gregghowie is offline Junior Member

Question Equipoise for first cycle??

Hi guys

I am looking at running my first cycle. I must stress that I am looking for quality, lean muscle rather than sheer muscle mass. I understand that being my first cycle I stand to gain the greatest results and so want to get this right. I would like advice as to whether it is viable to run say ten to twelve weeks of straight equipoise and gain quality muscle?? Many refer to Equipoise as a good sustitute for Deca -Durabolin , is this actually the case or would I be better off running something else completely different? I know many would reccomend running straight test for their first cycle but then again I am not looking to get as big as possible, but rather to gain quiality of muscle and am slightly concerned about the side affects with test.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Height: 6 foot
    Weight: 195
    Training: 3 years

Family Guy is offline Banned
    U planing to use eq alone ??

i wouldnt run eq alone. I would use some test with it. As far as whether eq is good at all, U will get people who love it and hate it on here so it's up to u to figure out if u like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolic1979;****866
    i wouldnt run eq alone. I would use some test with it. As far as whether eq is good at all, U will get people who love it and hate it on here so it's up to u to figure out if u like it or not.
    I agree with u. I use it now. but feel nothing from it. Use it alone is waist of cash. No one do deca or eq alone. U need some test in there.

mtb1981 is offline New Member
    What's the minimum amount of test you'd run?

First time user i would say 250mg a week. U not need to use 500mg and up. If its ur first cycle. Then do 250mg a week. And see how u react to it.. My first cycle was 250mg test e and 400mg deca . I gained 15killos in 6 weeks.

matt77 is offline Member
    Please read up on AAS. Never run anything without a Test base, never. EQ is crap anyways, it would really suck alone. First cycle should be long ester Test only for 12 weeks. Look at the stickies at the top of this forum its all laid out for you to learn.

Question Thanks man

Holy shit 15 kilograms thats not bad at all! Nice. Obviously you speak from experience and so pls could you help me out again. If I was looking for a real lean, look would you still suggest the test and deca or is there anything else I should look at. I am assuming there would be a loat of bloat and water retention invovled in that stack? At present I am struggling for sources so would prefere to run a single drug alone but do not want to bulk out massively. I know this is a difficlut question cus you are probably saying to yourself well mate do you want to gain muscle or not! But I would prefer a lean hard look if possible.
    1)If you were to pick a single gear would it be test e or p?
    2)So would test and eq be an option for a real hard lean look?
    3)or test/winstrol be an opption?

Once again you advice is greatly appreciated I have been looking at doing this for quite a while now, and at the moment I have reached an information overload as to what to do.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gregghowie View Post
    Holy shit 15 kilograms thats not bad at all! Nice. Obviously you speak from experience and so pls could you help me out again. If I was looking for a real lean, look would you still suggest the test and deca or is there anything else I should look at. I am assuming there would be a loat of bloat and water retention invovled in that stack? At present I am struggling for sources so would prefere to run a single drug alone but do not want to bulk out massively. I know this is a difficlut question cus you are probably saying to yourself well mate do you want to gain muscle or not! But I would prefer a lean hard look if possible.

Once again you advice is greatly appreciated I have been looking at doing this for quite a while now, and at the moment I have reached an information overload as to what to do.
    All these questions your asking can be found in the educational threads at the top of this forum, we are not here to spoon feed people...

Your still to young imo...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

spicyer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy;****870
    First time user i would say 250mg a week. U not need to use 500mg and up. If its ur first cycle. Then do 250mg a week. And see how u react to it.. My first cycle was 250mg test e and 400mg deca. I gained 15killos in 6 weeks.
    Awesome, 33 lbs in 6 weeks, how much did you keep? What was your beginning weight and bf?

playamade is offline Junior Member
    hit it with some test e at about 500 mg a week for 12 weeks.
    hit it with an ai like aromasin or arimidex .
    hit it after with a nolva clomid pct.

just my opinion.

if you want to look lean do a cutting cycle with clen and t4 after the test.
    or you can add winstrol the last six weeks.

correct me if im wrong just wanted to help the guy out.

