Akron45 is offline New Member

What is the real verdict on keeping your gains.

Searching this site and Google I have done tons of reading about keeping your gains. Some guys say it's inevitable that eventually you are going to lose whatever you gained while cycling while others say that as long as it's within your natural muscular limit and you do your PCT and nutrition correctly (supporting your new muscle etc) you don't have to lose much more than your water weight... I am not saying that I don't plan on doing another cycle (currently 500mg test-e only cycle w/ 20mg nolva daily PCT) but I am still curious.

Could anyone indulge me with their experiences?

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Your body has a natural limit..... lets just say that limit is 220lbs. If you are 205lbs and get to 220lbs - you may lose a bit durring pct but should be able to maintain much of it with proper dieting and training.

If you get up to 240-250..... it becomes much harder to retain that mass without the help of anabolics. I've noticed over the years I gradually drop to about 220 when I'm off.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Your body has a natural limit..... lets just say that limit is 220lbs. If you are 205lbs and get to 220lbs - you may lose a bit durring pct but should be able to maintain much of it with proper dieting and training.

If you get up to 240-250..... it becomes much harder to retain that mass without the help of anabolics. I've noticed over the years I gradually drop to about 220 when I'm off.

~Haz~
    x2.. it all depends on body type etc.. i am short (5'10" and stalky) so i keep weight better than someone who is say tall and skinny.. its all about body type.. but you can expect to keep most your gains as long as you are not getting to a ridiculous size

Akron45 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

~Haz~
    Thank you for the response. I just find it a little daunting because I am gaining weight FAST. This is my first cycle and I am currently up 14 pounds 4 weeks in... and I have lost a pant size. I assume I have quite a bit of water weight but all my muscular measurements are up, strength is up, I am visibly bigger to others, and something in my brain is telling me anything gained this quickly is going to be lost just as fast... perhaps paranoia. For reference I am currently sitting at 6'2, 225ish on an empty stomach.
    Last edited by Akron45; 08-07-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Thread Information