KidWhoCantGetAhead is offline New Member

My Story Thus Far

Alright, so this is my story thus far. And to some, this may just be another thread they overlook, or just glance at, then go on with their lives, but im hoping, maybe someone out there has/ or maybe is in my situation right now. Just someone to help me through all this would mean the world to me.

This is my problem. Its so hard to find help these days in certain touchy areas such as "steroids ". I mean who does a young kid like me go to these days with questions like this? See, im only 16. But at 16, i've gone through alot. Alot more then most. And its brought me to this site today. Growing up life was good, as a young kid, all that matters is having fun. But as life goes on, its get alot more complicated. Like anyone else, i judge people. Maybe on looks, maybe on how they act. But lately, its me whose been getting judged alot. About my weight. No, im not overweight. The exact opposite actually. I'm, 5'11, maybe 6'0, but only way 138 lbs. To refer to me as skinny would be an understatement. I have no weight to me at all. I couldnt fill out a t-shirt to impress one girl for the heck of me. I wish i could be out hitting on all the chicks, just living life. But its embarrasing to even try, because who wants to talk to some tall, skinny guy? No girls that I know. atleast not the ones i want to get the attention of. So it occured to me awhile ago that i need to bulk up. And trust me i've tried. Push ups, situps, working out, eating more. But i have a really high metabolism, and gaining any sort of weight is nearly impossible. I've been staying at 138-140 for 2 years now. And i dont know where else to turn. Nothings working.

This is when steroids crossed my mind. Im not a person to look for the quick fix when a situation gets hard, but in this case, i dont know what else to do. Lately, i've been hearing rumors going around about kids who use some sort of steroids, or HGH. and even tho they all deny them, with their huge sudden weight gains, its hard to believe them. So i thought, hey, if i can look like that, then why not?

But here's where im worried. Side effects. I've heard about all the pro's of steroids or hgh, and its impressive. But sometimes, the cons or negatives seem to outway them. But the funny thing is, when i see all the kids who have used such, gaining all this weight, looking happy, and having no bad side effects. It makes me wonder if the bad side effects are even something to worry about, or just a way for people to try and scare people from using steroids. And trust me, its worked. Things like enlarged head, heart problems, depression, and roid rage , seem like their knocking at my doorstep. I dont know rather to believe them, or just get over them. So my question is...

Whats real and whats not?
    Would taking steroids at my age (16) be worth it at all? Yes or no?
    Will i regret it.

Im definently willing to work, and im a very dedicated person.
    And money isnt a problem.
    I just need to know.
    Steroids- Yes or No?

I cant go on living like this anymore. Its killing me
    Anyone. Please help.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    No you are far too young and will regret it.

Didn't even need to read your story, just looked at a few points and just like everyone else you aren't eating enough that is basically it. No excuses no "well I am" nope you just aren't eating enough and if food isn't working then steroids certainly will not. Unless you have some type of hyperthyroid disorder which you would know by now and would be under a docs care.

There are no secrets to this game.

Eat to grow, train to gain

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    It's not worth it, and YES you will regret it.

I've been in yours shoes my man. Graduated at a measly 145lbs. All it takes is a few years of training, and a solid diet to get your started. This is the prime of your life to make the most out of your gains naturally, use this to your advantage.

Diet, training, rest, supplements, in that order. Read through the nutrition stickies, get an idea of what to eat, when to eat, and how much to eat. Stick with a conventional workout, a basic novice routine. Build a solid foundation first. Consistency is key and vital to growth. Body transformation isn't a quick process, and there is no quick fix. Patience truly is a virtue when it comes to building your body.

If you have any questions, fire away.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    You are not old enough to be a member here, and WAY too young for steroids . I'lleave this open temporarily for diet assistance if you wish.

Ok, thanks guys. You just helped make a hard decision, easy for me. And diet advice would be great. Sorry, i just didnt know where to go.

Protein sources: egg whites, lean chicken breast, lean steak, whey, fish, etc

Carb sources: oats, sweet potatoes, pearled barley, ezekiel bread, grapefruit, apples, bananas,

Fat sources: avocado, fish oil, almonds, whole eggs, etc

Stick with whole foods, For someone your size eat about 200 grams of protein, 300 grams of carbs and 50 grams of fats, READ THE NUTRITIONAL LABELS and formulate a diet based around the macronutrients (protein, carbs, fats) I estimated for you. You don't start gaining weight, well then eat more!!

Training program:

Day 1: Chest/Biceps: Incline bench, flat, decline, flyes. Barbell curls, seated incline curls, preacher curls
    Day 2: Legs (Quads/hams): Leg press, hack squats, free weight squats. single leg curl, leg curl, stiff leg deadlifts
    Day 3: off
    Day 4: Shoulders/triceps: Military press, side laterals, front raises, bent over laterals. Close grip press, push downs, skullcrushers
    Day 5: Back: Deadlifts, barbell rows, cable rows, pulldowns, weighted pullups with wide grip
    Day 6-7: off

There you go kid, and formulate a diet. I can't hold your hand the whole time. Start reading all the info you can on diet, training etc from every where. Forget the Arnold encyc. thats old news
    Last edited by Reed; 08-09-2010 at 12:11 AM.

