reddragon4954 is offline Member

DiindolylMethane, who has used it??

Was reading on this stuff, DiindolylMethane. Have heard ppl using on hrt and doc recommending to some women to reduce estro.

I was wondering, if you were to take this off cycle would this aid in keep those E2 estrogen levels low, or at least really help keep them in the normal range??

bump

n00bs is offline Member
    I use it, it works by helping the liver process oestrogen...

So it wont work like an AI oestrogen will still be produced but it will help remove it.

You said that DiindolylMethane will not stop estrogen from being produced but will help remove it from the system, so in turn wouldnt that lower my estrogen levels?

If i have slightly elevated estrogen levels would this help bring those levels down a bit? I know not comparable to and AIs effects, but just wanting to see if it would bring E2 levels down some.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bs View Post
    I use it, it works by helping the liver process oestrogen...

So it wont work like an AI oestrogen will still be produced but it will help remove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by reddragon4954 View Post
    You said that DiindolylMethane will not stop estrogen from being produced but will help remove it from the system, so in turn wouldnt that lower my estrogen levels?

If i have slightly elevated estrogen levels would this help bring those levels down a bit? I know not comparable to and AIs effects, but just wanting to see if it would bring E2 levels down some.
    DIM doesn't help the liver remove estrogen, it shifts conversion of estradiol and estrone(parent hormones) from the 16-hydroxyestrone metabolite to the 2-hydroxyestrone. This is beneficial as higher 2-hydroxyestrone levels have many cited benefits (increased estrogen balance, increased prostate health, etc..)

DIM also increases 2-methoxyestrogens which is beneficial

n00bs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    DIM doesn't help the liver remove estrogen, it shifts conversion of estradiol and estrone(parent hormones) from the 16-hydroxyestrone metabolite to the 2-hydroxyestrone. This is beneficial as higher 2-hydroxyestrone levels have many cited benefits (increased estrogen balance, increased prostate health, etc..)

DIM also increases 2-methoxyestrogens which is beneficial
    My bad, my lecturers described its work on cytochrome p450...

The term was "its speeds this process up"....

Just goes to show you need to dig your own head in everynow and again..

Thank you for tat correction.

Thread Information