matt77 is offline Member

Pin or throwing DART??

This has probably been brought up before but why are we so careful to slide the pin in slow and gentle? All healthcare people give injections like their playing a game of darts. So from a medical standpoint why are they trained that way? I have tried to do dart injections but can't just shove a pin in like I am trying to spear a fish. Im still going to do everything slow personally but just wanted to know why they do it that way.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I couldn't imagine "darting" a needle into myself, makes sense that most

medical professionals are trained to dart it, since they are not self-injecting.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    They are usually in a rush, I would think it is not the ideal way to do it

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    I always dart.

You don't feel the needle go in if you dart because of the sudden insertion. That is why medical professionals dart too, less discomfort.

JScondition is offline Member
    Medical professionals are not always as careful as you think they would. There are a bunch of them who honestly don't give a rats ass what they are doing and just want to get the job over with.

MuscleCommand is offline Junior Member
    It is easier to go in slowly but there are times wherethe pin just doesn't want to go in so you can dart then to get it done

kenny1022 is offline Associate Member
    I rest the needle on top of my skin and apply pressure until it slowly goes in - virtually painless and less of a risk of the syringe breaking I would think.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Going slow gives a false sense of safety..... it's no less dangerous than darting.

When I say darting..... I dont mean slamming the thing down to the syringe. I puncture the skin fast...... about half the length of the pin. It's painless almost every time.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Rose View Post
    I always dart.

You don't feel the needle go in if you dart because of the sudden insertion. That is why medical professionals dart too, less discomfort.
    jez, dont know about that, slow is painless

LOL theres a reason why the medical field does it this way...... It's not a big conspiracy to hurt every patient in the world.

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    ive neva had an IM inject from the doc, just IV. darting just seems alittle outa control for my likings

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    i sit the pin atop the injection spot and plunge but don't dart...

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    I still go slow and I don't think I would really change how I do it. Just in my comfort zone I guess.

asto_86 is offline New Member
    I plunge it in. hold it like a a dart loosely about 2 inches from injection site, take deep breath, then plunge while breathing out. Painless and controlled.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Wow, I guess Im more of a pussE than I thought. I usually rest it on the skin and then tap the finger plates till it goes in.

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    I guess to each is own I can't dart I gotta push the pin in slowly I guess its just a nerves thing for me but yet I love to pin go figure

Rando911 is offline Associate Member
    I have my girl dart it every time. Quick and almost painless.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I can pin all day but for some reason this thread grosses me out

I like to go nice and slow it helps me remember to go down my checklist and do everything correctly

Quote Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    I plunge it in. hold it like a a dart loosely about 2 inches from injection site, take deep breath, then plunge while breathing out. Painless and controlled.
    This is how I doit..... except I hold it about an inch away.

Try doing this to an orange..... it's not as "wild" as you think it may be. It's actually very controlled and easy to do.

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

- Knockout_Power

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
    This has probably been brought up before but why are we so careful to slide the pin in slow and gentle? All healthcare people give injections like their playing a game of darts. So from a medical standpoint why are they trained that way? I have tried to do dart injections but can't just shove a pin in like I am trying to spear a fish. Im still going to do everything slow personally but just wanted to know why they do it that way.
    They are taught to do a speedy,,quick injection.
    When it comes down to us,,as athletes,,its personal
    preference really. I do mine slowly typically especially
    with glutes since its hard to reach. With DELTS/BICEPS I
    often use the 'dart' approach.

matt77 is offline Member
    Well I guess that explains some of it. If I get the nuts to do it I might try it.

Someguy123 is offline Member
    no sense in changing what works for you.

the one thing i hate, is when nurses get all high and mighty, by saying that theyre trained to give needles. gimme a break!! they think they are more qualified than me, because they stuck a needle into an orange a few times in med school. once you pin yourself repeatedly, you learn what causes discomfort to someone, and what doesnt. and medical people generally have no clue about needle placement or anything. they just stick it where ever. ive never had an injection from a medical person, that didnt irritate the injection site for almost a week. yet i can pin myself nice and slow, and not even notice it 2 minutes later.

anabolix112 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
    Wouldn't dart but would do it fast and steady as possible. Some places are hard to reach and eventually your hand will shake a bit to every direction and you can imagine having pretty sharp object inside your muscle tissue passing some veins and i personally wouldn't shake it inside more than necessary. Darting can also cause some unwanted effects, hitting through scar tissue, breaking something you don't want to or in some locations missing your personal best spot. Well on glute shots for example the passage way should be also closed after taking the needle out (which some paranoid person pulls back first to halfway and then out) by pushing the muscle for example left and then right near the injections site -> no leakage.

So in nutshell when doing it yourself and actually having the possibility to feel how its going i wouldn't dart most muscle groups but some can be done pretty swiftly and avoiding shaky and slow injection which you can propably notice from bleeding afterwards or internal scar tissue which sure gives nice cracking sounds and makes you think you forgot to switch the pulling tool.

Try looking away, being somewhat frustrated and angrily dart where you think the spot was the last time you saw it. You might get memorable experience out of that. Sorry out of concept and inapprociate.

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    I am gong to try a hammer, just put it against the skin like a nail, and hit with a hammer.

anabolix112 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    They are taught to do a speedy,,quick injection.
    When it comes down to us,,as athletes,,its personal
    preference really. I do mine slowly typically especially
    with glutes since its hard to reach. With DELTS/BICEPS I
    often use the 'dart' approach.
    There was some point there, as athlete, doing that job yourself, for yourself, repeatedly, you want to get the best result out of it and repetition of lousy procedure to your own property isn't very wise. You don't get injected by them at daily basis, the time between injections gotten from healthcare persons might be years and its not even that bad if it doesn't go that perfectly. In army they give 4 darting shots at same time, lie down on your stomach and 4 persons will dart your at once, and in worst case scenario after that you will get measured for blood pressure among all others, bad shots, pain (which also comes sometimes from the substance they inject) and some color for your arm. Going that through once is ok. No harm done but if you can do it the way you have personally best suited for you and being the most gentle and effective, you learn and get to known your personal preferences which cannot be that straight forward than once in a year and to another person shot.

Plus sometimes with some medications you may try different approaches to injecting using air pocket or something else. Its bit different case in the line of healthcare some of you do

Ok mostly repeating the last persons comment but

Thread Information