dsldsl1980 is offline Associate Member

Problems pinning quads

Seems like I keep hitting a nerve or vein. On insert I get a sharp pain and when I'm pulling it out I get blood every time. Am I doing something wrong?

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    depends on how far in you go before you pull out. if its less than 1/2 inch chances are your not hitting a vein unless you are pretty shreded. like paper cuts that bleed, but your not hitting veins.

I used to hit a nerve everytime itried to pin quads untill i moved the pin spot up twards the top half of my legs. havent hit one since.

Moto

JScondition is offline Member
    Are you pinning in the right spot? You could be too high on the thigh.

bigboomer is offline Associate Member
    Try changing where you pinning on the quad...it's a huge area I can pinn all over my quads, but usually middle of the quad works well..The outter quads I have hit a nerve a few times..

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    I notice my quads are kind of sensitive, but I think its just their nature. When it first penetrates, it feels fine, once I start going in it "feels" like I am hitting a nerve or something, but I just push past the pain, and once it get past that sore spot, it feels fine, no problems. I start to inject and it feels fine, then i pull out. There is usually blood when i pull out, but I think its because I just stabbed myself in the quad. I mean, anytime someone gets a scrape anywhere, or gets pricked by a needle anywhere, it seems to bleed. So when i see blood, I assume its normal. I bleed every time.

JScondition is offline Member
    I've got a friend who's quads contract like they're having a seizure when he pins them. Mine, on the other hand, are the easiest spot for me to inject. Everyone will be different. If quads don't work for you just find another injection site and see if you can fit it in (lat, bicep, calf, etc.)

ArmedHammerd is offline Associate Member
    I usally hit the upperhalf of my quads i still get a lil pip from time to time but it works alot better than down low lol

SAMS_DAD is offline Junior Member
    quads are all I do since i can't reach my delts or glutes. Just insert the pin slowly, if you feel a pinch while going in, take out the pin and move it over a cm, then inject slowly. My first quad inj of test prop hurt for about a week and a half, but after the 2nd pin it never gets sore and it goes in smoothly.

Thread Information