ftbstrd is offline New Member

Tips needed for a fatass first timer

I'm 29 6'0 275 trying to cut some fat while still building muscle. I've just recently started hitting the weights hard again and have always stayed in pretty descent shape for my size. Anyway I'm fixin to try a cycle of winnie and prop and am just looking for some dosage tips and more or less a little guidance in the right direction.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I'll give you guidance in the right direction:

Get any thought of aas out of your head and visit the diet section.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Let's face facts here, you need a good diet and lots of cardio. Steroids don't burn fat my friend. Please check out our diet section and post up a rough draft of your diet (include macros). Read all the stickies in the diet section as well. Let them help you set up a new diet. Cardio is going to have to be a big part of your life for a while, so learn to love it. Check out our workout section to for helpful training techniques.

Remember, no steroids. Your chances of harm can be greater than chances of success at high BF.

ftbstrd is offline New Member
    I understand where your coming from but I've been through the cardio and stay active. From the time I started working out in High school to playing soccer, football, track all the way through college my body hasnt changed a bit so I'm trying this out. From the folks I've spoken to I was told winnie is the way to go. Now I've got the goods and was just lookin for the propper doses.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by ftbstrd View Post
    I understand where your coming from but I've been through the cardio and stay active. From the time I started working out in High school to playing soccer, football, track all the way through college my body hasnt changed a bit so I'm trying this out. From the folks I've spoken to I was told winnie is the way to go. Now I've got the goods and was just lookin for the propper doses.
    Winnie will not cause the fat to disappear unless your diet is set up to cut. You already state that you just started working ou again so I doubt your cardio has been that great for long enough to do anything. If your body hasn't changed since highschool I would bet you've never had a strict diet and have no idea what your diet should be. You're going to take the Winnie and get a little strength gain and wonder why your body doesn't look any different. Open up that head o yours and realize we don't just type this shit to exercise our fingers.

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    yea stick with diet and cardio for now, then maybe think about thermogenics, then after all that think about a cycle. Too early to start your cycle now.

BiggerByTheDay is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ftbstrd View Post
    learn how to diet properly. you can say "oh i have been dieting spot on for years now and my physique hasn't changed" and when you actually do some research on a real diet plan you'll know why your physique hasn't changed despite the amount of cardio and "active" sports you play. we all are going to advise you to stay away from AAS and you will not listen I am sure. therefore search for dosages yourself. we don't like to spoon feed, especially since your statement (check bold) shows me how you likely don't care about any FACTS other than the opinions you heard from "folks". also, as soon as you stop running an AAS, what weight you did lose will be gained right back because, let me say this again, you don't know how to diet properly. we are here to help you, don't want to come off as rude, but don't rush into something that you are obviously not ready for. good luck with whatever you decide.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    winnie is a complete waste if you are over 10% body fat. it does not burn fat, it adds "hardness" to the muscles that you will never see at even moderately high body fat. the only people who would advise you to take steroids in your condition are the ones wanting to sell them to you and the ones who have no clue what they are talking about.
    what is your body fat%?

Zedik is offline Junior Member
    What is your body fat%?

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    You're crazy dude. All winny is going to do is dry out your tendons and end your lifting career prematurely with the shape you're in. Your best bet if you are so serious about it would be to pick a goal to get on within 6 months after you lose x amount of lbs or hit x target bodyfat. Knowing you are gonna have some stuff at a certain point can be a motivator to stay on track.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    The advice you're getting here bro is good.. listen to it. I can tell its not what you want to hear, but G4R is 100% correct - "Your chances of harm can be greater than chances of success at high BF."

Be smart and patient. it will pay off. Choice is yours.

GL,

IG

To be honest it might help somewhat on cycle, but if you take into consideration the 3 months of recovering your test levels and being in a very unanabolic state during that time. it'll most likely end up back firing in the end. If you really want to lose weight perhaps you should try ephedra or something.

silverback11 is offline New Member
    what are your goals?

AnavarX is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G4R View Post
    Let's face facts here, you need a good diet and lots of cardio. Steroids don't burn fat my friend. Please check out our diet section and post up a rough draft of your diet (include macros). Read all the stickies in the diet section as well. Let them help you set up a new diet. Cardio is going to have to be a big part of your life for a while, so learn to love it. Check out our workout section to for helpful training techniques.

Remember, no steroids. Your chances of harm can be greater than chances of success at high BF.
    I would have to agree with him as well on No Steroids!

