MrGreen is offline Member

Actually US laws?

So I have searched and searched and have yet to find a good thread on actual laws in the US about steroids . Is powder considered steroids? Are there compounds that are not illegal yet? Example ca**bis is only illegal if it contains T*C otherwise its not against a law. Many drugs that are new are not illegal at the time because the law doesnt ban the chemical compound. Ex**cy is not illegal its M**A that is illegal. Granted you cant have X without M**A but just using it for an example. Sure you know what I am saying just like ephedrine was not illegal for a long time!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

I did find this and it is a very good bit of info although you thought I knew sadly I was wrong. Good watch!
    Last edited by MrGreen; 08-08-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    All "traditional" AAS are illegal for possession, use, and distribution. Each compound is added independently to the schedule III banned substance list.
    As new steroids or PHs are developed, they remain legal for a time, until the FDA catches up and they are banned by congress in a new bill or amendment to the Anabolic Steroid Control Act.

The form (powder, oil, etc) is irrelevant, as the compounds themselves are controlled substances.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    All "traditional" AAS are illegal for possession, use, and distribution. Each compound is added independently to the schedule III banned substance list.
    As new steroids or PHs are developed, they remain legal for a time, until the FDA catches up and they are banned by congress in a new bill or amendment to the Anabolic Steroid Control Act.

The form (powder, oil, etc) is irrelevant, as the compounds themselves are controlled substances.
    x2.. doesn't matter what form it is in, the chemical compound is the same

http://www.justice.gov/dea/agency/penalties.htm

I think that is complete horse shit for those people that choose to use them. Christ thats same consequences as having up to 49k of some p*t! LOL How shady are those laws!!! 1 amp = same as up to 49kg of p*t?? Gotta be shitting me. Well guess its good I only like to learn and not use. LOL
    Last edited by MrGreen; 08-08-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Not that I am thinking about it the absolute part about it is most are actually prescribed for one reason or another in the entire US.

Mary**** is only legal in a few states and its not is still considered to be illegal by government stand point. But you can have 49kg of p*t and face the same penalty as if you had .05g of a steroid ?

Talk about a screwed up system!
    Last edited by MrGreen; 08-08-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2_slow_5.0 View Post
    Not that I am thinking about it the absolute part about it is most are actually prescribed for one reason or another in the entire US.

Marijuana is only legal in a few states and its not is still considered to be illegal by government stand point. But you can have 49kg of pot and face the same penalty as if you had .05g of a steroid ?

Talk about a screwed up system!
    No, those are trafficking penalties on that site. Not possession.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/..._act_part1.htm

More info but I cant seem to find if its a felony or misdemeanor offense.

Oh and are their any compounds anyone knows of at the moment that are currently legal in the US? As I am not up on current research in the AAS market. LOL

Oh and are their any compounds anyone knows of at the moment that are currently legal in the US? As I am not up on current research in the AAS market. LOL
    Superdrol (methyl masteron ), Epistane, and Hdrol are all still legal, I believe. There are a few other new ones too, but they suck ass.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 08-08-2010 at 09:00 AM.

You have to know how the US legal system works. If they catch you with a small amount you are probably not going to be charged with intent to distribute. If they do charge you with that a competent public defender will easily get those charges dropped, as they would be insupportable by evidence in court. No one possess .05g of anything for distribution purposes. There's no potential monetary gain. Unless you've sold to an undercover officer, ect. they will not be able to meet the burden of proof for intent to distribute, much less trafficing. The prosecutor knows this, so they'll let that go and seek to charge you with possession.

Possession is still a crime, but it's a misdemeanor, not a felony. If it's your first offense you will get a small fine and a year or two of the lowest grade of probation, which typically means just don't get in trouble with the law during that period and you'll be fine. If you have a decent lawyer you should get away without a criminal record.

Even for second and third offenses you are doubtfully looking at jail time. For a second offense you can typically opt to go to a rehab program, sometimes even for a third offense. The fine is going to go up, and you'll get two years or more of a higher class of probation (like a visit to a PO once a month with the possibility of random urine tests). You're going to end up with a criminal record, but if you keep your nose clean you may be able to get it expunged in five years if you can afford it, or you could go into the military and see if you can get a dispensation (where they wipe your record in exchange for you joining).

This isn't going to be the same for every jurisdiction. Some are harder or more lenient for possession offenses. I simply know that this is how it works in my home state, but most of the US seems similar from what I've heard and seen.

