NickyReps717 is offline Junior Member

Winny..elbow pain..oh well

I was on 50mg of Winny ed for the past 2 weeks.

Working outside this week on my motorcycle, and situating all my tools from my move back to Long Island from Florida.

I moved a big wooden stand I made, weighs about 60lbs. I kept dragging it and everything was fine.

10 minutes after my elbow started to throb. The pain was unbearable, I couldn't lift my arm. I took some anti-inflammatory (Ibuprofen) and rested it on ice for a little bit.

About an hour later the pain finally subsided. I stopped the winny, its been 2 days since I took a pill.

Anyone got any idea of what I should buy? Something from Vitamin Shoppe? GNC? Or just rest it. I haven't been at the gym either. Thats pissing me off also.

Any ideas?

Thanks

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    If it's completely preventing you from lifting anything seek professional help.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you maybe damaged something if it doesnt go away with rest and ice in a couple days go to the DR might want to go sooner?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Just rest it and see how you go, winny does have a history of drying the joints so this might of influenced your injury.

njviking is offline Junior Member
    op,
    i just finished my 12 week cycle and ran 80mg of winny wks 8-12.

it fuukin sucked. granted im 42, but everything the pros say about it was true. fuuks your joints up bad. i get sore from lifting but not like that kinda sore. i suffered through it and finished cycle but it wasnt easy. it effed up my left elbow and shoulder to the point i could barely lift. after week 12 of cycle i took a solid week off and did nothing but cardio and abs. its been 15 days since my last winny and i lifted lastnight and am sore but joints are not killing me.

i added creatine to my PTS and took omega-3 supps every day and it really didnt help. im sure its not like that for all but joint pain is one of the most common sides.

my question to the pro's is: does Var have a history of causing joint pain??? i liked the results from the winny thats why i worked through it but would def. consider Var next time if its easier on the joints???
    Last edited by njviking; 06-11-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Var had no effect on my joints whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    If it's completely preventing you from lifting anything seek professional help.
    I can lift things, just when it hurts, i wouldnt lift anything to hurt it more

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Just rest it and see how you go, winny does have a history of drying the joints so this might of influenced your injury.
    Yea. I'll stay out of the gym for a few days and hopefully it will get better. I stopped the winny. I've never had any injuries in the past. Winny def dried out the joints. I'll knock that off my cycle.

Thanks

nilrac is offline Member
    In terms of supps for help with joints, usual suspects: fish oils, glucosamine, collagen etc. GL.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nilrac View Post
    In terms of supps for help with joints, usual suspects: fish oils, glucosamine, collagen etc. GL.

These are all things I use on any cycle to help prevent any problems helps alot.

Long R3-IGF-1, Hyaluronic Acid, Aprotinin, Adequan, and Cynatine are all g2g for joint supplementation.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    What everyone else said plus cissus quandrularus if you can afford it

What I basically do is go into a walgreens or cvs when they are having a 2 for 1 sale (lately they are doing it every week) and I get a ton of vitamins. Then I have a little fish tackle box thing I keep all the vitamins divided in for each day so I don't have to go searching for every bottle.

I am def going to the hit the store tomorrow morning.

I am in so much pain right now its almost unbearable. I have it on an ice pack and took some advil.

I'm so depressed about this, I havent worked out, Ive been cheating on my diet. This is really killing everything!

I am going to buy a few things tomorrow that you guys mentioned

Thanks again

Sounds serious bro. Make an appointment with your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Sounds serious bro. Make an appointment with your doctor.
    See the thing is. I'll go a whole day if not more without it hurting, then ill go to use it to lift something heavy or whatever then it will hurt.

But normal living its fine.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    You may just need to give it time, which is unfortunate since you're on your cycle... sh*t happens bro.. take care of your body 1st... maybe you need to hop on your pct and re-plan once you're feeling better. Sucks..

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    You may just need to give it time, which is unfortunate since you're on your cycle... sh*t happens bro.. take care of your body 1st... maybe you need to hop on your pct and re-plan once you're feeling better. Sucks..
    Yea, I already lowered my test dosage. Like you said, I'm prob going to hop on some nolva right now for the time being and wait till the off season to start again.

UGH. Never messin with winstrol again.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Ive decided not to run winny after reading this

Its also reinforced that I am def running deca with my next cycle

btw some people use a menthol rub.. I have a post active in the lounge im trying to figure out if it just lessens the pain or if it has some kind of further effect

nilrac is offline Member
    Yeah there are some good "deep heat" gels and lotions etc which you massage into the area. Some contain Devils Claw Extract, Witch Hazel etc. I've used these for injuries in the past and they worked a treat. Highly recommended.

Arai is offline New Member
    Maybe try using red tiger balm before you lift as well, I've found it really helps loosen me up

Thread Information