diet do anything remotely close to that? If the answer is no, your diet probably sucks!

Workout split: I like a simple 3 day split. Chest/Tri's/Shoulders, Legs, Abs/Back/Bi's. Many other splits exist, as do many styles. Find what works best for you. Seems to me most people here utilize a 4 or 5 day split training each part once weekly.

And for someone who was prescribed hrt you really should see where your levels are at.

t1d
    You got my diet correct as far as 5-6 meals a day mainly to avoid glucose spikes from eating fewer larger meals, ive been lifting for many years and have done many different exercise splits from all muscles at a 3hr workout to one muscle group workout per day, right now im doing 3 body parts per workout throughout the week, get plenty of sleep, ive read muscle magazines and tried the trick of the week worhouts and so called amazing muscle building supplement of the month, my genetics just werent made for me to be a bodybuilder

t1d - if you are a type one diabetic, you already use one of the most used anabolics in bodybuilding.

If your diet is good,(and i mean great, again check diet section) and your workout routine is good and consistant then you will see gains in size and strength.

In your case, have a large meal with high complex carb and protein immediately after a workout. Then inject (or pump, w.e. u use) the according amount of insulin to cover the meal. The insulin will pump the nutrients to the muscles faster than the rest of us, therefore you already have an advantage over us. Your will atrophy faster and recover quicker.

Good luck brother. GET BIG

t1d
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahcuree View Post
    t1d - if you are a type one diabetic, you already use one of the most used anabolics in bodybuilding.

If your diet is good,(and i mean great, again check diet section) and your workout routine is good and consistant then you will see gains in size and strength.

In your case, have a large meal with high complex carb and protein immediately after a workout. Then inject (or pump, w.e. u use) the according amount of insulin to cover the meal. The insulin will pump the nutrients to the muscles faster than the rest of us, therefore you already have an advantage over us. Your will atrophy faster and recover quicker.

that makes good sense, problem is that blood sugar control during and after a workout, let me explain, as the muscles are stressing the oncall for insulin goes up and the need for glucose is being used up as well, usually end up with a low blood sugar, but the hormones and stress contiue to cause the sugar levels to increase and after a workout and some cool down the sugar levels will usually even out, now unless i go take a big shot of insulin and then go eat a good size meal the sugar levels tend to spike then drop, its a hard lifestyle to balance, i know from what iv read that insulin is a great hormone for bodybuilders but for a type1 its not the case, a healthy person can manipulate the pancreas to deliver insulin and then may add a little insulin with an injection and the body can still regulate the sugar levels etc, a type 1 has to be very cautious because of these sugar ( Carbohydrate) spikes as it produces Ketoneacidosos which is acid in the blood that actually destroys muscles tissue, ive toren muscles in my legs before from trying to get to the kitchen for an insulin shot after eating and not taking a shot, and the smell of bleach you get from high acid levels in your blood sux too. The info i read here is great but unless there are a few type 1s that are bodybuilders it hard to follow the same diets and routines of a healthy weight lifter, Im just thinking a simple anabolic may be a good boost, dont get me wrong when i havent worked out in a few weeks i can workout for a week and make good results but going beyond is where i always get stumped.

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahcuree View Post

I disagree with this statement the "NORMAL" person who's body produces insulin normally would benefit from slin injection meant for aas use the op's body doesn't produce insulin regularly so he is just supplementing what his body doesn't produce naturally

Quote Originally Posted by bjohnson1968 View Post
    I disagree with this statement the "NORMAL" person who's body produces insulin normally would benefit from slin injection meant for aas use the op's body doesn't produce insulin regularly so he is just supplementing what his body doesn't produce naturally
    Right, but still the OP has more control over the timing and amount of his insulin in his bloodstream. Which he can use to his advantage to create a more anabolic state i believe.

t1d - i see what what your saying there about the spikes. I think that you can also tweak a "bodybuilding diet" to be easier on your system. Just try to keep your protein consumption very high is prob. the biggest part.

Also Op, if you havent already i would look into getting the pump, planning injections has got to be a huge pain, my sis got the pump about 5 years ago and its made her life much easier. (she plays soccer and lifts weights at a sports performance training center)

I hope i could be some sort of help for you here.
    Good luck

t1d
    I had a bad experience with a pump, I was woken up one morning by 5 paramedics holding me down and trying to revive me cuz of a severe low blood sugar level, if they ever create an active glucose monitor that can be wired to a pump to control it that would be great for me, i been injecting isulin since 1982 2- 3 times a day and i think the pump is more uncomfortable and painful to set up on yourself.

wow. thats scary man. I guess the pump or injections is all personal preference huh.

My sis just got that active glucose monitor put in. It seems like only a mattter of time before they combine the technologies.

Thread Information