setian is offline Associate Member

Reverse kick starting a cycle for a powerlifter

I see a lot of people kick start off cycles with dbol , tbol, etc to their basic test 10-12 week cycle. Seems like this is mostly for BB'ers. But what about a powerlifter? Wouldn't they want to do the opposite? Do a 12 week cycle of test but add some tbol, hdrol, or whatever for a 4-6 week cycle at the end. That way they would be on max testosterone and the full effect of the other strength building steroid at the time of the competition.

Let me know what you all think.

Vullfromsc is offline Associate Member
    what you just said there makes perfect sense to me, i have thought about that exact same thing myself a few times.

the only trouble would be coming off all of it at once

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I wouldn't. I'd think it would make recovery from the cycle that much more difficult. If I haven't achieved my maxes that I was looking for during the cycle, I don't solve the problem by adding more steroids at the end of the cycle.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Yes, that is what alot of PL do. You obviously want to be rampaging at the comp not 6wks before :/

If you are worried about coming off all at once (I wouldnt be) just taper off for a few wks.

setian is offline Associate Member
    I have a low test level anyways. I am probably going on TRT very soon. So not sure what it could mess up too much. I would still do the typical PCT and such.

Thread Information