robert_25 is offline New Member

newbie introduction+question

hey everybody. im new to the topic at hand and looking for some advice on some things.
    im a 25 year old guy, standing 5'9 weighing 300 lbs with around 30% body fat. i have recently started working out again after a 2 years hiatus due to the fact that i wasnt getting results that i wanted and i just got fed up and quit.
    since 2 years i've put on about 60-75 lbs, most of which went on my stomach and its hurting me now. when i work out i cant go heavy because my core is so weak that i cant stabilize the weight ,on most exercises i cant get that good squeeze and when i wear my shirts its just doesnt look right, all because of my large stomach. so basically i was wondering what i can take to help burn some belly fat and also increase muscle.
    i just dont have the patience to do cardio and all that stuff. im lacking confiedence and motivation because i know when i do my exercises i wont be getting the most out of it, im just looking for a quick remedy to help me out. im not sure if i could've found the answers by searching but i thought seeing as i wanted to introduce myself anyways.
    i'm also taking anxiety medication and im not sure if the two will clash or not but for now i'll do some research on that....
    thanks, robert

Considering is offline Junior Member
    I am in no way an aas expert or a dietician. But I feel confident saying no gear and get professional help with an MD and/or a dietician.

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Robert. Unfortunately there are no magic pills. Going to have to suck it up, like the rest of us, and put in the effort. I wish you the best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches o.O View Post
    Welcome Robert. Unfortunately there are no magic pills. Going to have to suck it up, like the rest of us, and put in the effort. I wish you the best of luck!
    Robert is dangerously overweight and on anxiety meds. I don't think he needs to suck it up. That reply could really hurt someone in his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Considering View Post
    Robert is dangerously overweight and on anxiety meds. I don't think he needs to suck it up. That reply could really hurt someone in his situation.
    So he takes xanax or something similar, that does not prevent him from trying... Have you ever seen the biggest loser? Everyone has a story, what matters is how you choose to deal with it. Like I said I wish him nothing but good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches o.O View Post
    So he takes xanax or something similar, that does not prevent him from trying... Have you ever seen the biggest loser? Everyone has a story, what matters is how you choose to deal with it. Like I said I wish him nothing but good luck...
    Contestants receive plenty of pro help and guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Considering View Post
    Contestants receive plenty of pro help and guidance.
    Which he also could persue if he chooses to..

G.P. is offline Junior Member
    1: Go to the diet thread & read the stickies.
    2: You're going to have to do cardio. I'm not sure what "I don't have the patience for cardio" means, but there's no quick fix. In your situation I would start a program under the advice of a doc who can give you a stress test in a controlled enviroment to see what level you need to be working at.

thanks for the replies everyone. i know i need to suck it up and hit the cardio and im sure i will. maybe i should have asked was what is the best steroid is good for burning fat and building muscle. i am going to stick with the working out as it is helping me with the day to day anxiety. just wanted the extra edge to help me stay motivated achieve my goals faster. my self image is the cause of my anxiety and i think steroids is the fastest solution to fixing my insecurities. just wanna burn some fat fast and make working out easier.
    thanks, robert

TRT2010 is offline Member
    There is no Steroid that is going to to help you at this point in time. it is going to take strict diet and cardio regiment to get you to your goals. It can be done. This could kill you or at least shorten you life by a great deal if you dont put in the hard work it deserves. Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and just do it... best of luck and remember if you need motivation just stick with us, Post pictures and diet program every week. We will make sure yopu stay plenty motivated. Maybe the reason you faile din the past is that you didnt have a strong enough support system

thanks trt2010 i really appreciate it. i've been on a few boards and have seen people post pics and thought maybe i should do that aswell. i'll try anything to keep me motivated.
    i heard that there are steroids that shred fat. im just wondering which ones they are

TRT2010 is offline Member
    in the condition your in no steroids will help really.. There are other alternatives but i am not as knowledgable on those as others are

BIGB is offline Associate Member
    Well to be honest the main step is to sit down and write your goals down eg what you will eat, when you will exercise, when is work etc once you make diet and exercise a main part of your routine you will fit in other activities around those main ones to full fill daily wants and needs etc. secondly you should realize that loseing large amounts of weight in a short time will not benefit you in the long run nore make you feel any better about yourself there are consequences that will arise from rapid weight lose and may be more aggravating to you than your current situation, stick to slow and steady good old turtle and hair race. third you need to learn self confidence or remeber that no one is perfect so what if another guy has abs and big arms who cares litte do you know all the other problems that are in his life, our society loves to paint pictures of what perfect is, no one is and never will be, So be proud of who you are remeber you can do anything and accomplish anything you wish as long as you work at it. lastly get off the steroid thing will not benefit you in any way shape or form.

zoltans4 is offline Junior Member
    steroids 'shred fat' as in work off those extra percent bodyfat to those who are below 15%bf and leaning out or going to competition, not shredding fat off someone with high levels of bf.
    The problem with steroids is they would be VERY DANGEROUS to you because of your high bf. steroids alter cholestorol levels and move 'healthy' levels to the verge of bad, but doable. in high body fat, you are in danger of having severe health problems.
    you will get incredible help in the diet section with a meal plan and some cardio help if you want.

NattyR1 is offline Junior Member
    start adjusting your mentality. go to the gym because it's the right thing to do for you at your situation. check out the women while you do cardio. try to enjoy while you're working out.