AndriodLee is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregghowie View Post

Honestly man... Just take the time to read the threads on here by using the search button. You'll learn so much more that way.

RED26 is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't run test at all...
    If you want a LEAN, HARD look... Then testosterone is NOT the way to go.

Fist cycle, 25mg of mesterolone ED with 300-400mg of EQ.
    That's my point of view.

EQ is crap anyways
    matt77, Why did you say that?

matt77 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RED26 View Post
    I wouldn't run test at all...
    If you want a LEAN, HARD look... Then testosterone is NOT the way to go.

Fist cycle, 25mg of mesterolone ED with 300-400mg of EQ.
    That's my point of view.

matt77, Why did you say that?
    Well first off what you just said is dangerous advice and wrong. Bloat from test is usually caused by improper/lack use of supports with a cycle and/or you diet sucks. But giving cycle advice that doesn't include a test base is just asking for damage to your endocrine system that you may never recover from. I can promise you no Vet on this board will agree with a oral/EQ only cycle.

Well EQ works for about 5% of the people who take it but other than that all it does is make you starve all the time and make your red blood cell count go through the roof. There are many many other compounds that give far better results than EQ.

Also if you want an opinion of EQ from someone with decades of AAS knowledge just give BIG or Marcus a PM and ask about there experience with EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by spicyer View Post
    Awesome, 33 lbs in 6 weeks, how much did you keep? What was your beginning weight and bf?
    This was 10 yeasr a go guys. I ended up loosing 7. So i had 8kgs left. I did no pct i did not know what that was back then...

TheRepartitioner is offline Junior Member
    nice avatar family guy

rbg
    rbg is offline Junior Member
    I agree with Matt.

Never take EQ alone unless you want to be captain limpdick......well that's what I've heard..uhum..

Primobolan , or Winstrol , for lean gains. Primo is mild though, but it won't aromatise into Estrogen. But it's expensive. The thing is you shouldn't be stacking on a first cycle. You're over doing it if you do, and you'll feel like crap off cycle.

Don't start on a high dose, especially if you never cycled before, any gear will be a boost. Stick with the best which is Test...preferably a good Test Cyp, 200mg once a week.

10 x weeks max...keep nolvadex on hand in case of gyno symptoms.
    3 x weeks off cycle. Take clomid/HCG ..look up the doses for these to suit you.

If you ever add any oral remember orals max 6 weeks on 3 weeks off. Orals are toxic.

But before you do any of this.....please, please nerd up on something called ASIH....anabolic steroid induced hypogonadism

Personally, you should go and get your blood work done before you start so you know what levels you began with. Then, after PCT, you'll know if somethings off, and can get it checked again.

Taking AAS is a life changing decision and for many a life long one. There is a possibility of hypogonadism resulting in TRT down the line.....make sure you know the risks first before you jump in.

Too many people swot up on how to take gear, and what to take with no consideration of the effects on their HPTA, especially if they ever stop.

Read the stickys.....know how to do an injection, where, the effects of gyno, estrogen, and estradiol, etc etc.

you'll likely get a mild headache taking test for a few days...this should go. If not, get checked for Blood pressure, etc.

Androgen steroids will switch off your nuts from making endegenous testosterone ....PCT is just as important as the gear itself.

Good luck
    Last edited by rbg; 07-05-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rbg View Post
    I agree with Matt.

Never take EQ alone unless you want to be captain limpdick......well that's what I've heard..uhum..

Primobolan , or Winstrol , for lean gains. Primo is mild though, but it won't aromatise into Estrogen. But it's expensive. The thing is you shouldn't be stacking on a first cycle. You're over doing it if you do, and you'll feel like crap off cycle.

Don't start on a high dose, especially if you never cycled before, any gear will be a boost. Stick with the best which is Test...preferably a good Test Cyp, 200mg once a week. Or a Test Prop 250mg once a week.

