DerrikT is offline Junior Member

Missing the muscle whilst injecting

I'm not saying I've done this or even know how hard it would actually be to miss but I just want to know and before anyone asks, no i'm not actively injecting in this manner

Say for instance, you push the needle in but it doesn't go straight in, but instead diagonally and misses the muscle and stays in tissue closer to the skin

How would you know if you'd injected in this region and what would happen if you did?

themoreyouknow is offline Associate Member
    i guess you wouldn't, unless you're injecting a lot of cc's...but you can inject aas IM or sub q

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by themoreyouknow View Post
    i guess you wouldn't, unless you're injecting a lot of cc's...but you can inject aas IM or sub q
    very little absorbtion sub Q... waste of gear.

to the OP, if you go in at that severe and angle, you might as well pull out and start again...

It all goes back to cycling at an appropriate bodyfat %, you shouldnt have to go very far in to hit mucle, we just go deper to give the gear more muscle to absorb into. Best way to think about it is to aim for where you think the bone is.. you wont hit it unless you are way to skinny and using a 2" pin, but it will keep you from going "diagonal"

Atomini is offline Banned
    You would have to be injecting at like a 20 degree angle for something like that to happen, lol.

But this did happen to me by accident. I did it by mistake on my very very first shot of my very very first cycle. It wasn't on an angle but I didn't push tne needle deep enough and I think some of it (maybe half) went into subcutaneous fat. I used test cyp and though it was a little uncomfortable (felt like a lump there), it absorbed. I think the test took longer to kick in because of that though due to possibly slower absorbtion, but otherwise all went well.

I'm not too worried cos when I tense the area it's virtually 100% solid muscle

I just feel like, because I struggle to reach the glute area (as in my other post) I might be accidentally going in 'diagonal' as it were - big muscle area, no fat = not much chance of missing

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by DerrikT View Post
    I'm not too worried cos when I tense the area it's virtually 100% solid muscle

I just feel like, because I struggle to reach the glute area (as in my other post) I might be accidentally going in 'diagonal' as it were - big muscle area, no fat = not much chance of missing
    you should be injecting from the side, not from behind... fom the side you should not have a chance to go too much off angle

spot injections dot com

I am injecting from the side, towards the top

PistolStarta is offline Senior Member
    I injected too far to the side of my right quad and somehow shanked it in between the muscles. (I guess quad and hammy) and it bent in my leg and burned like hell. Never did that again always went an inch closer to the inner thigh than I though.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    very little absorbtion sub Q... waste of gear.

to the OP, if you go in at that severe and angle, you might as well pull out and start again...

It all goes back to cycling at an appropriate bodyfat %, you shouldnt have to go very far in to hit mucle, we just go deper to give the gear more muscle to absorb into. Best way to think about it is to aim for where you think the bone is.. you wont hit it unless you are way to skinny and using a 2" pin, but it will keep you from going "diagonal"
    not entirely true, plenty of studies have shown IM vs sub-q absorption rates are practically the same.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    not entirely true, plenty of studies have shown IM vs sub-q absorption rates are practically the same.
    Agreed. They both absorb practically 100%. Where else would the gear end up, but in your bloodstream?

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was curious about subq or IM injections..the bayer and pfizer papers on their test c and e say to inject IM...the bayer paper says "like all oily solutions, Primo must my injected IM"....i know water based injections SC absorb, or at least spread out in +- an hour...how long do oil based injections take to absorb or disperse under the skin?

Thread Information