Hey, thanks man! Thats great! I'll definently be putting this to good work. Hey, who knows? maybe one day, i'll post some before and after pictures myself. Thanks man. World needs more people like you.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Good luck kid. Take the advice that our site has given you. Unfortunatly as Big said, you are not old enough to be a member here. After your account is suspended or banned, please go to our other site for more great info:
    www.probodybuilding.com

Lol, no hard feelings! Thanks guys! Good luck to all you guys too!

And next time, use a more positive user name :] You have all the potential to reach your goals.

G4R
    Thank you, and we really appreciate your attitude as well. Its nice to get a reasonable younger person such as yourself in here every now and then.

^^true that.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I graduated at 125 lbs. Shut the **** up and eat if you really give a shit and train hard. You have nothing to bitch about. Life has not handed you bad cards. Remove the pu$$y son.

Lol, aight Cherrydipper. My bad. Cya guys! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper;5302***
    I graduated at 125 lbs. Shut the **** up and eat if you really give a shit and train hard. You have nothing to bitch about. Life has not handed you bad cards. Remove the pu$$y son.
    there was absolute no need for this comment. very uninviting, immature, and to me and experiences in the past can cause someone to go in the opposite direction we want.

G4R
    Wow... was that really neccessary?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    next time actually read the entire thread and comprehend the direction it's going, if you can't contribute, don't post.

Damn, that brought the mood down. We get one valuable member who actually listens and takes our advice and you shove it right in his face. Low blow dude.

james_trudee is offline Junior Member
    I'm 20 and regret starting steroid use . I'd highly recommend waiting to atleast 23-25 when your more mature about training/diet.

Steroids arn't magical, theres a lot of work involved. You shouldn't be taking them because your insecure with your girl issues and you feel small. Your still young and theres plenty growing left in you. Just start training with weights and a proper diet.

I really hope theres not somebody out there offering 16 yr old teens gear. It would probablly be fake.

Blog Entries
    Ok I guess that was my bad. I only read the first post so ehh

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Ok I guess that was my bad. I only read the first post so ehh
    Even still. See how I handled the situation. Much more inviting and people are willing to listen if you open up to them not diss them, that can cause someone to become to defensive, shut down, and miss out on all types of valuable info.

Show others you are understanding, mature, and willing to help. Not a asshole

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Even still. See how I handled the situation. Much more inviting and people are willing to listen if you open up to them not diss them, that can cause someone to become to defensive, shut down, and miss out on all types of valuable info.

Show others you are understanding, mature, and willing to help. Not a asshole
    It struck a nerve with me that people out there think life has handed them a bad wrap and aas is the only way out of it or they'll kill themselves. Thats what I got from that first post. Yes I was an asshole but some people need to hear the real shit to snap out of their pity party. I've been guilty of running that pity party myself and tough love has at times been the best medicine for me. But I concede that in light of the helpful posts that followed I was out of line and reacted inappropriately.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It sounds like you are looking in the right direction after being pointed to diet. They are all 100% correct. There are to many reasons to go into right now on why NOT to do steroids at your age or anyone under 25. There are severe physical complications due to hormonal changes and the short term gains dont even come close to the long term losses.

Once you learn what to eat, when to eat you can change your body quickly and 100% healthy. You will be glad you did and wont suffer any of the risks or side effects the other guys go through.

Good luck and keep your head up. Trust me, no matter how bad anyone thinks they have it there is always someone who has had it worse and had pulled them self up and out.

^^ And I agree tough love is well needed in this world. And I have my far share of moments.

Hell if anyone is going to be a asshole around here it'd be me. I've been contest dieting for 25 weeks now, won a show with straight 1s eight weeks ago, had another show yesterday completely bombed in the morning for prejudging and came in flat and smooth, didn't even begin to fill out to the night show and am now carb depleting into my last show this coming saturday. Combine that with anabolics and well you get the picture

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    ^^ And I agree tough love is well needed in this world. And I have my far share of moments.

Hell if anyone is going to be a asshole around here it'd be me. I've been contest dieting for 25 weeks now, won a show with straight 1s eight weeks ago, had another show yesterday completely bombed in the morning for prejudging and came in flat and smooth, didn't even begin to fill out to the night show and am now carb depleting into my last show this coming saturday. Combine that with anabolics and well you get the picture
    We are all shedding a tear for you.
    16 is a rough time in life. OK 13 - 19, hormones are all out of whack. One day/minute you will feel like everything is falling apart and the next day/minute you are on top of the world (sounds like most women... )

It will get better and even out... until you find your first love, then youre fvcked again. LOL

313frog is offline New Member
    Listen man, follow everyone's advice on here and you'll be good to go. There is so much training knowledge here it's ridiculous. Start eating and lifting and update us on your progress. The future is yours man, go get some.

Thread Information