jaglar is offline New Member

Question Nolvadex dosage during 1st cycle

I am about to start my first AAS cycle (at least that I knew of). I am 33 yrs old, 6'2", 200 lbs. My body fat is 10%. I have been lifting since I was I was 20. I did use Andro and 19-Nor back when it was legal when I was 23 or so, but no idea then it was pretty much AAS. I am going to be running 500 mg/wk of Cyp for 8 wks and wks 1-4 20 mg/day dbol . My PCT consists of Nolva, HCG , and Aromasin for 6 wks using Pinnacle's PCT sticky. My question is, should I run Nolva from day 1, and if so, how much? I was thinking 5-10 mg would be enough, but please critique. Also, would it be beneficial to run HCG during cycle as well? If so, what would be the added benefits and how much?

wormwood is offline Associate Member
    5-10 mg is not enough. 20 minimum. What do you mean by "day one"? When did you plan on starting PCT? And, personally, I'd run the CYP for at least 10 weeks. Actually, I'd run it for 12.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I'd run the cyp for at least 10 weeks, maybe even 12.

Your dbol dose is on the low side, but may still be somewhat effective.

I prefer to use HCG ON cycle, and use SERMS (nolva, clomid) for PCT.

You may not need a SERM on cycle.

If you have any ERSE, I'd prefer to use an AI.

Quote Originally Posted by wormwood View Post
    5-10 mg is not enough. 20 minimum. What do you mean by "day one"? When did you plan on starting PCT? And, personally, I'd run the CYP for at least 10 weeks. Actually, I'd run it for 12.
    During my PCT I will be running 20 mg/day of Nolva, but figured 10 mg should be enough to keep gyno away. If not, I will run 20 then too. When I stated day 1, meaning day 1 of my AAS cycle. I have read several articles, and see that anything over 8 wks you lose effectiveness of the AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    I'd run the cyp for at least 10 weeks, maybe even 12.

Your dbol dose is on the low side, but may still be somewhat effective.

I prefer to use HCG ON cycle, and use SERMS (nolva, clomid) for PCT.

You may not need a SERM on cycle.

If you have any ERSE, I'd prefer to use an AI.
    What mg would you suggest running dbol?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    30-40mg

Ok, so I think I have figured out my AAS cycle and PCT. Pinning 500mg/wk of Cyp and 40 mg of dbol for the first 4 weeks of my 8 week cycle. Now, I do have one variation I am considering, I would like to lean out about midway through my cycle. I was considering adding anavar at week 4 and beyond. Is this a good idea or not? If so, if I am running Cyp only 8 weeks, how long should I run the Var and at what dosage?

Anyone??

SomeLiveForTheBill is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaglar View Post
    Ok, so I think I have figured out my AAS cycle and PCT. Pinning 500mg/wk of Cyp and 40 mg of dbol for the first 4 weeks of my 8 week cycle. Now, I do have one variation I am considering, I would like to lean out about midway through my cycle. I was considering adding anavar at week 4 and beyond. Is this a good idea or not? If so, if I am running Cyp only 8 weeks, how long should I run the Var and at what dosage?
    I'm looking into a similar cycle myself (1st cycle), but if you are kick-starting with dbol , then you should probably hold off on the Var. Just buy some more Cyp and extend that cycle to 12 weeks with the d-bol kickstart. Or ditch the dbol, buy extra cyp and bring in Var week 5. Needs to be a longer cycle to accomplish all which you are wanting to accomplish IMHO.

I was thinking the same, but wanted another opinion. So, if I stuck with just the dbol and 8 wk cycle, what would be a good way to cut afterwards aside from a lean diet?

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I began to run Nolva midway through a Test c/Deca cycle (due to gyno paranoia and 15% BF) and had some pretty bad erection problems. Dropped it immediately and started Proviron 100 mg a day. Problem solved, but a couple of days later had some itching nipples. I think it was a bit of a rebound from the Nolva. From my limited experience I would NOT do the Nolva unless you started to exhibit gyno symptoms. Proviron/Test is great IMHO!!

Thread Information