dieseljimmy is offline Associate Member

hpta and cycle length

I know the common lodgic is to avoid long cycles due to hpta damage. Cycles should be 8-16 weeks with equal time off...etc.
    But I am wondering which would cause more hpta damage
    1. One long cycles a year.
    2. Three or four shorter cycles per year.
    I would think that the process of starting and stopping hpta process would be more damaging then allowing prolonged hpta shutdown.
    The reason I ask is my last cycles where longer (6 monthes) and I felt better during pct and after pct then when I was running 10-12 week cycles. I recently got my blood done 8 weeks after a 6 month cycle(1 gram combined aas- 2gram combined aas week) and my test levels were lower but not by much- it was like 10 percent less. which could be natural variation.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    no, the whole point behind cycling many times is to allow it to recover faster. The longer its shutdown the harder to recover.

think of it like those video games where your powerbar keeps going down but when you dont receive damage it recovers... but when you run it right out, its done...

kind of the same thing but not always as harsh. Ive cycled a long cycle but still prefer shorter cycles to recover faster

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    It really depends what you are doing and what you are taking. I used to be a fan of short test prop based cycles 8 wks, the 4 wk PCT or so then 2 wks off then back on for example. Now Im more inclined to longer test e based cycles with tapering test e gradually back to 250mg/wk and then coasting on that for 6 wks or so to normalize cortisol and other "out of whack" hormones, then either back on or PCT then some time off. I try to use hcg periodically. With the longer esters strength always seems to starts coming like week 8 or 9 or 10 and basically the AAS will be dropped in weeks 10-12 so kind of pisses me off. So you asking about 16 weekers makes good sense.

There is alot of talk about recovery and stuff, but after a point we must remember 2 things: 1) Even if endogenous testosterone production is back to 100% it will be hard to maintain your mass and strength and 2) Regardless of what you do (even if you never touch AAS/test) testosterone levels decline with age

Just my thoughts..
    Last edited by powerliftmike; 08-25-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"

Spartans09 is offline Member
    Multiple short cycles require you to pump a shytload off pct drugs through your system over the coarse of a year. These are not the healthiest of compounds when you add it up over 2,5 or 10 years.

wormwood is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartans09 View Post
    Multiple short cycles require you to pump a shytload off pct drugs through your system over the coarse of a year. These are not the healthiest of compounds when you add it up over 2,5 or 10 years.
    Great point

awms is offline Senior Member
    I have a better idea that would make alot more sens then both scenarios...what about two medium cycles a year with longer lay offs? this would make the most sens.

example would be two 10-12 weeks cycles with 12-14 weeks in beetween?

awms is offline Senior Member
    I have a relative who use to cycle on and off but his lay off time was prob only 6-8 weeks in between...some times 4 weeks and he did this for about 3 years. Not smart but now he hasnt done a cycle in about 2 years and he seems to be fine....test is normal and every thing! mind you he is only 28 so this might not work for somone a littler older.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartans09 View Post
    Another good point as noted above. Actually its less toxic and usually even cheaper to coast on test than do a PCT lol

Atomini is offline Banned
    WHo says if you do short cycles you need to cycle like 3-4 times a year?

I am firm on my stance that cycles should be as short as possible. I do 8-10 weekers, and I always leave at least 3-4 months of a break inbetween cycles before doing anything again. I average about 2 cycles a year. Maybe just 1 most of the time.

Not everyone who does short cycles jumps back onto another one 2 weeks after their PCT is over...

Thread Information