Freedom-Fighter is offline New Member

If you were running a marathon, what cycle would you choose??

If you were running a marathon, what cycle would you all choose??

I am trying to find that magic cycle....or combination.....obviously the way you train for a marathon is through Diet, Nutrition, and Physical Training.....however, if you were had to run a cycle (So please no "i wouldn't" answers)....what would be your cycle of choice?? In other words, your Lance Armstrong, your pre-tour cycle would be what?

Eq/Var/Prop/Growth? Primo? EPO? Any ideas here

Vullfromsc is offline Associate Member
    pick an AAS that would increase red blood cell count (there are very many) it honestly doesn't matter which ester you use either.. if you are running that much (if you are training for a marathon you are most likely doing 80+ miles a week) you will not bloat

EDIT: erythropoietin is not a steroid , but that is what i would recommend over any AAS

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Some T3 before an event with some clenbuterol . It will allow you to suck in more oxygen and accelerate glycogenolysis.

You could use low dose testosterone and anavar to increase muscle glycogen storage and creatine storage, but that would probably be overkill

gh,t3, slin, var, possibly low dose topical bold prop

not my words

Hmmm..thanks for the input!

I am aware that EPO is not a steroid ...i should have clarified that i apologize.

Vullfromsc- do you feel that EPO's benefit will out weigh the risk (Side Effects).

What do you think about running 600 to 800mg of EQ? That should have a fairly strong effect on the RBC Count.

PK-V- the T3 makes since....also will help with protein synthesis....however, i would be worried that Clen will cause you to burn out your stores faster? Wouldn't you want to hold your fat/glycogen longer in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom-Fighter View Post
    Hmmm..thanks for the input!

I am aware that EPO is not a steroid ...i should have clarified that i apologize.

Vullfromsc- do you feel that EPO's benefit will out weigh the risk (Side Effects).

What do you think about running 600 to 800mg of EQ? That should have a fairly strong effect on the RBC Count.

PK-V- the T3 makes since....also will help with protein synthesis....however, i would be worried that Clen will cause you to burn out your stores faster? Wouldn't you want to hold your fat/glycogen longer in this situation?
    erythropoietin can have some pretty harsh side effects (like many AAS do) if used improperly or if the user is predisposed to thick blood / artery trouble

however, i know several division 1 XC runners who use it regularly at the university i go to and they are fine, and their times go down drastically when they are peaking with it (i'm talking like going from a 31:00 min 10k to a 28:30 10k in 1 month) so it is definitely effective as far as that goes

and yes, EQ is a very good drug for increasing vascularity, RBC, and it will still keep you lean. 600mg / week is definitely sufficient

if you wanted to take this route, i would recommend timing the cycle so it hits something like this:

marathon sometime around week (12-14)
    week 1-14 EQ 600mg/week
    week 1-14 TEST P 400mg/week

if you wanted to do the epo, i am only slightly knowledgeable of the dosing
    it would go something like this:
    week 1-2 or 3 : 500iu ed
    week 4-12 : 500 iu e3d
    (it should stay effective in your system for a month or two after you do your last shot)

Vullfromsc...

Thanks for the input bro i really appreciate it!
    "(i'm talking like going from a 31:00 min 10k to a 28:30 10k in 1 month)"
    That is insane!!!!

I am going to take your recommendation on the cycle....that is exactly what i was looking for and what i assumed would be a good route to go so thank you.

I think my cycle should look something like this:

How does this look?

Week 1 to 14:

Test Prop: 100mg eod = ~300 to 400mg per week
    Maybe a little Var- 40 to 50mg Daily
    EQ- 300mg Mon/Thur = 600mg per week
    EPO- Low dosed (not sure exact does yet) - week 1 to 2 ED injections- week 3 to 14 E3D injections

Thanks for the info bro

yeah man that looks good, the var isn't a bad idea either. how many weeks did you think you wanted to run that?

as for the EPO, the dosing was just a rough guess.. but i'm very sure its right around those dosings

just remember some things with EPO:
    1. stay really f**king hydrated, dehydration can lead to thicker blood
    2. make sure you are taking fish oil/flx oil to try to keep your blood moving as much as possible
    3. do not drink excessively and pass you, you could get severely dehydrated and die
    4. if you are african american, native american, middle eastern in origin, or have a very dark complexion, make sure you realize that you genetically have thicker blood and are at a higher risk for the thicker blood issues (if you are a red-head or light blond you are good to go! super thin blood)

Perfect...thanks bro!

On number 3...your talking about Drinking Alch correct? That wont be a problem i don't drink/take drugs of any type...other than my orange juice

And i am white, blond....but 100% Italian....so i don't know if i fall in the thicker blood category. ...that is interesting though...i was not aware that certain genotypes have thicker/thinner blood.

I was thinking for the Var....maybe running it progressive for about 8 to 10 weeks to prevent muscle wasting and help with the functional strength. What do you think?

Also thinking about running HGH....maybe 3.5iu per day, 5 on 2 off.

Any suggestions on either of those?

yeah just don't drink alcohol

you should be fine if you are white with light hair

HGH is a GREAT idea, do you have experience with it? pro cyclists have openly admitted to using it a lot and i'm assuming that every other professional athlete does. the only thing with running A LOT and using hgh is that it can lead to an enlarged heart (this is very bad)

just ramp it up if you haven't used it before, but if you have you know what dose is right for you.

the var would be fine for 8-10 weeks, keep the dose constant and make sure you don't put too much stress on that liver

Sector is offline Associate Member
    Just a heads up as far as the Var. I am no expert but from my personal experience anything above 60mgs ED gave me alot of difficulty doing cardio. Calf pumps were very painful and I would strugle to even incline walk for more then 20 minutes.