If you ever add any oral remember orals max 6 weeks on 3 weeks off. Orals are toxic.

But before you do any of this.....please, please nerd up on something called ASIH....anabolic steroid induced hypogonadism

Personally, you should go and get your blood work done before you start so you know what levels you began with. Then, after PCT, you'll know if somethings off, and can get it checked again.

Taking AAS is a life changing decision and for many a life long one. There is a possibility of hypogonadism resulting in TRT down the line.....make sure you know the risks first before you jump in.

Too many people swot up on how to take gear, and what to take with no consideration of the effects on their HPTA, especially if they ever stop.

Read the stickys.....know how to do an injection, where, the effects of gyno, estrogen, and estradiol, etc etc.

you'll likely get a mild headache taking test for a few days...this should go. If not, get checked for Blood pressure, etc.

Androgen steroids will switch off your nuts from making endegenous testosterone ....PCT is just as important as the gear itself.

Good luck
    Thankyou very much for the input it was greatly appreciated. I have looked at doing this for a number of months now and I thank you for your response. I have read a number of books on AAS and medical journals and this is where there has been some confusion as I read one thing such as taking straight equi and then experienced members wright back telling me to go research and find out what I am doing. The problem I have found with this forums is that sometimes NOT ALWAYS. But sometimes people are to quick to pass judgment and tell inexperinced members to sod off and go find out what they are doing. I can understand that the same old questions must appear over and over but this why these forums exist.
    I really appreciate your response thank you

RED26 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
    Well first off what you just said is dangerous advice and wrong. Bloat from test is usually caused by improper/lack use of supports with a cycle and/or you diet sucks. But giving cycle advice that doesn't include a test base is just asking for damage to your endocrine system that you may never recover from. I can promise you no Vet on this board will agree with a oral/EQ only cycle.

Well EQ works for about 5% of the people who take it but other than that all it does is make you starve all the time and make your red blood cell count go through the roof. There are many many other compounds that give far better results than EQ.

Also if you want an opinion of EQ from someone with decades of AAS knowledge just give BIG or Marcus a PM and ask about there experience with EQ.
    Proviron is just for the libido issues... And to not get that "limpdick" some are talking about. I'm not trying to replace testosterone with it, I just don't like it, and no, as far as I concerned, no matter how clean your diet is, you WILL get water retention. I've seen it not just with me but also with other people...

We've replaced any "base" of test with proviron and the only things that we've experienced is good results. At least I've controlled everything with blood work and everything hormonal is fine.

Is just my opinion and experience... Whoever who liked it, try it, whoever who don't, well... Don't try it.

As far as the EQ thing, I've already PM big, thanks for the reference.

spicyer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rbg View Post
    I agree with Matt.

Don't start on a high dose, especially if you never cycled before, any gear will be a boost. Stick with the best which is Test...preferably a good Test Cyp, 200mg once a week. Or a Test Prop 250mg once a week.

Good luck
    Do not do prop once per week, EOD at least.

Quote Originally Posted by gregghowie;****858
    Hi guys

I am looking at running my first cycle. I must stress that I am looking for quality, lean muscle rather than sheer muscle mass. I understand that being my first cycle I stand to gain the greatest results and so want to get this right. I would like advice as to whether it is viable to run say ten to twelve weeks of straight equipoise and gain quality muscle?? Many refer to Equipoise as a good sustitute for Deca -Durabolin , is this actually the case or would I be better off running something else completely different? I know many would reccomend running straight test for their first cycle but then again I am not looking to get as big as possible, but rather to gain quiality of muscle and am slightly concerned about the side affects with test.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Height: 6 foot
    Weight: 195
    Training: 3 years
    eq should never be ran alone. You need a test base.

rbg
    rbg is offline Junior Member
    right on, my mistake....a test cyp is best first cycle, weekly.

Thanks.

Thread Information