cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Painful Vitamin C inject

I injected vitamin c for the first time yesterday. It HURT going in which I can't remember ever having with anything. Then afterwards it was very sore and is sore today. I followed correct procedures that i have done dozens of times for injects.

Is it normal that this hurts? Could it be because its the first time ive tried it? Will my body get used to it?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    I injected vitamin c for the first time yesterday. It HURT going in which I can't remember ever having with anything. Then afterwards it was very sore and is sore today. I followed correct procedures that i have done dozens of times for injects.

Is it normal that this hurts? Could it be because its the first time ive tried it? Will my body get used to it?
    What size of pin did you use? Was it fresh and sharp?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    What size of pin did you use? Was it fresh and sharp?
    I used a 25 gauge by 5/8" but I think I will try a slin needle next time. Im kind of pissed I mean Im pretty tough but I don't like injecting something that hurts this much for a vitamin c boost lol. The solution itself seemed to hurt.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Vitamin injects hurt IME.
    Its water-based, so the solvent/preservative is being leeched out immediately, which is what causes the stinging.

And if it is Vitamin C from Ascorbic acid, that is no surprise, since that stuff is very acidic and will certainly burn.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    whatever happened to just taking one of those tablets??? injecting vitamins C?? i have never heard of that before..

an injection of Vit C a day keeps the doctor away.. haha

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Vitamin injects hurt IME.
    Its water-based, so the solvent/preservative is being leeched out immediately, which is what causes the stinging.

And if it is Vitamin C from Ascorbic acid, that is no surprise, since that stuff is very acidic and will certainly burn.
    Yeah its the acid type.. i guess its like pouring lemon juice in an open wound.

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    whatever happened to just taking one of those tablets??? injecting vitamins C?? i have never heard of that before..

an injection of Vit C a day keeps the doctor away.. haha
    hah yeah .. i dunno the original idea was shoot myself with b12 and vitamin c, pop all my vitamins, eat, then go lift. I like every edge i can get.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Yeah its the acid type.. i guess its like pouring lemon juice in an open wound.
    Basically. Just use a slin pin and inject as slow as possible.

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Never injected vit C but have injected vit B6 which hurts. I have cut it with vit B12 before but the B6 injections are not that bad so it depends on how much B6 and B12 I want to inject. You could try cutting the C with B12 if your injecting that already, it doesn't hurt me at all and have never heard of anyone complaining of pain from injecting B12 either.

I usually use slin pins for B6 and B12 unless I want to inject a larger ammt out of a 3cc syringe.

Thread Information