GS4
    GS4 is offline Junior Member

hard time drawing?

Ok I'm drawing from ampules using a 18G needles, now when i fully draw all the test from it, i get quite of bit of air in the syringe so i push up the plunger little by little to allow the air out, but the liquid keeps coming out the needle instead of the air, i dont want to continue to do this, since it seems like im loosing quite of bit (still get the 1cc btw) never hard this happen the first 5 weeks, i dont like the idea of injecting with 1/4 of air in the syringe, thanks
    Last edited by GS4; 07-14-2010 at 05:57 AM.

cobra305 is offline Member
    Flip the syringe so the needle is pointed up and flick the syringe with your finger a few times, this should bring all the bubles to the top allowing you to push them out.

GS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra305 View Post
    Flip the syringe so the needle is pointed up and flick the syringe with your finger a few times, this should bring all the bubles to the top allowing you to push them out.
    this is exactly what im doing, is not the bubbles im worried about, is the actual air thats taking up space in the syringe.

If you are doing this and all the bubbles come to the top and you push the plunger so the air bubbles are forced out of the syringe then how is there air left in the syringe?

Even if there are a few tiny bubbles left in the syringe this is nothing to worry about. You are inj IM not IV a few bubbles will cause no harm.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    the air isnt at the other end of the syringe is it? it shouldnt be stuck behind the oil

GS4
    Quote Originally Posted by big_ron View Post
    the air isnt at the other end of the syringe is it? it shouldnt be stuck behind the oil
    the air is between the oil and the needle, if i flick and push plunger a little i see more oil coming out.

after you flick it retract the plunger a little to remove any oil at the needle tip and then push the air bubbles out. To be honest if you are still getting the full cc i would not really worry about a few little specs of oil being lost.

Thread Information