Numb uK is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NattyR1 View Post
    start adjusting your mentality. go to the gym because it's the right thing to do for you at your situation. check out the women while you do cardio. try to enjoy while you're working out.
    I like your style.

Robert, try to make yourself some reasonble reachievable goals over a short period of time. Start simple, i.e your gym days/routine; which days you can comitt to going to the gym. Weight loss; have a target weight to reach for the month. Take a picture; of the most insecure part of your body, use this through out your training program. Once you begin to lose weight you can look back at how you used to look. I don't know about you but this has worked very well with others in the past to spurr them on.

I'd definately advise you to visit the diet section of the forum, there is lots of threads and advice that I'm sure can help you. I wish you all the best.

Very good advice. Don't think about the 60-70lb mountain you need to climb. Look at the 10 lb hill you can get over in a month, and then take the next hill, etc. The journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step. I think that's Confuscious or someone else smart and philosophical, but it's nevertheless true.

You have to remember that you didn't get fat over night, and you aren't going to get thin over night. It took years of systematic choices that led you to your present condition, and though you may not have been conscious that they were decisions at the time; they were. It's going to take a change in your lifestyle to get where you want to be and, to maintain it over the long run. Losing weight is easy, keeping it off if hard. You've got to make a decision to change the way you approach eating and working out if you want to realize your goals.

As stated, steroids in your present condition, and at your current BF% are a terrible, and potentially deadly idea. There are no steroids that will cut your 30% BF down to 15%, even with diet and exercise. Side effects will be rampant, and blood lipid profile will get dangerous in a hurry.

BTW, I'm not looking down on you or anything like that. I was in a similar situation starting this year. My 42 waist pants were barely fitting, and I reached a point where enough was enough. 8 months later I'm wearing 38s, and have kept the weight off despite two hampering injuries and a summer where eating healthy all the time simply isn't possible. Now I'm returning to 100% from the injuries and I'm thinking about the next 20lbs I want to drop, hopefully by Thanksgiving. My new lifestyle means I'm going to get in better the shape the older I get, and that means quality of life, which is priceless. So, good luck to you, and I'll help you any way I can.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks for the replies everyone. i know i need to suck it up and hit the cardio and im sure i will. maybe i should have asked was what is the best steroid is good for burning fat and building muscle. i am going to stick with the working out as it is helping me with the day to day anxiety. just wanted the extra edge to help me stay motivated achieve my goals faster. my self image is the cause of my anxiety and i think steroids is the fastest solution to fixing my insecurities. just wanna burn some fat fast and make working out easier.
    thanks, robert

STEROIDS DONT GIVE THOSE RESULTS THEY ASSIST,IF YOU WANT TO BE MOTIVATED PUT TOGETHER A STRICT DIET PLAN AND A WORKOUT RUTINE WITH CARDIO AND WHEN THE SCALE SAYS YOU LOST 5-10-MAYBE 20LBS YOUR FIRST WEEK THAT SHOULD MOTIVATE THE HELL OUT OF YOU. SORRY ABOUT YOUR OYHER ISSUES THEY MUST ONLY BE COMPOUNDED BY YOUR BEING OVERWEIGHT BUT WITH THE RIGHT HELP AND GUIDENCE YOU CAN ACHIEVE WHAT YOU WANT...IT IS GONNA TAKE TIME BRO, DON'T GIVE UP

Numb hit the nail on the head, set small achievable goals for weekly/monthly time frames. Anyone would be overwhelmed if they looked at the BIG picture right away. This is sound advice and I use this principle for all the problems in my life. Break them down into smaller more managable pieces and tackle them one at a time.

wow im taken back by the responses. thanks for the support and great knowledge.
    i think i may just hold off on the steroid idea for awhile and just focus on what you guys are telling me. eat right, take it slow and steady and set small achieveable goals. i'm actually glad that i was interested in steroids otherwise i wouldn't be here getting these amazing suggestions and guidance. its very hard to juggle anxiety and self image insecurities but like BIGB said its better to take it slow and work towards long term results. i definetly need to make a change and just understand that change doesnt come overnight. again thanks to everyone who commented in this thread, i read all your words and will keep coming back to this page in the future for motivation

I would be very interested if you would make a progress thread and I will follow it and provide any help or motivation you may require Robert.

i defenitly will, i just have to take some pics so i can add a visual to the thread
    its gonna be tough for me to take pics and post them on a steroid forum. as if i'm not insecure as it is but i guess i have to in order to make a change. what section of the forum do i post the progress thread?

jeallybean78 is offline Junior Member
    I wish you the best, my brother lost around 50 lbs taking adipex about 5 years ago he's a beast now so i know you can do it it will just take some time

thnx jellybean, just got a gym membership today and did back and biceps and cardio afterwards and went for a swim. now its up to me to keep motivated and stay consistent

zoltans4 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robert_25 View Post
    i defenitly will, i just have to take some pics so i can add a visual to the thread
    its gonna be tough for me to take pics and post them on a steroid forum. as if i'm not insecure as it is but i guess i have to in order to make a change. what section of the forum do i post the progress thread?
    good idea fuzzypeaches, put this up in the log section!
    http://forums.steroid.com/members-cycle-results/

great thing about this place as I said is when you are talking to people with some knowledge about steroids and such you are talking to alot of people that know about working out and diet. there are body builders, athletes, powerlifters and everyone else on here with lots of knowledge to help you on your log.
    may be embarassing at first, but it would help others give you better advice and small plans and goals to acheive.

Thread Information