fleck is offline Associate Member

High Liver values

Well I quite recently had a blood test to check my liver values.
    I got the results about 6 weeks ago and one of the values were very high so the doc tells me.
    My ALT was 168, He said I should stop drinking and taking paracetamols(tylenol) straight away. I have been reading today about people who have had levels of 4 hundred and above but I think they had chronic liver disease.
    (in case you were wondering)I had been drinkin heavily over the world cup soccer period. I havent took a sip since but am worried my liver might be a bit messed up still. Does anyone know how long it takes for it to heal?
    I have also started taking milk thistle extract every day and drinking loads of water. While I was there I got my testosterone levels checked which were above normal so im happy with that, I intend to get another blood test in a week or so just before my 10 weeks Test E cycle starts.
    Well Id appreciate your advice and stories,
    Flecks
    P.s I've decided I wont be running my 4 week dbol kick start any time soon until I know im in the clear....
    Last edited by fleck; 08-28-2010 at 10:06 AM.

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    Liv52 is excellent, I would add that in if I were you.

I forgot to mention. I have been reading up about creatine and its effects. Alls I can see so far that in high doses it MAY have an effect on the kidneys. I know it can be taken for up to two months until a rest period is needed. Anyone know if Im safe to use creatine?

LouHulk is offline Associate Member
    Hate to break this to you like this....I drank heavily in my early 20's and my liver has still not recovered. I have borderline high values and I drink like once every month or two now....btw I'm almost 30 now so think about it. I had my blood work from years before I started drinking and the only change was the alcohol.

well im 29, i will have another test done in a week or so, and fingers crossed it will be lower.
    Im glad you keep your drinking down and that you found the problem early and saved your liver (and any other problems that would snowball from it)
    keep it up and good luck.

Thread Information