scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer

Cutting after PCT

Finishing up first 10 week cycle. Getting ready to start PCT in the next couple weeks. I'm planning my next cycle as a cutting cycle starting almost 20 weeks after my PCT.
    My question is how soon after PCT is it safe to start cutting fat without loosing muscle. I'm around 16% and i wanna be down around 12-13%bf by the the time I start my cutting cycle in the spring.
    My PCT plans are to drop down to around 3kcal a day and using a lot of whey protien to help limit my fat intake.

LouHulk is offline Associate Member
    bump, I'm interested in seeing what folks say.

bump. no imput?

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    I would wait between 4-8 weeks to let the muscle that you've attained stick better.

cool. That will still leave me 16 weeks to cut 3-4% Its possible i've made cuts like that before but that was back in my 20's haha. Hopefully knowledge will make up for the age increase. Thanks HP

bdodge2 is offline Junior Member
    I am currently on week 3 of PCT..so 5 weeks post last injection.

I started running "the anabolic diet" by Mauro DiPasquale....post cycle.

It is high protien/high fat/minimal carbs. I try to keep in a keto state monday-friday and then cut the protein and fat way down on the weekend and do mainly carbs.

It works for me. I can keep dropping BF% while training hard and maintaining muscle.

His theory is that you should run this all year...keeping your percentage around 10% so that when contest time comes it is easier to drop. THis flies in the face of the higher carb/weight gain approach to mass building with a strong cutt depletion cycle after.

Neevor is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdodge2 View Post
    I am currently on week 3 of PCT..so 5 weeks post last injection.

I started running "the anabolic diet" by Mauro DiPasquale....post cycle.

It is high protien/high fat/minimal carbs. I try to keep in a keto state monday-friday and then cut the protein and fat way down on the weekend and do mainly carbs.
    I don't really like this idea. Post cycle your body is already in a state of stress so keeping your protein intake up and certainly your carb intake is important. If I don't gain 1% bf in my PCT I know I'm doing something wrong (assuming it isnt because I suddenly switch to a fast food diet or somethins similarly ridiculous). Fat is easy to cut off later when my body is back out of its lower testosterone state.

I finished my PCT from a 9 week cutting cycle about 2 weeks ago and I gained 5lbs. I didnt lose muscle tho and in the last two weeks I've beaten records I had from when I was on cycle. I'll start my bulking cycle in about 7 weeks and the 3 weeks before I'll cut fat to get my body prepared to grow. I do this every time and it works. If you are worried about fat, take care of it once you are finished with your PCT and you are sure your test levels are back to normal to help maintain muscle while you cut naturally.

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I started cutting to soon after my first cycle and it cost me some weight. I would stay on a bulking diet as long as you can afford too - just to minimize the losses. 8 weeks

Thread Information