Mjita is offline New Member

Steroids and Shoulder Issues-Where is the Source from this Article

introduction first, skip to bottom if you dont want to read my motives but only the question.My name is Rayan 22 years old and I have been lifting on and off for a while now. On and off because I got a (semi)injury a while ago.

Went through hell with it mentally because I was doing everything right finally bodybuilding wise and I really got addicted. Then after a set of standing MP disaster struck and my shoulders completely locked out and I couldn't move them and barely had any range of motion. It took me months and months to finally figure out what was exactly wrong with me, and after I had visited 3 PT'S and 2 orthopedic surgeons they all had the same conclusion: You have semi dislocating shoulders(subluxation) and we cant fix this so you will have to learn to live with this(surgery is not a option he said and will only be used in extreme cases where there really is no other option because of pain)

So I set out a course to do allot of work for my RC'S and my shoulders, to hopefully make them strong enough to keep my shoulder joint in place. So far I have been doing a semi decent job with pains every now and then.
    Problem is that in this sport, the gains and strength doesn't come fast...but if you have to be careful and lift weights light(never below 8-10 reps....it seems like they dont come at all...

Now most logical decision would be to just call it a day and say this sport isnt for me, but I refuse and thats why I want to start up a light cycle to see what I can get out of it. Steroids work with strength progress off course but mostly with increased protein synthesis, and they should give you some serious decent gains even with medium heavy weights right Now I am going to do a cycle, I will go through with this no matter what but I am looking for the safest way(for my shoulders to do this. I am sick and tired of hitting the gym month after month, and see little no progress while my trainingbuddy and others in gym are moving forward...it absolutely kills and still is . My plan is to keep working on my RC and shoulders and working with a PT on my form and a pain free range of motion and start my cycle

Week 1-12
    Test E 500(first 2 weeks frontload)
    Equipoise 500

And then PCT nolva

Diet and training:Clean food, rice fish ectera
    3800cals
    250grams protein

Training: Pain free ranges of motions, no benches and no inclines, strictly dumbbells and declines, lots of RC work during the cycle, and not going any heavier then 10% of what I normally do. I have a training buddy who will monitor me during the cycle and keep me on track on strength and form.

Anyways my Q is why the Equipoise? Because I have read that it promotes collagen synthesis and strengthens your shoulder

"While injecting test increases Protein synthesis by roughly 50 times, depending on dose and time, most bodybuilders forget that it will reduce collagen synthesis by more than 50% -- more like 80%, giving you the collagen synthesis rate of a senior citizen. Since collagen makes up tendons, bros are very prone to injury if they continue to lift very heavy, unless they cycle off T and let their collagen synthesis get back to normal. It's like having the skeletal muscle of a gorilla with the tendons of a very old man.

winstrol increases collagen synthesis. It will give you bigger tendons. However, your body compensates for this by making them more brittle, weaker, and more prone to injury. I can't tell you how many bros work out anaerobically and become injured while on winstrol. Guys who lift in the 1-5 rep range while on winstrol, to baseball players who sprint all out from a stationary position -- winstrol should be the LAST drug they choose. Most of them like winstrol because they don't get the weight gain from it but it is very detrimental to bros who train for any sport anaerobically. tendons tear easily on it.

Also, the drugs I mention increase collagen synthesis while also increasing collagen cross-linking integrity, making for a much stronger tendon.winstrol, on the other hand, will dramatically increase collagen syn, but ironically it decreases collagen cross-linking integrity, thus making a much weaker tendon.You can plan a cycle of anabolic steroids which will increase collagen synthesis and skeletal muscle growth at the same time. The key is the drug(s) you choose.

deca, Equipoise, anavar, and primobolan will ALL increase skeletal muscle while at the same time dramatically increase collagen syn and bone mass and density, leaving you with a substantially reduced chance of becoming injured than if you choose to use anabolic steroids like sus, testosterone cypionate, or testosterone enanthate.

