fossilfuel7 is offline Member

Anavar drying out joints like Winstrol?? HUH?

Have you guys heard of Anavar drying out some one's joints like Winstrol ??

I have heard of Anavar being faked with Winstrol but, my friend says that a BB he knows used Anavar and that he thought it dried him out and made him stiff.

That does not sound like Anavar at all which is why I am asking.

Anavar is supposed to strengthen joints if anything....or so I thought.
    Plus I was about to start a cycle in a few weeks but, now I'm kind of concerned.
    Last edited by fossilfuel7; 08-03-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: messed up title

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    I have never had joint issues with Anavar . What dosage was your friend using?

Quote Originally Posted by G4R View Post
    I have never had joint issues with Anavar. What dosage was your friend using?
    The guy was using 40mg per day. I think he must have been using other gear or was just full of crap.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Quote Originally Posted by fossilfuel7 View Post
    The guy was using 40mg per day. I think he must have been using other gear or was just full of crap.
    I dont know, unless he was pushing himself too hard while on cycle. Hard to tell, but I wouldnt associate it with the Var, especially at that dosage.

Quote Originally Posted by G4R View Post
    I dont know, unless he was pushing himself too hard while on cycle. Hard to tell, but I wouldnt associate it with the Var, especially at that dosage.
    Well, it's my buddies friend..and he is kind of sketchy anyway so....lol.
    Thanks for your input.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The thread title is confusing, to say the least...

NMacFar is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    hahaha. Agreed

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by fossilfuel7 View Post
    Have you guys heard of Anavar drying out some one's joints like Winstrol ??

I have heard of Anavar being faked with Winstrol but, my friend says that a BB he knows used Anavar and that he thought it dried him out and made him stiff.

That does not sound like Anavar at all which is why I am asking.

Anavar is supposed to strengthen joints if anything....or so I thought.
    Plus I was about to start a cycle in a few weeks but, now I'm kind of concerned.
    Ive got lean,,,and hard from ANAVAR but never any joint issues.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    Ive got lean,,,and hard from ANAVAR but never any joint issues.
    neither have I

Nor would you. Anavar will boost collagen synthesis and should improve connective tissue strength and even repair some previous damage. It has nothing to do with holding water in your joints as you may have heard. It has to do with the bump in progesterone you get from Anavar, which is the hormone that controls collagen synthesis. Non 5-alpha reduced steroids like Winstrol will create DHT in your body and that will block the uptake of progesterone, leading to a slow down, or at high enough dosages a shut down of collagen synthesis. That's why people complain of joint pain, and can risk doing damage while on Winstrol.

40mg/day is like the minimum dose of Anavar too. I'd consider 40-50mg/day minimum. Plenty of guys take up to 80 without issues, and even 100 is not unheard of. Beyond that there is no gain, which is why you'll never see or hear anyone doing more than that; it has nothing to do with side effects. Though you are obviously straining your liver at a dosage like that, remember Anavar is reputedly easier on your liver, but it is still a 17aa (hepatoxic).

OMG, I just noticed that.

I meant "Anavar drying out joints like WINSTROL ".

Don't know why I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by TKO Performance View Post
    Nor would you. Anavar will boost collagen synthesis and should improve connective tissue strength and even repair some previous damage. It has nothing to do with holding water in your joints as you may have heard. It has to do with the bump in progesterone you get from Anavar, which is the hormone that controls collagen synthesis. Non 5-alpha reduced steroids like Winstrol will create DHT in your body and that will block the uptake of progesterone, leading to a slow down, or at high enough dosages a shut down of collagen synthesis. That's why people complain of joint pain, and can risk doing damage while on Winstrol .
    Dude, again with this stuff? Winstrol IS 5a-reduced. It doesn't increase DHT in in the body. And you're the only person I've seen claim that Anavar increases progesterone, and that progesterone is some miracle hormone for your joints. Where are you getting this info?

