nicdelucca is offline New Member

Why not name scammer sources???

I haven't cycled in about 14 years, but when I did, I had reliable sources...Now...As a new transplant in a foreign country, I wanted to get some gear and couldn't find anyone I trusted at my gym, so I decided to go mail order...BIG MISTAKE...I ordered through what had been termed a "trustworthy" company, but information is limited on-line and you never know the motives behind any one post...Short story, I got scammed...Would love to tell you by who, but I don't think I am allowed to name names...

Why isn't there a thread on scammer companies that is updated regularly???

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    We would rather stay away from naming scammers or reliable source, the whole area is a minefield. If you want a source check ask a willing HOF'er/vet via pm.

Thanks Marcus...I didn't think I wa eligible for a source check due to limited posts...Wish I had tried though...

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicdelucca View Post
    Thanks Marcus...I didn't think I wa eligible for a source check due to limited posts...Wish I had tried though...
    You may not have been but its always worth starting a thread in the "One on one" with staff thread....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Thanks guys...Appreciate the answers...

rbg
    rbg is offline Junior Member
    I wondered the same in the beginning, but now I'm glad they don't name them on here....It's likely competitors would flood the threads with false complaints and it still wouldn't make selecting sources any clearer........I agree with admin.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    right. and then the question of liability comes up when a source is listed as a scam, and then the scam site hires an attorney...........?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    There are boards with scammer forums if you want to name and shame.

In an environment like this credibility is all relative. You can have reps for a scam source claiming their gear is the best and/or claiming that a competitor that sells legit goods is BS.

Plus, once you start naming the bad sources there will be a tendency to name the good ones, and we've just provided a one stop shop for the law to find all of the online sources. The fewer people know about something the safer we all are.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by rbg View Post
    I wondered the same in the beginning, but now I'm glad they don't name them on here....It's likely competitors would flood the threads with false complaints and it still wouldn't make selecting sources any clearer........I agree with admin.
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO Performance View Post
    In an environment like this credibility is all relative. You can have reps for a scam source claiming their gear is the best and/or claiming that a competitor that sells legit goods is BS.

Plus, once you start naming the bad sources there will be a tendency to name the good ones, and we've just provided a one stop shop for the law to find all of the online sources. The fewer people know about something the safer we all are.
    both are correct ^^^^

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Well.... since everybody is saying something correct I want in on it....

Repost!!

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    Well.... since everybody is saying something correct I want in on it....

Repost!!
    correct ^^

Looking for a Scammer List? Read this...

matt77 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    There are boards with scammer forums if you want to name and shame.
    Yeah and some of them are brutal! But the scammers get what they deserve! I just saw a scammer that had been hung out to dry on another board and it wasn't pretty. Name, address, pic, family names, pics of family, ID numbers, bank account numbers, and more.

But yet scammers knowing this can happen to them still keep trying even though they may end up dead!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
    Yeah and some of them are brutal! But the scammers get what they deserve! I just saw a scammer that had been hung out to dry on another board and it wasn't pretty. Name, address, pic, family names, pics of family, ID numbers, bank account numbers, and more.

But yet scammers knowing this can happen to them still keep trying even though they may end up dead!
    ,,,the lure of making a dishonest buck can be strong!

Thread Information