You do not need to unnecessarily take steroids right now.
    As cliche' as this sounds: build better eating habits and workout routines.
    I would say....cardio three times a week for at least an hour and (depending on the time frame) weights for 2 or 3 days a week for an hour and a half.

3-4 sets with 15,15,12,12 reps at 65%-70 of your max on each lift
    2 muscle groups a day
    that with a moderately healthy diet will be good
    I helped a friend of mine get from 188 to 149 in a matter of 9 months... he lost 30 in a semester of college and got a lot stronger. We stuck with very high reps to build endurance then we worked with 8 to 6 reps for strength. He is back at 160 so he is good. I usually stay at 170-176 and maintain a bench of 285lbs on max. I can do 4 reps of 275 on a good day though. I leg press around 10 45's on each side and 8 25's on the top bar to 12 45's and 8 25's.

At most creatine. I think that would benefit you the most. I would lay off caffeine until at LEAST the third month of that kind of training. I would have some prohormone advice for you- just shoot me a message for that but it will be a while before that would be possible.

Chev is offline Associate Member
    Its good that you came here before you started, listen to these guys. AAS is not your answer, diet and cardio is. There are so many sides like gyno for one that happens to overweight people. You sound like you have your mind made up like everyone else trying AAS for the first time. You could try do clen to help the weight loss. IMO winni is junk, sell it back stay on here and research and learn as much as you can. good luck

NMacFar is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnavarX View Post
    I would have to agree with him as well on No Steroids !

I would say....cardio three times a week for at least an hour and (depending on the time frame) weights for 2 or 3 days a week for an hour and a half.

2 muscle groups a day
    I helped a friend of mine get from 188 to 149 in a matter of 9 months... he lost 30 in a semester of college and got a lot stronger. We stuck with very high reps to build endurance then we worked with 8 to 6 reps for strength. He is back at 160 so he is good. I usually stay at 170-176 and maintain a bench of 285lbs on max. I can do 4 reps of 275 on a good day though. I leg press around 10 45's on each side and 8 25's on the top bar to 12 45's and 8 25's.
    At most creatine. I think that would benefit you the most. I would lay off caffeine until at LEAST the third month of that kind of training. I would have some prohormone advice for you- just shoot me a message for that but it will be a while before that would be possible.
    I don't see where your bench weight is relevant to this posting... and creatine will only add extra water weight.

ftbstrd, cardio and a strict diet will get you exactly where you need to be. Best of luck to you and I wish you the best!!!

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhero d-bolman View Post
    To be honest it might help somewhat on cycle, but if you take into consideration the 3 months of recovering your test levels and being in a very unanabolic state during that time. it'll most likely end up back firing in the end. If you really want to lose weight perhaps you should try ephedra or something.
    Bad advice. It is pointless to say it will help but at the same time it wont because what he sees is that you are encouraging it first.

Also he does not need ephedra yet because if he doesnt change his diet it wont help either

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnavarX View Post
    I would have to agree with him as well on No Steroids !

2 muscle groups a day

Suspicious

3/4 of your post is irrelevant to the OP anyways. He does not need prohormones either. It is the same as taking AAS in the sense of sides and other possible risks.

OP you say you have tried all different kinds of training but nothing works. Therefore i can guarantee your diet is way off

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Quote Originally Posted by NMacFar View Post
    I don't see where your bench weight is relevant to this posting... and creatine will only add extra water weight.

ftbstrd, cardio and a strict diet will get you exactly where you need to be. Best of luck to you and I wish you the best!!!
    Couldn't agree more... The whole leg press and bench means absolutely nothing. The weight you do means nothing...

Creatine will only retain more water. Hence the reason I never I never even use it..

Its all about diet and cardio. Hit up the diet section and post your diet. Have someone critique it for you.

n00bs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Z View Post
    Couldn't agree more... The whole leg press and bench means absolutely nothing. The weight you do means nothing...

Creatine will only retain more water. Hence the reason I never I never even use it..

Its all about diet and cardio. Hit up the diet section and post your diet. Have someone critique it for you.
    Not neccisarily, stronger you are = more muscle mass.. More muscle mass = Better basic metabolic function at rest... While I agree leg press numbers are irrelivent squat and deadlfit numbers are a good indication. Im sure someone who deadlifts 400kg burns more calories throughout the day sleeping then someone who deadlifts 100kg...

