RyanS is offline New Member

Need help! Never used anything!

Hi guys,

I have been reading your forum for a while now, and have been interested in starting my first cycle to help me bulk up. I am quite skinny, and have had a lot of trouble gaining weight. This is a problem as summer is coming up, and my goal was to be able to wear a singlet. I finally have a great tan but can't show it off with my tiny arms!

I have since started a new diet. I have to admit, I thought I was a big eater (McDonalds), but I wasn't. I was eating the wrong foods. Since then I have started a new diet consisting of;

Breakfast- 4 Eggs and Toast
    Protein Shake with Creatine

Morning Tea- 4 Potatoes with Skin

Lunch- Salad (Lettuce, Tomatoes, Chicken Breast, Cheese, Avocado)
    Bread Roll with Chicken Breast and Salad
    Pasta

Afternoon Tea- Protein Bar

Dinner- Big meal usually Chicken or Lean Meat.
    Protein Shake

I usually drink about 10 bottles of 600mL of water a day. Unless training at the gym I will drink more.

Mind you- I usually had only 1 or 2 meals a day when I wasn't eating properly or exercising.

Height- 185cm
    Weight- 64kg (Tiny I know!)
    Age- 19
    Training- 6 Months

I really need something easy to use and not too difficult, just a helping hand to bulk up! I have little experience with this kind of stuff so all the help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

RyanS.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    You're way to young to even think about AAS.

And you can't gain weight because that diet is horrible.

Start a thread in the diet forum and they'll help you out...you'll be happy you did.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Dude...you've only been working out for 6 months. Give it some time before you start considering AAS?

Considering I am eating well I don't understand what's wrong with this diet? Seeing as you'll know it all, can you please inform me on what I'm doing wrong?
    Nutritionist's and Doctor's say this is a great diet to help gain weight for me.
    I can't see the "horrible" side to it.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    nutritionist and doctors are not body builders.

sure, that diet is better than eating loads of McDonalds,

but if you're trying to add lean mass, it's far from "good".

Like I said, start a thread in the diet forum, and we'll help you along.

Right, I'm not asking for much. I don't want to be HUGE, I just want a little help in gaining weight. I don't think you guy's realise how much this mean's to me. And weather I need AAS or not, any input would be appreciated.

Alright will do D7M, thanks for your help

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    We all started somewhere. 6'3" @ 155lbs, 22 years later 215lbs. Working out and bodybuilding is a long term sport, lasting gains don't happen overnight they take time and perseverance.

Doctors get about two course in nutrition in med school. They know nothing about sports nutrition. Most nutritionists are geared towards helping people who are overweight lose weight, not sports nutrition. There are several good books on the subject, but the gist is going to be that you need to track your diet, knowing how many calories, grams of fat, grams of saturated fat, grams of protein, grams of carbs, grams of sugar, and grams of fiber you intake every day. You need a minimum of 1 gram/lb. of body weight of protein, but some people need as many as 2 grams per lb. to build muscle. You need at least 300 grams of complex carbs a day to fuel your workouts and stock muscle glycogen. IMO a diet posted without the grams and calories is not useful. I would have to do a ton of work to figure all that out, and I'm tracking my own diet, so I don't really want to. If I have the info handy I can easily tell you where to tweak it to get results. My advice would be to journal your diet for a week and post back or PM me with that information and I'll try to help you from there.

BBing and lifitng is a lifelong marathon, not a sprint. Gains made by sprinting are easily lost. Gains made by marathoning are much more likely to stick around. 6 months is no time at all. You need to have 2-3 years under your belt before considering steroids . At your age though you need even more, because you need to wait until 25 at least or you risk your long term health for a sprint gain.

Post up your training routine too, because that probably needs work as well. I'm not being overly critical. I knew nothing at your age about this stuff, despite having been lifting for five years already at that age. I want you to learn from my mistakes so that you can achieve your potential much younger. I still don't feel I've reached mine and I'm 32.

Thread Information