I dont know if its a felony or not. Possession of grape koolaid is a felony no matter how much you posses! LOL As I said I am just here for informational purposes as I dont use any drugs. Life is my drug!
    Last edited by MrGreen; 08-08-2010 at 10:13 AM.

You are not going to get a felony for cocaine possession if its not above a certain amount. Even if it is technically a felony they will plead it off to some misdemeanor. That's how the system works. The DA's office wants a guaranteed conviction rate. They plead so they can still chalk it up in the win column, without an expensive trail, which they might not win if you have a good enough lawyer.

FYI, I don't use drugs either. I know this information from a lot of people I know who do.

Dan111 is offline Associate Member
    I think that is complete horse shit for those people that choose to use them. Christ thats same consequences as having up to 49k of some pot! LOL How shady are those laws!!! 1 amp = same as up to 49kg of pot?? Gotta be shitting me. Well guess its good I only like to learn and not use. LOL
    I dont know if its a felony or not. Possession of cocaine is a felony no matter how much you posses! LOL As I said I am just here for informational purposes as I dont use any drugs. Life is my drug!
    but yet you put this in another thread.....

About to start a cycle and will be pinning ed but wouldnt load them early. Really dont see a benefit to it honestly. Extra time now or a little extra every time and if you pin it when you draw it you know the risk of any type of bacteria would be less. Still going to take you the same amount of time just not all at once.

.....uhhhh.....WHAT????

Quote Originally Posted by Dan111 View Post

.....uhhhh.....WHAT????
    Holy shit, man! You should be a detective!!! (ROFL)

(though granted, 2 Slow's disclaimers are pretty useless)
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 08-08-2010 at 09:43 AM.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I think what you're asking is, At what quantity of Steroids in my possession will it merit a misdemeanor vs a felony, correct?

2 slow 5.0 Please stop mentioning rec drugs and edit accordingly so you are not breaking any rules.
    -XL

jing jai

Atomini is offline Banned
    Guys, be careful, discussion about recreational drugs is against the board's rules.

Just so you all know and incase you were wondering, anabolic steroids are legal in Canada for personal use and posession. Schedule IV here as opposed to Schedule III in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan111 View Post
    .....uhhhh.....WHAT????
    Why are you so nosey? Besides there is nothing wrong with B-12 cycles. LOL

Holy shit, man! You should be a detective!!! (ROFL)

(though granted, 2 Slow's disclaimers are pretty useless)
    Come on it was worth a try!

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    I think what you're asking is, At what quantity of Steroids in my possession will it merit a misdemeanor vs a felony, correct?
    Yes that would be correct hypothetically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtralarg View Post
    2 slow 5.0 Please stop mentioning rec drugs and edit accordingly so you are not breaking any rules.
    Done and sorry about that!

Superdrol (methyl masteron), Epistane, and Hdrol are all still legal, I believe. There are a few other new ones too, but they suck ass.
    Masteron ? hmmm.... that would be cool! Talk about issues proving that you have something they thing is illegal but its actually legal! LOL

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    Just wanted to point out that any new steroids that are made are automatically illegal after the update to the updated steroid control act. Due to the wording, anything that "is related to testosterone " is illegal.

Yes stupid working.

Here is a vieo, its 2 parter, on this site:

http://www.steroid.com/video/Injecte...Act-Part-1.php

Eidt:

YOu may be more intersted in part 2:
    http://www.steroid.com/video/Injecte...Act-Part-2.php
    Last edited by nwjt; 08-08-2010 at 10:56 AM.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Look up the difference between penalties for posession and intent to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by nwjt View Post
    Just wanted to point out that any new steroids that are made are automatically illegal after the update to the updated steroid control act. Due to the wording, anything that "is related to testosterone " is illegal.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the OTC PH/DS world of the last 5 years. All the new OTC drugs are DHT derivatives (so they get around the "anything related to testosterone" thing). This is the reason that methasteron is still legal, whereas 4 AD was one of the first to go.

Additionally, the guy in the video said that the revisions of 2004 "allowed the attorney general to seek a ban on any drug related to testosterone", not that they were automatically illegal.

Masteron? hmmm.... that would be cool! Talk about issues proving that you have something they thing is illegal but its actually legal! LOL
    You've never heard of Superdrol or Mdrol? Its been the biggest OCT steroid since 2005. And there is no legality issue having it, since you buy it in a labeled bottle filled with capsules from a supplement site. Not in bulk powder or vials or anything sketchy.

ubiq is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    Just so you all know and incase you were wondering, anabolic steroids are legal in Canada for personal use and posession. Schedule IV here as opposed to Schedule III in the states.
    Thanks for the info. I've been wondering this for the longest about Canada's laws concerning AAS.