Now I have across all of the Internets but couldn't find ONE legit source for these claims, and this little article has been posted on NUMEROUS board throughout the years..

now my question is, would it be wise to put the EQ in there to protect my shoulder a bit during the cycle, or should I replace with deca , which has off course built its reputation to be very good/soft on your shoulders but I am very reluctant to use deca because of its heavy impact on your axis and the insane recovery time

Bump...
    Would appreciate some sound advice..

ScotchGuard is offline Senior Member
    I've read the same article. I also cross referenced this article with similar ones elsewhere. I was unable to find any medical studies with legitimate bibliographies. However, based on who was writing the article and the experience of th people who were endorsing the article I got a pretty good feeling that the article's legit. I too have a bad shoulder and I hurt it on a sustanon cycle just like the article said. I'm currently on 80mg/ed of Anavar + 200mg/wk of Test to balance out my endogenous Test level. It's been 6 weeks and my shoulder feels good. My next cycle will be a Deca /EQ/Test cycle to further help my joints. According to the article, if I'm not mistaken, the dosage of Deca or EQ should be minimal. Say 150mg/wk of Deca and 100mg/wk of EQ. The dosage is primarily to help the collagen rebuild and not to go into anabolic mode. My dosage for the Deca will be 150mg/wk, EQ will be 120mg/wk, and Test will be 180mg/wk. I'm planning to run 12 to 14 weeks. The goal is joint aid not BB. If you're going to run 500mg/wk of EQ you should log your progress. I would be really interested to see how it helps your joints.

n00bs is offline Member
    That's why I take 12-15g vitamin c daily...
    We have a large database of different journals I will see what I can find in regards to articles at college
    Last edited by n00bs; 07-04-2010 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bs View Post
    That's why I take 12-15g vitamin c daily...
    We have a large database of different journals I will see what I can find in regards to articles at college
    Would love to see those articles, if anyone knows someone else feel free to chip in.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard View Post
    I've read the same article. I also cross referenced this article with similar ones elsewhere. I was unable to find any medical studies with legitimate bibliographies. However, based on who was writing the article and the experience of th people who were endorsing the article I got a pretty good feeling that the article's legit. I too have a bad shoulder and I hurt it on a sustanon cycle just like the article said. I'm currently on 80mg/ed of Anavar + 200mg/wk of Test to balance out my endogenous Test level. It's been 6 weeks and my shoulder feels good. My next cycle will be a Deca/EQ/Test cycle to further help my joints. According to the article, if I'm not mistaken, the dosage of Deca or EQ should be minimal. Say 150mg/wk of Deca and 100mg/wk of EQ. The dosage is primarily to help the collagen rebuild and not to go into anabolic mode. My dosage for the Deca will be 150mg/wk, EQ will be 120mg/wk, and Test will be 180mg/wk. I'm planning to run 12 to 14 weeks. The goal is joint aid not BB. If you're going to run 500mg/wk of EQ you should log your progress. I would be really interested to see how it helps your joints.
    Will do, but my goal is not only joint aid but gaining a decent 15 pounds of solid muscle, using the deca or maybe EQ to protect my shoulders as good as I can

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard View Post
    I've read the same article. I also cross referenced this article with similar ones elsewhere. I was unable to find any medical studies with legitimate bibliographies. However, based on who was writing the article and the experience of th people who were endorsing the article I got a pretty good feeling that the article's legit. I too have a bad shoulder and I hurt it on a sustanon cycle just like the article said. I'm currently on 80mg/ed of Anavar + 200mg/wk of Test to balance out my endogenous Test level. It's been 6 weeks and my shoulder feels good. My next cycle will be a Deca/EQ/Test cycle to further help my joints. According to the article, if I'm not mistaken, the dosage of Deca or EQ should be minimal. Say 150mg/wk of Deca and 100mg/wk of EQ. The dosage is primarily to help the collagen rebuild and not to go into anabolic mode. My dosage for the Deca will be 150mg/wk, EQ will be 120mg/wk, and Test will be 180mg/wk. I'm planning to run 12 to 14 weeks. The goal is joint aid not BB. If you're going to run 500mg/wk of EQ you should log your progress. I would be really interested to see how it helps your joints.
    Will do
    Anyone have other advice?
    Cmon someone needs to know something about this

Thread Information