Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Undercover is offline Associate Member

Exclamation HIV wasting + UC = HELL

I've been away from the forums for quite a while now, mainly because I've been sick.

It all started one day when I was constipated. I started losing weight quickly and noticed blood in my stool. Long story short, I was diagnosed with UC and then later on with HIV. Since then, I've been wasting like crazy and lost about 55 lbs in total. I went from an averagely buff guy to a stick.

I have an appointment on Saturday with my doctor and I need some advice from you guys. My wasting will be enough to convince my doctor to put me on some kind of steroids . I'm just wondering if any of you here has had problems with either UC or HIV and how you've delt with it. Just imagine dropping 55 lbs in 3 months to know how devasted I am.

One more thing, in case my doctor gives me something crappy (doctors don't know everything). I know I'm still 21 and should be looking to gain muscle naturally, but that's almost impossible with my current immune system and I need muscle if I want to live longer anyway.

Any help from the more experienced guys about what kind of cycle I should be aiming for would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to any other replies as well.
    Last edited by Undercover; 09-23-2010 at 06:42 AM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    so sorry to hear this--
    perhaps asking the hgh forum too might help you also to find out if hgh would help you eventhough you are only 21... but your conditions might prove you need it regardless of your age and some guys may have some experience here--I think I read somewhere around here that it does help--- -GOOD LUCK!

Thanks i'll be sure to check that out if I don't get enough replies here. Aside from the weight loss, I'm feel completely fine all the time even though I have both UC and advanced AIDS. It's just amazing how far staying positive can get you.

Atomini is offline Banned
    You've got more important things to worry about than putting on muscle. It's a given you need some form of AAS to alleviate the weight loss associated with your condition. Any doctor who denies this to you is an idiot. Focus on getting proper treatment before worrying about anything else.

BennyLom is offline Associate Member
    You are just 21 years old and diagnosed with HIV/AIDS? That is really sad to hear man.
    He will likely put you on steroids and assuming its your doctor for HIV/AIDS then he should be educated on dosing and so forth. To be on the safe side, do your research on Test and Deca and make sure you understand half times, typical dosages for your condition (should be plenty of studies containing HIV+ males, many of them possibly referenced in the AAS profiles on this site) and injection intervals so that you can make an educated argument if he tells you to take one shot every month and you know you need it at least every week.

TRT2010 is offline Member
    rreally sorry to hear that brother. My friends mom when she was like in her 20's got HIV from bad blood the hospital gave her in 1983-84 from a blood tranfusion and my aunt just got a blood transfusion from knee surgery and got Hep C from it.

CoolStroybro is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRT2010 View Post
    rreally sorry to hear that brother. My friends mom when she was like in her 20's got HIV from bad blood the hospital gave her in 1983-84 from a blood tranfusion and my aunt just got a blood transfusion from knee surgery and got Hep C from it.
    You are not in the US , are you?

in the us.. Both got the blood for a Hospital around the Boston area

SuperBird is offline Associate Member
    i admire your drive to fight back and win a healthier life.
    Last edited by SuperBird; 08-20-2010 at 08:22 PM.

well said superbird. very sensere

well said superbird. very sensere

Quote Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
    I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and then later on with HIV. Since then, I've been wasting like crazy

I'm just wondering if any of you here has had problems with either UC or HIV and how you've delt with it.
    I have advanced AIDS.
    I keep reading back over this, something just drives me to read it again and again.

does your doctor tell you that you have HIV or Advanced AIDS? because they are two totally and completely different things. its like the flu and pneumonia. and you should clearly know which is it you have. I could look at you and tell myself if i had to decide between the two. and there is no such thing as HIV wasting, unless your not medicating or eating.

your first couple entries say you have HIV which no one could look at you and tell. there are many boxers and basketball players with HIV, many athletes.

there are no athletes with advanced aids. if you have advanced aids youre not getting out of bed today. im curious. i would like to know more.

when were you diagnosed? which is it you were diagnosed with?
    Last edited by SuperBird; 08-19-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Last edited by Undercover; 09-23-2010 at 06:44 AM. Reason: pr

ok, well you said at first HIV, and most with just HIV you would never know. as i say like Magic Johnson, have you seen him lately, playing basketball everyday, built nice and heavy, healthy as hell looking. and hes buying teams, hes managing and living a better life than me. but then you said advanced AIDs and that makes a leap. thats why i asked you which you had. because i have serious interest in your questions and thread. and to interact with you.
    Last edited by SuperBird; 08-20-2010 at 08:23 PM.

zoltans4 is offline Junior Member
    You need to get your viral load undercontrol. You shouldn't be worrying about the gym and should be on some complimentary medicine forums looking for more you can be doing to contain your viral load not worried about AAS right now. Also appetite is often a reason for wasting, how is your appetite?
    HIV is a virus, AIDS is the advanced cause of HIV. Having HIV on todays cocktails isn't too bad, im sure you would have no problem obtaining your goals. AIDS is a different story, I hope your test comes out with more favorable numbers.