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    You obviously haven't been paying attention to the OTC PH/DS world of the last 5 years. All the new OTC drugs are DHT derivatives (so they get around the "anything related to testosterone " thing). This is the reason that methasteron is still legal, whereas 4 AD was one of the first to go.

Additionally, the guy in the video said that the revisions of 2004 "allowed the attorney general to seek a ban on any drug related to testosterone", not that they were automatically illegal.
    Ok fiar enough, but auto-illegal and the ability ban anything without needing to modify schedules is pretty close to the same thing.

boxin23 is offline Member

Smile

Guys, be careful, discussion about recreational drugs is against the board's rules.

I knew there was a reason besides Whistler and Hockey that I liked Canada!

I'm ready to pack!

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boxin23 View Post
    I knew there was a reason besides Whistler and Hockey that I liked Canada!

I'm ready to pack!
    Yup, i've developed a great love for my country so long as things dont get worse!

The idea that steroid use is necessarily bad is a USA projection on reality, and it is something other countries have been pressured into toeing in line with, although up here in Canada we made it criminal becausee the national guilt-fest over Ben Johnson; before that it was like illegally importing aspirin.

In Canada, steroids are "Schedule IV" under the Controlled Substances Act, or wherever in the Criminal Code of Canada, and it's a category created explicitly for steroids because even our whacked parliamentarians couldn't see the point in putting it in Schedule III with that particular green plant, Schedule II with things like opioid painkillers, etc and Schedule I with that powdery white stuff et al... But in the US steroids have been branded a "dangerous narcotic" and are in the A-list.

In the US it's because some politicians made their careers by "keeping children safe from dangerous steroids ". It has nothing to do with right and wrong. That's why I don't believe that they should be illegal, or any other drugs for that reason. It's legislated morality, which prohibition has shown us always fails. In fact it makes the problem worse. Prohibition gave rise to organized crime, which is still with us today. Do you really think there'd still be a mafia if gambling, drugs, and prostitution was legal?

ubiq is offline New Member
    Yup, i've developed a great love for my country so long as things dont get worse!

The idea that steroid use is necessarily bad is a USA projection on reality, and it is something other countries have been pressured into toeing in line with, although up here in Canada we made it criminal becausee the national guilt-fest over Ben Johnson; before that it was like illegally importing aspirin.

In Canada, steroids are "Schedule IV" under the Controlled Substances Act, or wherever in the Criminal Code of Canada, and it's a category created explicitly for steroids because even our whacked parliamentarians couldn't see the point in putting it in Schedule III with that particular green plant, Schedule II with things like opioid painkillers, etc and Schedule I with that powdery white stuff et al... But in the US steroids have been branded a "dangerous narcotic" and are in the A-list.
    Well, you have to throw in the fact with the whole German Olympic fiasco, the US has been pissed about it, leading to the use of AAS being deemed as evil and illegal here.

Quote Originally Posted by ubiq View Post
    Well, you have to throw in the fact with the whole German Olympic fiasco, the US has been pissed about it, leading to the use of AAS being deemed as evil and illegal here.
    Nobody gave 2 shits about the East Germans by the time AAS was made illegal in the US. Ben Johnson is the one who ****ed it up for everyone, lol.

Or was it Carl Lewis? He had tested positive for stimulants before and it was kept quiet. Ben Johnson beats the golden boy and he's run out of the Olympics on a rail for testing positive for steroids . Maybe it has more to do with the amount of money the US puts into the Olympics vs Canada...

Akron45 is offline New Member
    How many people are actually caught for steroids below the mass distribution level?

Good question, and my bet would be that it isn't many, because the justice system works on numbers. Getting a user off the street, so to speak, is basically worthless. They want the suppliers; the guys moving weight. Those are the big, sexy busts that get television time, etc. That leads to a bigger budget, etc. Everything in this game is about money and power. The law is just there to perpetuate the power and ensure that the money flows. Truthfully it's the most un-American concept. On this issue I side with Thomas Jefferson, who said "There is no natural law that gives one man the right to commit aggression against the equal rights of another, and that is all from which the law ought restrain him." This protect man from himself stuff is garbage, and has no place in our great country.

Thread Information