Thread: appendicitis..

themoreyouknow is offline Associate Member

appendicitis..

So yesterday i had an emergency appendectomy (still in ****in terrible pain) idk if its gear related.
    So heres the deal, doc said not lifting over 15lb for three weeks (i think ill be fine in a week) question is, i have three weeks left on my test e 400mg/week cycle, should i stop and start pct in two weeks or just continue to take my shots?
    btw im on dilaudid every 4 hours..
    thanks for the help guys

MrGreen is offline Member
    Personally I think I would stop and wait until there was no doubt in my mind or a doctors that I was 100% recovered!! IMHO.

vegasbound is offline New Member
    Wow bad timing! I'm sure it's not gear related btw...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Time to stop and do your PCT. No reason to take the rest if you cant lift.

kjones_usmc is offline Junior Member
    I had emergency app. also. MY advice? Dont lift till docs says you can.
    I lifted a couple weeks after and tore open wound and also internal stitching.
    NOT WORTH IT!

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    yeah lifting to soon can result in a hurnia which is no fun

rbg
    rbg is offline Junior Member
    The AAS may help you recover faster though...

Quote Originally Posted by rbg View Post
    The AAS may help you recover faster though...
    That's what I was thinkng as well....plus idk if I can take three weeks off from lifting lol

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by themoreyouknow View Post
    That's what I was thinkng as well....plus idk if I can take three weeks off from lifting lol
    You would be an idiot not to take the time off. But hey, it would be your death, not mine.

chopzall is offline Junior Member
    take the time off so you don't mess yourself up.

Two thoughts, one take all the time necessary to heal properly before lifting per your doctor's advice. You have in essence a physician created hernia; a breach in your abdominal wall. That is nothing to play around with. Trying to push now you will only risk injury and further setbacks. Accept that this is how things are. A short time off to ensure a lifetime without complications; small price to pay.

Two, I would say that the possibility this was caused by steroids , especially injectibles, is slim. If it were orals I'd say the possibility is higher, but still slim. Regardless, you have to consider that there is a possibility. Your blood runs through your whole body, including the appendix. The function of the appendix is largely unknown. Most doctors consider it a vestigial organ, left over from thousands of years ago when man was forced to eat things that were potentially harmful like spoiled meat. The thought is that it has limited to no function now. However, the fact that they don't know this for sure is why they don't just remove the appendix of every child at birth. It would be simple, eliminate the possibility of appendicitis later in life, and the healing at that age is ridiculously fast. Still, the fact that it might help prevent certain illnesses, ect. keeps them from doing this.

One things for sure though, if the steroids did cause it you won't have the same problem again!

HrdGainer80 is offline New Member
    I know how you feel. Just had my appendix out 4 weeks ago now. It happened 3 weeks into my pct, not a good time. I got back in the gym after 3 weeks and took it very easy. It will let you know when your going to heavy, it hurts like hell.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by themoreyouknow View Post
    You had better not lift until the doc says it's OK and then start SLOW. it's so not worth it to rip something and NO the steroids will not help you heal faster..... It has been discussed 100s of times.

Stop now and do your PCT. save what you have for next time.

thanks for all the help guys, i guess ill start my pct the end of next week..what terrible timing this was lol

Thread Information