I got some "Anavar " my source. I took 80mg/ed for 6 weeks. I got lean but my joints were so sore and stiff I thought I needed knee replacements. From what I'm reading Anavar should never make your joints feel like that? Then it seems I got wrong stuff from my source.

no1tou is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    I got some "Anavar" my source. I took 80mg/ed for 6 weeks. I got lean but my joints were so sore and stiff I thought I needed knee replacements. From what I'm reading Anavar should never make your joints feel like that? Then it seems I got wrong stuff from my source.
    From what I understand Anavar is often faked with winny.

Dude, again with this stuff? Winstrol IS 5a-reduced. It doesn't increase DHT in in the body. And you're the only person I've seen claim that Anavar increases progesterone, and that progesterone is some miracle hormone for your joints. Where are you getting this info?
    http://www.mesomorphosis.com/article...our-joints.htm

Check out the info and sources if you like.

Winstrol is indeed 5 alpha reduced, as mentioned. However, it still acts as a progesterone antagonist, effectively mimicking the effect free DHT has in the body. The method is different, but the result is the same; decreased progesterone. I was simply never clear on the method, but have since researched further. My apologies for the unintentional dissemination of misinformation.

Lifeguard102 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    I got some "Anavar" my source. I took 80mg/ed for 6 weeks. I got lean but my joints were so sore and stiff I thought I needed knee replacements. From what I'm reading Anavar should never make your joints feel like that? Then it seems I got wrong stuff from my source.
    From personal experience anavar can cause tremendous joint pain.
    At least it did this to me.
    I ran 50 -100 mg ED for 10 weeks.
    My summation is if you have inflamation, arthritis, bone spurs, rotator issues etc it finds these areas most appealing to attack . When this happens ouch for FAK SAKES!!!

I've never heard of Anavar causing joint issues. Are you sure it was legit, as noted it's been faked with Winstrol many, many times. The results are similar, but Winstrol typically causes joint pain whereas Anavar is not typically associated with it.

Also, 10 weeks is longer than most would recommend for any oral.

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    I had issues with Anavar with my bones running the stuff; must depend on the users body

Quote Originally Posted by TKO Performance View Post
    http://www.mesomorphosis.com/article...our-joints.htm

Check out the info and sources if you like.

Winstrol is indeed 5 alpha reduced, as mentioned. However, it still acts as a progesterone antagonist, effectively mimicking the effect free DHT has in the body. The method is different, but the result is the same; decreased progesterone. I was simply never clear on the method, but have since researched further. My apologies for the unintentional dissemination of misinformation.
    1) First off, Anthony Roberts is the biggest retard in the world of AAS and has 0 credibility. There is a sticky on this site explaining why.

2) That article is 5 years old, so a lot of things have changed since then (due to more recent studies and findings).

Other than that, yes, I believe that Winstrol does compete for the progesterone receptor, and that this might partially explain why it dries out the joints so bad. However, it doesn't actually lower progesterone, just compete with it at the receptor. And this is still largely speculation and theory based on this pub-med article:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8079819

You also have to take into account that Winny is 5a-reduced and binds tightly at the AR, so it antagonizes estrogen effectively, which will dry out your joints by itself to a degree.

1) First off, Anthony Roberts is the biggest retard in the world of AAS and has 0 credibility. There is a sticky on this site explaining why.

2) That article is 5 years old, so a lot of things have changed since then (due to more recent studies and findings).

Other than that, yes, I believe that Winstrol does compete for the progesterone receptor, and that this might partially explain why it dries out the joints so bad. However, it doesn't actually lower progesterone, just compete with it at the receptor. And this is still largely speculation and theory based on this pub-med article:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8079819

You also have to take into account that Winny is 5a-reduced and binds tightly at the AR, so it antagonizes estrogen effectively, which will dry out your joints by itself to a degree.
    Yes, I know no one likes the author, but you have to look deeper than that. I actually took the time to research his sources, and though the author may be a parrot for them; the source material is legitimate. This is evidenced by your link, which if I'm reading right dates back to 1994. It's pretty clear that progesterone modulates actual DNA synthesis relating to collagen synthesis. Until there is some groundbreaking study that shows otherwise I think we can safely assume that modern science is in agreement on that point.

The antagonistic effect on estrogen is also another reason why you can experience joint issues with Winstrol. From what I've read it seems that this effect is also likely progesterone based, but there is not 100% certainty on that at this time.

Thread Information