NMacFar is offline Member
    this happened in Boston? WTF?

Lifeguard102 is offline Associate Member
    hgh is indicated for wasting disease right?
    I think patients receive 18 iu ED.
    This is not a typo.
    I have read a lot about this .
    Not bc I have HIV just from curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBird View Post
    ok, well you said at first HIV, and most with just HIV you would never know. as i say like Magic Johnson, have you seen him lately, playing basketball everyday, built nice and heavy, healthy as hell looking. and hes buying teams, hes managing and living a better life than me. but then you said advanced AIDs and that makes a leap. thats why i asked you which you had. because i have serious interest in your questions and thread. and to interact with you.

the reason is i suffer from 2 diseases also that i acquired in 1999 that are closely parallel to yours. thats kinda why im informed about certain things ive posted about.

and things like this make you and me have to fight harder for things. do a lot more studying and testing and questions questions questions. so i get kinda critical when i read related posts, that i have to read twice. i'll PM ya.
    It's fine, thanks for the PM.

And yeah, my appetite is back to normal if not better. Even when I was losing weight quickly, I still managed to eat around 3000kcal a day but I still lost ALOT. I'm now eating anything I could get my hands on and still not gaining. I was skinny 2 years ago before I started working out and I got to where I was eating right so I know my diet isn't off.

AIDS wasting shouldn't be a problem if my viral load goes to undetectable and my CD4 goes up so I'm not worried about that. I'm confindent the meds I'm taking will get me there in 2 months time if not less. I'm not looking to gain muscle mass just to look better or to compete. Muscles are a real lifesaver in diseases like that. I would have been far worse if I wasn't working out and eating right for 2 years before it happened, so AAS should be part of my treatment right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeguard102 View Post
    This is not a typo.
    How fast would one expect to gain weight on a dose like that? How much lean muscle mass in 3 months for example?

Neevor is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeguard102 View Post
    This is not a typo.
    Seriously, lets not go positting theories on how much patients get if we dont know for sure. Certainly not if we dont have any experience with HGH okay? I mean, I know almost nothing about HGH at this point but I know that dosing yourself with 18IUs of HGH would cause so much joint pain it would be unbearable. Even in two injections for an experience body builder who had spent weeks ramping up that would be a lot.

OP, head over to the HGH forum for information on that subject please.

Quote Originally Posted by zoltans4 View Post
    You need to get your viral load undercontrol. You shouldn't be worrying about the gym and should be on some complimentary medicine forums looking for more you can be doing to contain your viral load not worried about AAS right now. Also appetite is often a reason for wasting, how is your appetite?
    HIV is a virus, AIDS is the advanced cause of HIV. Having HIV on todays cocktails isn't too bad, im sure you would have no problem obtaining your goals. AIDS is a different story, I hope your test comes out with more favorable numbers.
    He's not talking about the gym dude, he is talking about combating muscle wasting with AAS and wants to make sure his doc doesnt give him something silly like Anavar when he should be getting Anadrol (which by the way, they perscribe for wasting).

I'll see what my doctor says first before I head to the HGH forum. I'm not about to inject myself with anything out of desperation. From what I've read so far on wasting, testosterone is 'better' in terms of muscle mass for HIV/AIDS patients.

taboo-09 is offline Associate Member
    ive heard of alot of hiv. patients using testosterone , aswell as hgh, and raising the red blood cell counts. i would definetly look into it.

taboo-09 is offline Associate Member
    sorry about your situation bro.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I've been away from the forums for quite a while now, mainly because I've been sick.

It all started one day when I was constipated. I started losing weight quickly and noticed blood in my stool. Long story short, I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and then later on with HIV. Since then, I've been wasting like crazy and lost about 55 lbs in total. I went from an averagely buff guy to a stick.

I have an appointment on Saturday with my doctor and I need some advice from you guys. My wasting will be enough to convince my doctor to put me on some kind of steroids . I'm just wondering if any of you here has had problems with either UC or HIV and how you've delt with it. Just imagine dropping 55 lbs in 3 months to know how devasted I am.

One more thing, in case my doctor gives me something crappy (doctors don't know everything). I know I'm still 21 and should be looking to gain muscle naturally, but that's almost impossible with my current immune system and I need muscle if I want to live longer anyway.

Any help from the more experienced guys about what kind of cycle I should be aiming for would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to any other replies as well.
    Hey Im so sorry to hear this I will pray for you. Never truly give up hope. Don't let this break you. I know some people stay alive for many decades with the proper medication.

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    It's fine, thanks for the PM.