I know plenty of people who loose fat without "aerobic exercise" i.e what people commonly refer to as cardio... Its called what "i put in my mouth"..

Now we all know aerobic exercise is catabolic well all exercise is catabolic but weight treaing creates a stimulis for muscles to growth to cope with demands.. If he doesnt fix his diet and loose weight primarily through increased BMR by increasing his muscle mass then that means he is losing it through a catabolic activity.. And with weight loss i.e fat there will always be some muscle to sacrafice with it. Thus OP needs to maintain as high a muscle mass as he can (if it was reallly high he wouldnt be overwieght to start with) .

It is all Diet... from here out...

Then if you think your diet is perfect re assess again...

Then if nothing works get a thyroid and hormone profile..

If that doesnt work more squats more deadlfits..

There is nothing worse then being "skinny fat" due to aerobic exercise and not increaseing lean muscle mass...

1kg of fat is about 9000calories of stored energy. If he is eating say 2-300 calories above maintenance daily he will have a surplus of calories not alot but still surplus for gains. Now eventually muscle mass will be built and this once surplus will now be his maintenance... (You see where im going with this).. The maintenance will then become a calorie deficit and he is eating the same thing. So all that has changed is the size of his engine... Supercharged big blocks burns more fuel then the 4 cyl put put..

Fat loss for life(im not tlaking about bodybuilding figures) comes from not aerobic exercise but having such a high BMR from lean muscle mass that you cant put on weight without conciously trying...

If he really wants to get into it, HIT would be far more benefitial at increasing his metabolic function then something like a treadmil...

NMacFar is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bs View Post
    Not neccisarily, stronger you are = more muscle mass.. More muscle mass = Better basic metabolic function at rest... While I agree leg press numbers are irrelivent squat and deadlfit numbers are a good indication. Im sure someone who deadlifts 400kg burns more calories throughout the day sleeping then someone who deadlifts 100kg...

I know plenty of people who loose fat without "aerobic exercise" i.e what people commonly refer to as cardio... Its called what "i put in my mouth"..

Now we all know aerobic exercise is catabolic well all exercise is catabolic but weight treaing creates a stimulis for muscles to growth to cope with demands.. If he doesnt fix his diet and loose weight primarily through increased BMR by increasing his muscle mass then that means he is losing it through a catabolic activity.. And with weight loss i.e fat there will always be some muscle to sacrafice with it. Thus OP needs to maintain as high a muscle mass as he can (if it was reallly high he wouldnt be overwieght to start with) .

It is all Diet... from here out...

Then if you think your diet is perfect re assess again...

Then if nothing works get a thyroid and hormone profile..

If that doesnt work more squats more deadlfits..

There is nothing worse then being "skinny fat" due to aerobic exercise and not increaseing lean muscle mass...

1kg of fat is about 9000calories of stored energy. If he is eating say 2-300 calories above maintenance daily he will have a surplus of calories not alot but still surplus for gains. Now eventually muscle mass will be built and this once surplus will now be his maintenance... (You see where im going with this).. The maintenance will then become a calorie deficit and he is eating the same thing. So all that has changed is the size of his engine... Supercharged big blocks burns more fuel then the 4 cyl put put..

Fat loss for life(im not tlaking about bodybuilding figures) comes from not aerobic exercise but having such a high BMR from lean muscle mass that you cant put on weight without conciously trying...

If he really wants to get into it, HIT would be far more benefitial at increasing his metabolic function then something like a treadmil...

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Suspicious

3/4 of your post is irrelevant to the OP anyways. He does not need prohormones either. It is the same as taking AAS in the sense of sides and other possible risks.

OP you say you have tried all different kinds of training but nothing works. Therefore i can guarantee your diet is way off
    Agreed. If he says his diet is fine, I'm thinking he may be in denial. Seen it before. Cheating is justified as an 'exception'. Might want to think about checking the thyroid. If the "thermostat" is too low, could explain some of his difficulty. But the basic physics of physiology still holds! Diet + Exercise + Time = Results.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Hey OP, if you are still around, this is what YOU need to remember from this whole thread.....

DIET AND CARDIO = YES
    STEROIDS = NO

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by G4R View Post
    Hey OP, if you are still around, this is what YOU need to remember from this whole thread.....

DIET AND CARDIO = YES
    STEROIDS = NO
    excellent summary

Thread Information