Taurine may help, just puting out my experience with it. Good luck.

Thanks guys i really appreciate this feedback...its a bog help!

I do indeed have experience with HGH...i have run about 10months worth of cycle with it. Ya the enlarged heart could definitely slow you down haha....i think about 3.5iu/day should give me enough help without to much cardo risks.

I will definitely avoid all alcohol consumption...i see people on here talk about drinking/popin pills while on a cycle...i could never figure that concept out for some reason....that is one of the sketchiest things you could possible do on a cycle IMO.

Sectro- Good call on the Var/Taurine advice! I will definitely use it!

Vullfromsc- Thanks for all your feedback and advice bro...you helped me out a lot!

mikey_me is offline New Member
    Hi Guys -

Sorry to resurrect this thread... but came across it - and had a similar cycle in mind... to the point where I'm happy to a adopt this one - in the following way (Stats: 35 male, 70Kg, been on and off cycles very conservatively since 24... Predominantly for bodybuilding - but now into my running - and am running a marathon in the next 2 months):
    - Test Prop: 100mg EOD (Week 1-14)
    - Var: 40mg Daily (Week 1-14)
    - EQ: 300mg Mon/Thur (Week 1-14)
    - EPO: 3000 iu (0.3ml) Once a week (1-6 Weeks)
    ... Have HGH, unsure if i should add it.
    Ancillaries: Multi-Vitamin, Vitamin B12, Milk Thistle. Calcium, Aspirin Daily.

My main question - PCT for this - what would you guys suggest?

If you still around Freedom-Fighter: Would love to know how your cycle went... long time ago i know! :-)

Anyways thanks in advance for any responses.

Cheers! :-)

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey_me View Post
    Hi Guys -

Sorry to resurrect this thread... but came across it - and had a similar cycle in mind... to the point where I'm happy to a adopt this one - in the following way (Stats: 35 male, 70Kg, been on and off cycles very conservatively since 24... Predominantly for bodybuilding - but now into my running - and am running a marathon in the next 2 months):
    - Test Prop: 100mg EOD (Week 1-14)
    - Var: 40mg Daily (Week 1-14)
    - EQ: 300mg Mon/Thur (Week 1-14)
    - EPO: 3000 iu (0.3ml) Once a week (1-6 Weeks)
    ... Have HGH, unsure if i should add it.
    Ancillaries: Multi-Vitamin, Vitamin B12, Milk Thistle. Calcium, Aspirin Daily.

My main question - PCT for this - what would you guys suggest?

If you still around Freedom-Fighter: Would love to know how your cycle went... long time ago i know! :-)

Anyways thanks in advance for any responses.

Cheers! :-)
    Too much testosterone , 200mg week sounds better for endurance.

Dont know what the var is for, you want calf pumps while running?

Thanks for the re Mr BB... Appreciate the input!

I could do the test E3D... To be honest - I'd be very happy to do that.

As for the var - well yes - I know i must be weary of the pumps :-) but 40 is a low dose... and have stacked it because it helps with strength and burns fat with both subcutaneous and visceral fat. Have also read various annotations which speaks toward it helping improve bone density.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Steroids dont burn fat, you should not be worried about fat burning if training for marathon anyways. Also dont know why you worry about bone density, unless you are over 65 years, anavar will do nothing for bone density.

Low dose testosterone , slightly above top of range will help you with stamina, recovery and well being. EQ will raise your red cells for VO2max, but you should monitor it, too much and can be detrimental. B12 and iron/folic will also help this, but again you should do bloodwork to mantain hematocrit in the best zone.

If you are doing EPO you dont need EQ, but again bloodwork should be done to control hematocrit, at least thats whats done by pros. Hemogram is a really cheap grrr... bodybuilders have it worse

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    low dose teste and var, but pumps might still be killer.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Using Anavar and then hit the road for 42.195 kilometres (26.21875 miles) sounds pretty insane to me but I have admittedly never tried it either. Good luck with the run as it clearly is a massive undertaking!.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Using Anavar and then hit the road for 42.195 kilometres (26.21875 miles) sounds pretty insane to me but I have admittedly never tried it either. Good luck with the run as it clearly is a massive undertaking!.
    :-) Thanks for the re's guys... I've used var on various occasions pretty succesfully... never really exceed 50 - 75mg/day - mild but effective... and the pumps haven't been too problematic... Running has always been part of my regiment - I've only really had to cut down dramatically when I use Tren . So yeah sticking to even lower var and test.

Starting this week - so let's see how it goes! :-)

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Without going into much detail, firstly avoid any type of trenbolone . It kills cardio capacity. Secondly, look around to what Le Tour athletes have been busted with: EPO, testosterone , insulin , HGH, blood doping...EQ is popular with soccer players and winstrol is popular with track. Besides EPO, anadrol gives an unbelievable boost in RBCs and work capacity, but with the water bulk it puts on probably ill-advised. IMO anavar is a waste of money and makes me tired.

Just a note: make sure you know exactly what you are getting into with EPO. Dehydration can mean death.
    Last edited by powerliftmike; 02-16-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Respect your comments powerliftmike... Thanks!

Definitely staying away from Tren this year. And I really have done substantial research around EPO and enquired with professionals... Going with a really low dose (and I'm happy with that)... But, Will have to keep a really close eye on bloods.

As for EQ - yup, i have a soccer background... dare i say more... :-)

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    EPO is great for endurance. That with training and rest.

I can help you out with the EPO details if you decide I go that route. I've done it for the past 2 years racing endurance sports with great success.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-IronClydes

"Half of any battle you face in life is just showing up every day, despite how you feel"

Thread Information