And yeah, my appetite is back to normal if not better. Even when I was losing weight quickly, I still managed to eat around 3000kcal a day but I still lost ALOT. I'm now eating anything I could get my hands on and still not gaining. I was skinny 2 years ago before I started working out and I got to where I was eating right so I know my diet isn't off.

AIDS wasting shouldn't be a problem if my viral load goes to undetectable and my CD4 goes up so I'm not worried about that. I'm confindent the meds I'm taking will get me there in 2 months time if not less. I'm not looking to gain muscle mass just to look better or to compete. Muscles are a real lifesaver in diseases like that. I would have been far worse if I wasn't working out and eating right for 2 years before it happened, so AAS should be part of my treatment right now.

I agree 100%

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys. Its kind of ironic how bodybuilders are one of the nicest people in this world lol...

My doctor wasn't around yesterday. She's pregnant and apparently she was having some complications. Now, I have to wait till tuesday. I'm worried she will say my meds will stop the wasting on their own and that muscle mass isn't necessary right now (which I know isn't true). How would one go about finding a doctor that would agree to it?

I live in Germany right now and the doctors here are really careful about everything...not sure they even prescribe steroids for treatment. If all else fails, I'll just have to buy some testosterone on my own I guess.

BEER WHORE is offline Member
    I was wondering if you r gay?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That hits close to home. I got Hep B from GIVING blood. The male nurse/RN was not changing gloves between patients and 2 weeks later. BAMN.

I can relate to the weight loss OP. I was 165+ lbs, lean but muscular, 27 and working out 5x a week for over 10 years. I went from 165 lbs to 125 in 2 weeks. DAMN I wish I knew or my doctors knew about steroids then.

There is a lot of information on the net Im sure and a couple scenes in Bigger Stronger Faster in regards to Aids wasting.

As said, most important find a good doctor. Research everything. I'm sure there are plenty of HIV forums out there also.

GymHero is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BEER WHORE View Post
    I was wondering if you r gay?
    Is that necessary?

BEER WHORE is offline Member
    I am just wondering cause I have not really heard of a straight guy getting HIV if he was having safe sex!

junkiescumbag is offline Banned
    its pretty easy to forget to rubber up. cant even remember the last time i did

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am just wondering cause I have not really heard of a straight guy getting HIV if he was having safe sex!
    You are kidding right? It does happen, rare but it does and there are plenty of babies born with HIV due to their mother having it.

I was hoping that maybe you just want to know ???? maybe because you are also. We have plenty of gay members here so I hope that is not an issue for you.

I hope this does not become a discussion and we can get past it now.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    You are kidding right? It does happen, rare but it does and there are plenty of babies born with HIV due to their mother having it.

I was hoping that maybe you just want to know ???? maybe because you are also. We have plenty of gay members here so I hope that is not an issue for you.

I hope so as well.

And no I didn't forget to rubber up. I still don't know how or when I got it but it's kind of pointless now.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Dude we could be driving and get hit by a mack truck on our way home from work. Life meets no one half way. Live your life as free and happy as possible. Wishing you the best.

wormwood is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolStroybro View Post
    You are not in the US , are you?
    Blood used in transfusions pre 1985 or so was not tested for HIV/AIDS. Blood is tested now but there is some that slips through, although it is EXTREMELY rare. My proffessor told us that it's to the tune of roughly one in a million batches are today infected with HIV/AIDS.

Who said he got it from having sex?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

Thank you lov

Its kind of ironic how bodybuilders are one of the nicest people in this world lol...
    lol! Why would it be ironic? because we eat so many babies and small children to obtain our super powers? yes, the child eating does give everyone the wrong impression...
    Last edited by Neevor; 08-22-2010 at 12:20 PM.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    sorry to hear brother, but man its great to hear you stay so positive about your condition!

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    UC I evny you, seriously! I have been consumed with the "why" after being hit by a drunk driver nearly 2 years ago. It has been such a difficult time for me `cuz of surgeries and on going PM/Therapy. I realize now after reading this thread that "why" truly does not matter. I can honestly say that hearing you, more specifically how you are dealing with your strife and your disposition has helped me.

Thank you, I'm sorry for your situation but you are dealing with this like a champ!

Quote Originally Posted by Neevor View Post
    lol! Why would it be ironic? because we eat so many babies and small children to obtain our super powers? yes, the child eating does give everyone the wrong impression...
    Hahaha well compared to the stereotype of your average steroid user. Everyone who knew about my willingless to start a steroid cycle (before my sickness) was like "why do you want to be one of those dumb macho idiots?". They have no idea.

Wow, thanks for the kind words again, and I never knew I could inspire or help someone deal with what they have better. I've been considering volunteering at a HIV/AIDS center now to help others who don't get much support elsewhere, and now I think I will go for it after I have more stable numbers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information