arshigtx is offline Junior Member

Cycle before gyno surgery

I plan running my first cycle before my gyno surgery. Do you think theres any way doing a cycle will cause growth after surgery is done? And if I do see development after surgery would taking letro be good protocol since the gyno would be AAS related?

MrGreen is offline Member
    I cant speak for anyone else bro but if it where me I would wait until I have recovered from surgery before doing anything. I dont feel there is any reason to throw any complications into the mix that are not needed.

Thats just IMHO.

Well I mean the whole point is I want to the cycle before I have surgery. If I did it after it would be too risky with gyno development because I'm prone to it.

MrGreen is offline Member
    I guess thats up to you. If you can cycle and be finished with PCT or alteast all the compounds are gone from your body your not going to get gyno from AAS. I think 15 days or so after you last pin pretty much everything has died down dramatically and you would have nothing to worry about from the AAS. I would stick to a short ester compound just to be on the safe side and that would also help incase it gets to bad and you have to stop.

Hmm, makes sense. Thanks a lot

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    You could get all the breast tissue removed but that will leave your nipple looking quite flat.

juicyfruit71 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arshigtx View Post
    Well I mean the whole point is I want to the cycle before I have surgery. If I did it after it would be too risky with gyno development because I'm prone to it.
    Well honestly bro, if you can do just one cycle and quit... then you'll be one of the few!

To me though, it kinda makes sense to do the cycle before the surgery, because any increase in gyno can just be removed when you get surgery... if you do it after surgery, and you're prone to getting it, then it can just come back and surgery will have been in vain...unless they take out the entire gland...which is unusual. I also think (like stated above) that using a short ester (prop) would be a good idea because it's less prone to cause gyno...although you'll have to deal with eod injections which might be tough for a first cycle.

Also keep in mind...if you do use a longer ester...you can keep some armidex on hand to combat the gyno increase if it occurs...or even just take a small amount everyday throughout the cycle.
    Last edited by juicyfruit71; 08-07-2010 at 01:43 AM.

serratus is offline I am a sissyman!!!
    Hmm, makes sense. Thanks a lot
    how much did u pay for the surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by serratus View Post
    how much did u pay for the surgery?
    im in canada so its covered completey by insurance

national health care ftw

Quote Originally Posted by juicyfruit71 View Post
    Well honestly bro, if you can do just one cycle and quit... then you'll be one of the few!

To me though, it kinda makes sense to do the cycle before the surgery, because any increase in gyno can just be removed when you get surgery... if you do it after surgery, and you're prone to getting it, then it can just come back and surgery will have been in vain...unless they take out the entire gland...which is unusual. I also think (like stated above) that using a short ester (prop) would be a good idea because it's less prone to cause gyno...although you'll have to deal with eod injections which might be tough for a first cycle.

Also keep in mind...if you do use a longer ester...you can keep some armidex on hand to combat the gyno increase if it occurs...or even just take a small amount everyday throughout the cycle.

I dont know if i'd be completely comfortable with pinning everyday, (ive read its a lot better to pin ed than eod on prop).

I have a hard time with needles and i'm fine pinning the cheeks 2x a week, but having to stick it in my delts or quads is something im not sure id be able to do.

Technically though, even if gyno started to develop after surgery I'd be able to combat with armidex like you mentioned or even letro, because the gyno would be AAS related, right?

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Ive had gyno surgery. Its a tough call imo. Your gonna have a 6 week recovery period after surgery where you cant work out so you would lose all your gains from doing a cycle. After the surgery you will need to run an ai like adex while ON cycle to prevent any further problems. Surgery dosent remove all the breast tissue therefore you can still get gyno after.

Yeah thats the other thing I was worried about as well - losing any gains I'd have made during the recovery period. I dont plan not working out for that long. I've read a couple people who only waited a week before training chest and other muscles and said they were fine.

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Yeah thats the other thing I was worried about as well - losing any gains I'd have made during the recovery period. I dont plan not working out for that long. I've read a couple people who only waited a week before training chest and other muscles and said they were fine.
    If your having lumps removed and lipo(standard gyno surgery) then your probably gonna need 6 weeks. I tried to rush it and work out after about 4 weeks and it prolonged the healing process by about a month. I cant imagine trying to work out a week after surgery, thats just dumb. The vest dosent even come off for a week or so. Your gonna have to ask your surgen about your recovery time because everybody is different (some cases are more sever than others too). My gyno was bad, had golfball size lumps removed, your dosent sound as severe so you might heal faster.

jojomcgo is offline Associate Member
    im in canada so its covered completey by insurance

national health care ftw
    Dang i have been wanting to move my family to canada to! Just another good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGenetics View Post
    If your having lumps removed and lipo(standard gyno surgery) then your probably gonna need 6 weeks. I tried to rush it and work out after about 4 weeks and it prolonged the healing process by about a month. I cant imagine trying to work out a week after surgery, thats just dumb. The vest dosent even come off for a week or so. Your gonna have to ask your surgen about your recovery time because everybody is different (some cases are more sever than others too). My gyno was bad, had golfball size lumps removed, your dosent sound as severe so you might heal faster.
    Yeah, we'll see how it goes. I dont want to rush anything but the idea of not going to the gym for a month+ is not something I like. I'd be paranoid as hell feeling like I'm losing muscle haha.

Wilburn Adam is offline New Member
    WOW, all this stress can be causing you gastric problems, try taking something for reflux and gas and see if it helps calm down that area, I know stress can really get confused for a lot of things.. it happen to my teenager we thought she was having appendicitis or gallbladder or even heart attack from her pain in her chest and pressure and her lower tummy pains, it was all reflux and gas, have them give you a barium cocktail next trip to the dr. if that stops your pain you know a lot has to do with the stress from all your other issues! GOOD LUCK

Thread Information