Thread: Protein intake

poppz is offline Senior Member

Protein intake

how much protein intake is needed in grams per day, for a nice musclebuilder ? my stats,,36yrs ,around 8% bf, 170lbs ,5'8".

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    1-2g per lb of lean mass, IMO.
    This also depends on whether you're using AAS and what sort of diet you're following.
    But you'd generally want to take in maybe 200g a day, along with an excess of quality carbs and fats.

themoreyouknow is offline Associate Member
    1.5g per lb of body weight seems to be perfect for me, but everyone is a little different. See what works best for you

Certainly no less than 1gm/lb. of body weight. I usually run about 1.25 gms/lb. I have used up to 2gm/day, but did not see any further improvement in gains. Typically you will not gain fat from excess protein intake, at least I never have. Make sure it's lean though. Some good fat is okay, but try to keep saturated fats to a minimum. You do need your Omega 3 and 6 though. AT least 200 gms of complex carbs a day, but you may find you need 300-400. I'm usually in the 300-350 range. It is a personal thing though. The best thing to do is journal your diet and see what works and what doesn't.

poppz is offline Senior Member
    thanks fellas,answerd my question.

Thread Information