AllAlone is offline Junior Member

Question Getting back to where I was...

I was a powerlifter for 15 years, started when I was 12. This last year has been really tough on me, divorce, custody battles, depression...etc. I lost 60 pounds and every bit of muscle and strength. I went from 220 to 160 in 7 months. My body is geared for powerlifting but I want to ease up on the heavy training and get into more of a bodybuildiing program and try to get back up to 220 or so...or higher if possible. I'm not looking to spend tons of money on steriods and I'm not looking to do them for a long period of time but I would like something for a kick start, D-BOL maybe. I'm not here to get yelled at or blasted, just looking for some support. Any advise would be appreciated, thanks.

u posted in the picture forum

Awesome...And you can't delete these things...I'll just sit here and look like a dumbass...HA!!

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    moved to Q+A, you will get more responses here

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    moved to Q+A, you will get more responses here
    Thank you...gottta watch what I'm doin'.

sean_holland is offline Associate Member
    First get the day to day training and diet back on track. You should have a good amount of muscle memory to build off, and should be able to throw on 10+lbs of muscle in a matter of a month or 2. Don't put the cart before the horse, if things have been going that poorly that your body has all but fallen apart you don't wanna dive right back in. Take your time, get your feet under you, get the confidence back up, and before you know it you'll be ready for the pin.

Just my opinion....feel better!

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sean_holland View Post
    First get the day to day training and diet back on track. You should have a good amount of muscle memory to build off, and should be able to throw on 10+lbs of muscle in a matter of a month or 2. Don't put the cart before the horse, if things have been going that poorly that your body has all but fallen apart you don't wanna dive right back in. Take your time, get your feet under you, get the confidence back up, and before you know it you'll be ready for the pin.

Agreed^^^^

It's the stress and diet that takes place.

Went through the same thing 10 years back.

You'll be fine, just start it back up.

I'm still working 6 to 7 days a week from mine.

Time is a hard commodity to find sometimes.

Best

T

Thanks guys...I am getting a little ahead of myself...My whole world has been turned up side down and all I can do to get my mind off of things is lift....It's just amazing how much weight and strength I have lost. Thanks a lot!!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAlone View Post
    Thanks guys...I am getting a little ahead of myself...My whole world has been turned up side down and all I can do to get my mind off of things is lift....It's just amazing how much weight and strength I have lost. Thanks a lot!!
    It's all part of life and you can let it drag you down or you can man up and get past it.

I had my wife die, dad die and nephew die within 6 months. Several years later I had my 2nd wife die but after our divorce. I got dumped via LONG distance relationship (more or less) and it was one of those from feeling on top of the world to sinking to the depths of the sea feeling but I knew I had to continue.

You just do what you have to do. Dont worry now about the time loss or strength loss. Get back to it and watch how much how fast it all comes back.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by sean_holland View Post

Great advice, good to see it from a new member

AllAlone any chance of your current stats?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    It's all part of life and you can let it drag you down or you can man up and get past it.

I had my wife die, dad die and nephew die within 6 months. Several years later I had my 2nd wife die but after our divorce. I got dumped via LONG distance relationship (more or less) and it was one of those from feeling on top of the world to sinking to the depths of the sea feeling but I knew I had to continue.

You just do what you have to do. Dont worry now about the time loss or strength loss. Get back to it and watch how much how fast it all comes back.
    I feel ya man...any kids? I have a son and a daughter...don't get to see them much but they are the only reason I get up in the morning. As for stats, I'm 6'-0" about 165+/-...I have no idea what my BF is...I see ribs I haven't seen since 7th grade so probably pretty low And I trained (powerlifting) for 15 years solid before my downfall.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAlone View Post
    I feel ya man...any kids? I have a son and a daughter...don't get to see them much but they are the only reason I get up in the morning. As for stats, I'm 6'-0" about 165+/-...I have no idea what my BF is...I see ribs I haven't seen since 7th grade so probably pretty low And I trained (powerlifting) for 15 years solid before my downfall.
    Yes I have a daughter. Her mother died when she was 2.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yes I have a daughter. Her mother died when she was 2.
    Well as long as you're around she'll be fine...My brother and I grew up the same way. My brother was 2 and I was only 3 months old when our mom died. I didn't mean for this to turn into a men's support group kinda thing...But we all have hardships and we need people to talk to so we can fight through them.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Agreed, everybody needs to talk about their hardships, you will find that this board is very closely knit (shame we do get the odd....)

Thread Information