EazyE3o5 is offline New Member

Please provide advice on diet/aas/routine

Hello all. New member here. I find the website very informative - kudos to those who run it. I also find that most members will gladly provide their humble opinions - thank you to those members.

I have been reading this website for over 3 hours and feel overwhelmed with information. I can read this website for a week straight and probably not cover it all. Unfortunately, I don't have that amount of time.

I am hoping some of the members will provide their humble opinions as to how I should move forward - when I say move forward, I mean diet, cardio & weight training routine (within an hour and a half), and possible AAS/PCT use. I'm trying to lose weight and get better definition/leaner muscle, period. I am not interesting in adding mass. I'm 5'9", 220 lbs. I would like to get down to a healthier weight for my height and build, around 200 - adding mass is not an option.

I finished graduate school 5 months ago and weighed 242 lbs at the time. I reacquainted myself with the gym at that time and stuck to a 50-60 min cardio only routine until about a month and a half ago, when I cut cardio to 40 mins and started light/repititious lifting. I currently weigh 220. Cardio = 2 miles in 20 mins on the treadmill, plus 20 mins of stair climber or eliptical machine. Weight training = chest/tri (day 1), back/bi (day 2), shoulders/traps (day 3), legs (day 4). Abs most days. When I say light/repititious lifting, I'm talking about weight I can do 12-15 times, then 10 to 12 times, then 8 times, and then a burn set where I do the first weight as many times as I can.

The reason I found this website today is because I, ummm, was gifted some oil based winny and was researching it. I am leaning towards another winny-only cycle (6 weeks max, 1 ML every other day). I have read most of the veteran opinions on winny only cycles - they suck 'goat D' was one of the opinions I remember. However, I'd like opinions as to a winny-only cycle specific to my situation. My stats are below, and I've attached the only recent picture I have that shows my body.

So...if you would be so kind as to provide opinions on diet, cardio/weight training routine, and AAS/PCT use specific to my situation, I would appreciate it. Still too fat, lose more weight first? If I do a winny only cycle, what should I take DURING and AFTER (same if you suggest another AAS)? More weight, less reps? More cardio? Stick to cardio for now? Most importantly, diet help, please. I know I should eat more, and more often, than I currently do (altho I lose weight fine with my current diet). Again, any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 220
    BF%: I'm not sure, will check at the gym tomorrow. Online BF calculator had me between 14% to 19%, depending on the waist/hip measurements I entered (I can't accurately measure myself at this time as I can't find a damn tape measure).
    Cycle Exp: About 8 years ago, I did tes+winny for about 4 or 5 weeks, more or less. I'm naturally stocky and did not like the bloated look I got from this cycle. Around 4 years ago, I did a winny only cycle for only 4 weeks. I enjoyed the progress I was making (lost weight, harder muscle - based on some posts by veteran members, this could be attributed to an increase in workout activity and better dieting and not the winny, but I imagine it was a combination of all of those factors). I stopped both cycles because I would see results rather quickly and go out and party with chicks and drink too much, which made me feel like death.
    PCT Knowledge: I forgot the name of the PCT I took after the tes+winny cycle but I think it was Nolvadex . Nothing after winny only cycle.
    Training Exp: Athlete since I was very young. High school football & basketball player. Tendency to gain weight when I am inactive.
    Diet: Breakfast 9:00 am - Special K with skim milk; Lunch, 1:00 pm - turkey & swiss on wheat bread, cottage cheese w/ fruit cup, maybe another cup of Special K and skim milk - often times, a foot-long teriyaki chicken sub on wheat from Subway; Dinner, 9:00 pm - chicken salad. In between meals, I'll have one or two slim fast shakes.

That's it. Again, thanks to anyone who helps me out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please provide advice on diet/aas/routine-diet-2.jpg  

When I say "weight I can do 12-15 times, then 10 to 12 times, then 8 times, and then a burn set where I do the first weight as many times as I can," what I mean is that I'll start at a weight I can push 12-15 times, then increase slightly to a weight I can do 10 to 12 times, then increase slightly to a weight I can do 8 times, then go down to slightly less than the weight I first started with and push out as many as I can.

Also, I'd like to clarify my preference of not adding mass. I'd like to build lean muscle - I am not very defined right now. I have been defined before but that was when I was younger and went from slim to defined. Now I'm trying to finish the process of going from fat to defined. I also think I need to weigh less, PERIOD, in order to be healthier overall.

LOL Also, I'm leaning towards running a mile or two first thing in the morning in addition to going to the gym in the afternoon. I heard this is the best time to do some cardio in order to lose weight. Should this be a daily thing? Should I do the gym routine 4 or 5 days a week? Just some more questions that cross my mind...

