Thread: Losing gains???

kjones_usmc is offline Junior Member

Losing gains???

I started Nolva 20mgs ed for gyno prev. about a week ago and ive noticed a huge difference in my gains. I have lost almost 5 lbs and I feel a lot weaker! I have tapered down to 10 mg ed and still feel like im losing gains? advice?

A couple of thoughts. First, are you losing strength or just weight? If it's weight it could be water weight, which you will retain quite a bit of while on some steroids .

Second, what was your cycle?

Third, what are your stats?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    You shouldn't be loosing water weight from introducing nolva.

I would look to several other factors before pointing to the nolva as the culprit: one week on nolva shouldn't affect you that significantly.

I was 180 now 175. 23 yrs old running 400mg test cyp ew. for 8 weeks. 6 weeks in
    Over the last week my diet has improved a lot but ever since i started taking nolva i have noticed loss in gains and strength. Im not saying its from the nolva i jst dont know what else it could be

LouHulk is offline Associate Member
    Are you eating enough? If you recently put on weight from the steroids you need to increase your food intake to accommodate the new muscle. I missed out on some of my carbs for a week and my lifting went down about 10%.

yeh i definitely am. Since my first pin ive put on 20lbs and now this week i lost weight? dont understand it bc i think my diet has been the best this week out of them all. TKO may be right it might jsut be water weight

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by kjones_usmc View Post
    I was 180 now 175. 23 yrs old running 400mg test cyp ew. for 8 weeks. 6 weeks in
    Over the last week my diet has improved a lot but ever since i started taking nolva i have noticed loss in gains and strength. Im not saying its from the nolva i jst dont know what else it could be
    this is completely unrelated to what you are asking, but you should consider upping your cyp to 10 weeks at least, you wont get enough active time for maximum gains at 8 weeks. Cyp usually gives its best results around the week 7-10 mark.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by kjones_usmc View Post
    yeh i definitely am. Since my first pin ive put on 20lbs and now this week i lost weight? dont understand it bc i think my diet has been the best this week out of them all. TKO may be right it might jsut be water weight
    did you run an oral with this cycle? Thats a lot of weight to put on with just cyp on week 6. If you ran an oral like Dbol , you will notice water weight loss within 1-2 weeks of dropping it.

As a side note, if you were only 160lbs when you started using gear, I suspect you are either 5' tall or started cycling way before you should have.

Well, given that he's 23 I have to say it was too early as well. Damage is done now. I'd say stop at planned interval and do PCT. Then wait another two years before cycling again.

Thread Information