Thread: T3 and Bulking

Sector is offline Associate Member

T3 and Bulking

Ive researched this website without much success but have found a few personal experiences and articles on other websites that support a small dose of t3 ( 12.5 or 25 ED ) during bulking cycles.

The basics of what I have read imply that this dose will help protein synthesis and prevent excesive fat gains during bulking. Allowing higher caloric surpluses and giving you more out of the food you eat.

I guess I would just like opinions on this, personal experiences and to maybe here from a few of the vets and such.

Will a small dose of T3 result in better gains overall?

Will a small dose of T3 help control body fat while in a caloric surplus? ( Obviously diet is one of the larger determining factors of this ).

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    im not sure because i havnt used it so i cant comment from personal experiance, but have a read of this link it may help Anabolic Review Profile: Cytomel (T3 - Liothyrine Sodium)

flexandex is offline Associate Member
    I'd love to hear about this aswell.

edit: great link btw.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You do not need T3 to control bodyfat while bulking. IMO it will just inhibit gains and is a waste. The best way to control bodyfat is diet

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I don't like the idea of trying to control body fat with T3 while bulking,

but I've used T3 at 40mcg/ED with good success in "bulking" cycles.

not so much to control fat, but as you said, to aid in protein synthesis.

At that dose it won't inhibit gains, and will actually be beneficial, at least in my experience.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    i just ran 50mcg ed during a calorie surplus and heavy lifting while taking 75mg tbol ed. weight stayed the same but lost 2 inches in waist. arm measurments stayed the same.

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post

At that dose it won't inhibit gains, and will actually be beneficial, at least in my experience.

I agree, my thoughts were geared more towards to aid in protein synthesis and nutrient breakdown. The added effect of keeping the BF off is nice but as you said with a proper diet this shouldnt be an issue. Thank you for posting your experience.

TheRepartitioner is offline Junior Member
    bump

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRepartitioner View Post
    bump
    Why?

TheRepartitioner is offline Junior Member
    I'm about to get some T3 because I am running tren . I'm also bulking, so I am curious to know any other member's opinions on this.

Im curious D7M, did you add aditional calories to your diet to offset the weight loss effect of the t3? Something like 300-500 more calories for 40mcg.

nathaniel76 is offline New Member

How long of a cycle would u use on t3 and has anyone used synthroid with t3 together, wanting to start a cycle of this myself on top of the 400mg of cyp weekly.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sector View Post
    Im curious D7M, did you add aditional calories to your diet to offset the weight loss effect of the t3? Something like 300-500 more calories for 40mcg.
    I was in a caloric excess anyway, not so much to offset any weight loss from the T3, but because I was trying to gain anyway.

In my experience, I really didn't loose any significant weight using that dose of T3 on cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by nathaniel76 View Post
    How long of a cycle would u use on t3 and has anyone used synthroid with t3 together, wanting to start a cycle of this myself on top of the 400mg of cyp weekly.
    I only run short cycles now (8 weeks). So I ran the T3 for 8 weeks.

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member
    I do know while taking Tren ace it lowers your thyroid level, and this raises prolactin. Its recommended taking T3 25mcgs ed along with your Tren to avoid elevating your prolactin.

Check http://www.steroid.com/Trenbolone-Acetate.php for source of info.

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member
    I taught Vit b6 was used for protein synthesis?

It does make sense however by using t3 in speeding up metabolism to speed up the breakdown of foods to aid muscle gain and or fat loss.. I think i may try it.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Sector;5252683]Ive researched this website without much success but have found a few personal experiences and articles on other websites that support a small dose of t3 ( 12.5 or 25 ED ) during bulking cycles.

The basics of what I have read imply that this dose will help protein synthesis and prevent excesive fat gains during bulking. Allowing higher caloric surpluses and giving you more out of the food you eat.

I guess I would just like opinions on this, personal experiences and to maybe here from a few of the vets and such. DON'T DO IT IS MY ADVICE! T-3 IS A POWERFUL DRUG THAT CAN CAUSE SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS. IMO T-3 SHOULD BE USED ONLY WHEN DIETING DOWN FOR A SHOW OR BEACH TRIP. T-3 BURNS OFF ALL THE EXTRA CALORIES YOU INTAKE WHILE BULKING-HENCE IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE. I HAVE SEEN NO EVIDENCE PERSONALLY THAT IT INCREASES PROTEIN SYNTHESIS. IN FACT, I THINK IT CAN MAKE YOU WEAKER.

Will a small dose of T3 result in better gains overall? I SAY IT DOES NOT GIVE BETTER GAINS, BUT IT HELPS YOU LOSE WEIGHT WHEN DIETING DOWN BUT SOME LOSE TOO MUCH MUSCLE EVEN AT 40 PER DAY
    Will a small dose of T3 help control body fat while in a caloric surplus? ( Obviously diet is one of the larger determining factors of this )..NO,T-3 WILL NOT HELP CONTROL BODY FAT WHILE IN A CALORIE SURPLUS. YOU NEED TO EAT CLEANER AND DO SOME CARDIO. MY ADVICE TO YOU AND EVERYONE FOR THAT MATTER IS TO DO A CLEAN BULK. GAINING WEIGHT ON THE SCALES IS NOT THE SAME AS GAINING LEAN MUSCLE AS MUCH OF IT WILL BE FAT AND WATER
    ANYONE WHO HAS EVER DIETED DOWN FOR A BODYBUILDING SHOW CAN ATTEST TO WHAT I AM SAYING.
    /QUOTE]ABOVE!

Thread Information