Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    iraqiwarrior is offline Associate Member
    what if u take HGH which has proven to increase life expectancy will it balance the 2 out? or maybe even extend ur life more

Undercover is offline Associate Member
    No, it doesn't work that way.

Life expectancy is a complicated subject. Numbers don't really mean anything if it's different from one person to another. It really depends on how your body reacts to whatever you're doing. One person can do multiple cycles and still live up to 100. Who's to say cycling is a death sentence? But like the other guys pointed out if you're going to take steroids irresponsibly then you won't be doing your body any good.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I know a few studies that say men with higher Test levels live a shorter life. Castration increases lifespan, I have also read....if anyone is interested in getting a few more years....

I'm 50 and I'm a lot closer to 77.6yo (CDC's average life expectancy) then my birth. I guess I've already lived 2/3 of my life. In my research I found that many of the symptoms of aging like the mid section fat, high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. can be attributed, in part, to the low level of testosterone in the male. Does AAS shorten life? I don't know because I don't know how much longer I'll live naturally. What I'm trying to accomplish is to have the highest quality of life I can achieve for the longest amount of time before I pass on. Sorry to be morbid but we all die. I just want to enjoy my kids and grand kids as much as I can before I go and AAS is helping me do that. My .02

Exactly, and that should be the goal. Certainly the less fat you carry the better you are going to feel. Otherwise you are dragging x pounds of dead weight around with you all day. That tires you faster and puts more stress on your joints. The better shape you are in the younger you will feel.

A longer life isn't necessarily a blessing. My grandmother spent the last five years of her life not knowing who anyone was. What's the point in that?

Quality of life for the longest amount of time possible is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by sgbenz View Post
    I was wondering if any of you know if doing a cycle of steroids will shorten your life span?

Thanks!
    perhaps at the doses that pros take, but just remember they take outrageous and i mean outrageous amounts, a high dose of test e is 1000mg a week, pros like ronnie coleman take 1000mg a day. They also take HGH insulin , etc every friggin ped at the maximum dose their body can support.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Everything shortens your lifespan.

Living shortens your lifespan.

Life is a terrible disease. It's the only one know that has a 100% mortality rate.

wormwood is offline Associate Member
    Living life significantly increases your exposure to carcinogens, which can cause cancer and death,

Atomini is offline Banned
    Exactly my point.

Everyone who has ever lived has died. And everyone who is living will die. Life is hazardous to your health, more than any drug.

Yeah, you can't live life in constant fear of death. If you're really afraid stop driving, as the mortality rate for auto accidents is much higher than any drug.

I heard a story once about an old lady who had lived through the Holocaust, came to the US, and several years later got run over in the street by a car. She lived through untold horror only to get killed in a stupid traffic accident. When your numbers up its up. The moral of the story is since we never know when we might die, or how much time we've got left; you might as well enjoy the time you've got.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information