200gamblr is offline Junior Member

Pec tear and Gear

Gents - I have a mild tear in my left pec that I did some time ago, yet every time I seem to hit the incline chest press hard I need 2-3 weeks to recover from the pain. To make matters worse on my right pec I was born with out a "pectoral major" (funny huh?? ) which causes me to lean towards the right when i'm on flat bench. Over the years I've had, Test Enanthate , Sus 250, Equipose (crap dont take it just makes you fat) and HGH. At some points it has improved to the point where I haven't had any pain but I cant remember what I was taking at the time (prob the HGH but I could be wrong). Mid cycle on the gear and diet my chest looks great. (can upload photos if you want) Any way I'm thinking about hitting another cycle and would like to know if any one knows what gear will help repair the muscle (if any?) or if any one has had a similar problem or if I am just F'd all together. I've read so many conflicting stories about what to use and what not to use, I don't know what to believe. Stats if it makes a diff 27yrs, 175cm, 80Kgs, 13% body fat.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    how the hell were you born without a pec major??? Do you have poland syndrome?

NMacFar is offline Member

The answer to your question is none. The issue you have is that when you tore the muscle and continued to work it you developed scar tissue. After repeated reinjury you have formed even more scar tissue. Scar tissue is not strong, and is easily torn. When you start loading up the affected muscle you tear the scar tissue, and probably some new muscle tissue to which the scar tissue has adhered.

You need to properly rehab this muscle or it will never resolve. HGH may help, as it has great healing abilities. However, your primary modality should be to rest the area, take NSAIs (Ibuprofen, etc.), ice the area several times a day (20 minutes on, 30 minutes off), and as long as it is not flared up you can use some ultrasound. Ultrasound will break down the scar tissue, similar to a cortisone shot, but not as destructive to the body. You can buy a home unit for like $250. Use it three times a day for the first week, once a day for weeks 2 and 3, take week 4 off. Run through that cycle twice and you will see a dramatic improvement. If you need more info PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    how the hell were you born without a pec major??? Do you have poland syndrome?
    Yea I know - funny isn't it?? Poland Sydndrome? F me no its not that bad. Its only visible if your really paying attention to the shape of the right pec v the left pec. It does cause my shoulder on the right to be a little lower than the left though.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Visit the injury rehab section. I think there are a few threads on tears in there.

Big where are you???
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-19-2010 at 04:43 AM.

Lifeguard102 is offline Associate Member
    My man Fossil Fuel is in this boat too.
    Hope you get well .
    Try some GH or Igf both have a rep to inc recovery.

Thanks for the advice gents - I'll start another cycle of GH (sitropin) with some Test E and or Trenebole accetate and get back to you on the improvement (or lack there of)

Thread Information