Neevor is offline Associate Member
    First thing first, when you want to change something in a post or a comment you wrote, use the edit button instead of reposting.

Secondly, when I'm dieting I find getting up and running first thing before I eat bfast to be very helpful. Then I lift in the evenings and maybe do a little more cardio if I have the energy. Remember running is just supplementing calorie burning after weights so you should always train weights if you can and then if you have more energy do cardio. Weights burns more energy than cardio so if you find yourself waking up and running and then too tired to lift in the evenings after work, lift in the mornings.

As far as using any aas. I'd get your bodyfat down a piece but thats just me. We'll see what others think. I will say that win isnt gonna do you a whole lot of good at your current body fat other than make you more aggresive in the gym. You'd definately be better off using something else, once you get your body fat down naturally.

Just for an example I went back with the "edit button" next to the "quote" button and added this sentences.
    Last edited by Neevor; 08-18-2010 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks Neevor, I appreciate the advice.

Can I delete posts? I'd like to edit my first post to include the subsequent posts, but I can't seem to find a delete button.

Sector is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EazyE3o5 View Post

I have been reading this website for over 3 hours and feel overwhelmed with information. I can read this website for a week straight and probably not cover it all. Unfortunately, I don't have that amount of time.
    This is not the attitude you need to have. Working out and having a certain bodytype is a lifestyle and results occur over a period of time and dedication. AAS really isnt the solution to losing fat, diet and cardio is. AAS can help but not before you have those two things down. Why rush something like this? Your risking your health to acheive gains otherwise not possible so would you rather run headfirst into it and half ass it leading to less gains and more health risks? Or would you rather take the time to learn and get the MOST out of your cycle possible with the least risk to your health because you took the time to walk before you ran?

I have had my gear for 3 months now, I am itching to get started. However, I realized there was more to learn and safety precautions to take. I felt I was ready 6 weeks ago and almost started. Too bad my BF test resulted in 18%. Once again I post poned in order to cut down to a safe BF to use gear with. Now im trying my best to wait until im 24 even though the BF is probly 15% now.

The point im trying to make ( although im rambling a bit ) is dont rush something like this. Would you meet a girl and move in with her the next day? didnt think so, take the time to learn the ins and outs and prepare yourself both mentaly and physically before you dive into another Cycle.
    Last edited by Sector; 08-18-2010 at 11:00 AM.

You're right, Sector. I'm obviously impatient, which is not a good idea in this situation. I'm leaning towards shelving the gear and cutting down on bf before even reconsidering the gear.

I need a little help with diet. I admit I don't know much about real dieting - it seems counter-intuitive to eat more, more times a day in order to lose weight/bf.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Not considering everything else, you've only recently started working out again. 5 months isn't anything when it comes to gym time. If you went ahead with a cycle in the near future, you'd surely end up with an injury. Muscles grow much faster than tendons and ligaments.

The fact that you are here asking for advice is good, but you need to do some work before you start considering AAS.

BTW...are you from Miami?

For the sake of argument, I'd assume I wouldn't have problems with tendons and ligaments on a winny-only cycle as the anabolic effects are minimal, no? Again, I'm leaning towards cutting more bf before even considering aas.

Yes, I'm from Miami.

For the sake of argument, I'd assume I wouldn't have problems with tendons and ligaments on a winny-only cycle as the anabolic effects are minimal, no? Again, I'm leaning towards cutting more bf before even considering aas.

Yes, I'm from Miami.
    Actually Win is spectulated to be one of the worst for tendon issues..

Sector is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neevor View Post
    Actually Win is spectulated to be one of the worst for tendon issues..
    This. Majority of people who have used Winny reported sore joints and tendons become brittle and weak. However, im just parroting info so I would wait for somebody with some personal experience to post.

I've run win 3 times but always with other injectable compounds. I've never run across any joint pain, but all the reports that I've heard on joint pain were people who ran it by itself...

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    winny/test kills my joints, I don't even use winny any longer for that reason.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member

Yes, I'm from Miami.
    You're missing the point I was trying to make. Your body is not ready to support the weight and size you would put on from using AAS. It's also not ready to support the kind of workouts you'd be doing while on AAS.

5 months simply isn't enough time to get your body acclimated to moving around that kind of weight.

Furthermore, a winny only cycle is a terrible idea. Work on your diet, put in some real time at the gym, do more research, work on your discipline. Reconsider AAS in a year or so.
    Last edited by Nooomoto; 08-19-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Thread Information