snowfox is offline Associate Member

The nasty sides of aromatization. AI's the solution?

I want to run a cycle of test e at 500mg's a week, but I want to keep estrogen low so to keep the sides from too much estrogen to a minimum. I'm very susceptible to water retention, higher blood pressure and holding on to fat.

I bought some arimidex but I need to balance the dosage as to keep some estrogen floating around...otherwise I will not benefit from the positive side of estrogen, i.e. optimal muscle growth, better immune system, better HDL/LDL ratio.

I'm thinking about taking .25mg's or .50mg's EOD as arimidex has a very long half life. But would this dosage regimen be enough to minimize the sides, especially water retention? .50mg's is very similar to 1mg in inhibiting the aromatase enzyme, so that might be overkill.

Any advice/suggestions are very very welcome as I have no previous experience with AI's.

sixey is offline Associate Member
    start at a very low dose and slowly work your way up as needed. you def dont want to completely annihilate your estro, any reason why you chose adex over aromasin ?

newbjuicer10 is offline Associate Member
    Start at .25mg eod and increase if needed.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Aromasin is way better than Adex in every way.

Well I hear that aromasin is better a lot. But for which reason? I also hear a lot of people saying that adex is fine. And what's so bad about adex to take the edge off, i.e. water retention if I were only to take .25mg eod?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Aromasin acts quicker, is easy on your lipids, doesn't dry out your joints and mess with your libido, effectively lowers E1 and E2 without crushing them, can't cause estrogen rebound, can be used during PCT... the list goes on and on.

nilrac is offline Member
    I've been using adex with success. No libido problems at all, quite the contrary.
    it's up to you which particular AI you use, but I would definitely recommend using one!

There are many choices regarding AI's. I already bought adex. I would just like to know what dosage is both effective and safe (not reducing estrogen too much). I'll just go with .25mg's EOD as many people reccomend as it's the lowest dosage from what I understand.

nilrac is offline Member
    You can take any specific dose if it is in research liquid form. Alot of guys have the tablet form so dosing isn't as variable.

I've been taking 0.25mg EOD mostly, however, I ramped it up to 0.50mg at one point in the cycle as sides were becoming more prominent (moonface etc). Just listen to your body and keep an eye out for sides then gauge it yourself. Obviously don't take too much.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfox View Post
    There are many choices regarding AI's. I already bought adex. I would just like to know what dosage is both effective and safe (not reducing estrogen too much). I'll just go with .25mg's EOD as many people reccomend as it's the lowest dosage from what I understand.
    if your very prone to e2 sides like me, run it as soon as you start your first pin, dont wait for the sides to come. Usually takes about a week to fully work for me.

Ferdinand is offline Associate Member
    Also running Adex at .5 mg eod on cycles and libido is actually better then on cycles ive run without it. With same AAS!

nilrac is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    if your very prone to e2 sides like me, run it as soon as you start your first pin, dont wait for the sides to come. Usually takes about a week to fully work for me.
    Yeah definitely. For me it was my first cycle so I was waiting to see how I reacted to the compound. For my second cycle I will definitely start the adex with the first pin.

Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    Adex was the suggestion to me, .25 mL every three days. I do every 3.5 days (twice a week) so far so good.

Do AI's actually assist with burning fat? I've read somewhere that estrogen plays a big role in storing fat. So my undereducated guess would be that lower estrogen levels and higher androgen levels would assist a little bit in controling fat...of course with proper diet and cardio. Could this be the case?

I know beta 2 agonists and t3/t4 are better choices, tough I don't intend to loose a lot of weight, but just controling it.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by snowfox View Post
    I want to run a cycle of test e at 500mg's a week, but I want to keep estrogen low so to keep the sides from too much estrogen to a minimum. I'm very susceptible to water retention, higher blood pressure and holding on to fat.

I bought some arimidex but I need to balance the dosage as to keep some estrogen floating around...otherwise I will not benefit from the positive side of estrogen, i.e. optimal muscle growth, better immune system, better HDL/LDL ratio.

I'm thinking about taking .25mg's or .50mg's EOD as arimidex has a very long half life. But would this dosage regimen be enough to minimize the sides, especially water retention? .50mg's is very similar to 1mg in inhibiting the aromatase enzyme, so that might be overkill.

Any advice/suggestions are very very welcome as I have no previous experience with AI's.

You wont need a big dosage. Low to moderate will keep you in check for most
    cycles..depending the AI used.

Thread Information