IronChefOne is offline New Member

Exclamation Serious Diet, I think its a keeper!!

STATS
    HEIGHT: 5'11"
    WEIGHT: 187
    BF%: 11
    GOAL: DROP TO ~9% BF

Consists of 8-Meals/ Day. I am a college student so my schedule is varied everyday but my diet is as follows everyday:

MEAL ONE:
    4 egg whites
    1 serving of rolled oats
    1 cup of skim milk
    1 cup of black coffee. no sugar

MEAL TWO:
    Mixed Protein Shake (~42 grams)

MEAL THREE:
    Boneless skinless chicken breast (~4 oz)
    Small sweet potato
    Salad w/ no carb dressing and low fat (mono and poly unsaturated fats)

MEAL FOUR:
    Fish source (~4 oz.)
    Small portion green beans

ONE HOUR LATER...GYM (during which I consume a low sugar sports drink, to keep the blood glucose levels at a norm)

MEAL FIVE POST WORKOUT:
    Whey protein shake (~42 grams)

MEAL SIX:
    Beef (93/7 hamburger or london broil)
    Salad w/ low-fat dressing and no carbs
    Carrots as a filler (they give neg. calories right?)

MEAL SEVEN:
    casein protein shake

MEAL EIGHT: BEFORE BED
    97% fat free lean turkey breast

THINGS TO NOTE:
    *I add green, red, and yellow bell peppers and onions to my egg whites to ensure I am getting a wide variety/color of vegetables

*I alternate my fish sources (tilapia, tuna, salmon, etc)

*I alternate my beef as seen above (london broil, lean hamburger meat, etc.)

*I consume carrots and broccoli throughout the day b/c they use more energy to digest/transport/excrete than they provide in the body...correct?

*I try to consume my carbs around my active first part of the day and then when I know I will be somewhat inactive at night, I almost completely eliminate carbs and just use the fat from my salad dressing and integral fat from meat sources as my energy source. NO EXTRA FAT EXCEPT FROM SALAD DRESSING AND FAT IN MEAT/FISH/POULTRY SOURCES...

*LAST<<< should I consume a simple carb post exercise to regulate my blood/glucose levels. then after that cut carbs for the rest of the day if I know im going to be inactive/laying around studying.

**************THIS IS A DIET I STARTED TWO DAYS AGO, SO I WANT INSIGHT ON YOUR THOUGHTS AND IF YOU THINK IT IS WELL BALANCED AS FAR AS MICRONUTRIENTS GO******************

THANKS! GYM HARD

jay112 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronChefOne View Post
    STATS
    HEIGHT: 5'11"
    WEIGHT: 187
    BF%: 11
    GOAL: DROP TO ~9% BF

Consists of 8-Meals/ Day. I am a college student so my schedule is varied everyday but my diet is as follows everyday:

MEAL ONE:
    4 egg whites
    1 serving of rolled oats
    1 cup of skim milk
    1 cup of black coffee. no sugar

MEAL TWO:
    Mixed Protein Shake (~42 grams)

MEAL THREE:
    Boneless skinless chicken breast (~4 oz)
    Small sweet potato
    Salad w/ no carb dressing and low fat (mono and poly unsaturated fats)

MEAL FOUR:
    Fish source (~4 oz.)
    Small portion green beans

ONE HOUR LATER...GYM (during which I consume a low sugar sports drink, to keep the blood glucose levels at a norm)

MEAL FIVE POST WORKOUT:
    Whey protein shake (~42 grams)

MEAL SIX:
    Beef (93/7 hamburger or london broil)
    Salad w/ low-fat dressing and no carbs
    Carrots as a filler (they give neg. calories right?)

MEAL SEVEN:
    casein protein shake

MEAL EIGHT: BEFORE BED
    97% fat free lean turkey breast

THINGS TO NOTE:
    *I add green, red, and yellow bell peppers and onions to my egg whites to ensure I am getting a wide variety/color of vegetables

*I alternate my fish sources (tilapia, tuna, salmon, etc)

*I alternate my beef as seen above (london broil, lean hamburger meat, etc.)

*I consume carrots and broccoli throughout the day b/c they use more energy to digest/transport/excrete than they provide in the body...correct?

*I try to consume my carbs around my active first part of the day and then when I know I will be somewhat inactive at night, I almost completely eliminate carbs and just use the fat from my salad dressing and integral fat from meat sources as my energy source. NO EXTRA FAT EXCEPT FROM SALAD DRESSING AND FAT IN MEAT/FISH/POULTRY SOURCES...

*LAST<<< should I consume a simple carb post exercise to regulate my blood/glucose levels. then after that cut carbs for the rest of the day if I know im going to be inactive/laying around studying.

**************THIS IS A DIET I STARTED TWO DAYS AGO, SO I WANT INSIGHT ON YOUR THOUGHTS AND IF YOU THINK IT IS WELL BALANCED AS FAR AS MICRONUTRIENTS GO******************

THANKS! GYM HARD
    Nice diet but i would do some swapping round.

MEAL 3 an hour before gym (has the carbs to help you through your workout)

Swap the last two meals 7 & 8 also so just before bed you taking in a casein shake, have the turkey few hours before.

Yes add fast acting sugars with post workout (dextrose, carb powder) this wont just sit on you as this helps in replenshing lost glucose.

Thats my opinion im sure others may add to this.

Morgoth is offline Associate Member
    Your diet plan is too low on carbs. I know your goal is to cut down, but you should have a higher amount of carbs to ensure you don't loose muscle while cutting down.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    I personally would add some complex carbs up through your workout (tapering down in amount from higher in the morn to lowest post workout) then switch to fibrous carbs for the rest of your meals (taper down with those as well). I like to substitute a small amount of extra virgin olive oil in place of any salad dressing.

This should really be in the diet section too.

IronChefOne is offline New Member
    Thanks guys

Thread Information