phazein is offline New Member

First cycle after lots of reading

I am sure there is lots more to learn and I am doing so daily. After reading I decided to go with this for my stack.
    Testosterone Enanthate 300mg/ml
    Arimidex 1mg
    Dianabol 10mg tablet
    and Clomid 50mg pct

My current stats 6'2" 214lbs 20%bf 31 years old.
    Last year at this time I was 338lbs with over 30%bf I workout regularly and follow a strict diet. My main goal is to get my bf% down to 12%. Since reading I have upped my cardio and will continue to do so. I am still reading about diets, workouts, and dosing. I have not really seen any posts about test to change their bf% just gains. Of course gains would be nice but with a good workout routine and diet What is a reasonable amount of bf% that can be dropped in a cycle? and once pct is over would my bf% skyrocket again?

airguard0909 is offline New Member
    sorry i know this off the topic. but how long before you could post threads.

I was able to post in the new members forum right away. I didn't know there was a block on new threads.

spiketannin is offline Associate Member
    Well man I don't want 2 be the one to say it but you need 2 read sum more as this is not the proper first cycle,also im not sure what u mean by 50 mg clomid 4 pct. And imo u should diet down to about atleast 14 percent bf

Quote Originally Posted by spiketannin View Post
    Well man I don't want 2 be the one to say it but you need 2 read sum more as this is not the proper first cycle,also im not sure what u mean by 50 mg clomid 4 pct. And imo u should diet down to about atleast 14 percent bf
    I'm getting clomid for my post cycle. I agree I have lots more reading to do and I am dieting. I posted this to get more information and feedback. Thank you for the information. What part of the the stack would you change for a first cycle?

Im sure there will be a spoon feeder on shortly but, good job on the dieting part that's key. if u diet and train hard then your definately not lazy so why don't you read the stickys. there is a sticky on first cycle info

Im sure there will be a spoon feeder on shortly but, good job on the dieting part that's key. if u diet and train hard then your definately not lazy so why don't you read the stickys. there is a sticky on first cycle info
    I have read I do have some problems retaining what I read though. Lots of people tell me I should get checked for a d d. I read things over and over again try to highlight the important stuff and print out my own cheat sheets. Of course I don't catch everything. That is why I started my own post... to get some feedback on what I am doing right and wrong.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You need to reduce your bf before even starting a cycle, this will take many weeks/months so in the mean time research first cycles so you fully understand them. If you start a cycle at your bf you will encounter more side effects like estrogen related sides etc so concentrate on your diet and cardio and reduce your bf.

At 31 years young some cardio and proper dieting you will get that body fat down. I highly advise you to Post up your diet in the diet section just too make sure your on the right track.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be posting my diet up as well. This is not something I am going to jump into right away. I am still reading up and in the mean time working on my cardio and diet. I dont know if I can wait until I get down to 14%bf though. I was thinking more like 16-17%. Again I'm the rookie looking for feedback so thank all of you for your time and knowledge.

zoltans4 is offline Junior Member
    i don't know why people who want to stack dbol are criticized to read the stickys more. The beginner cycle in the stickies SAYS to use d-bol although its optional.
    So, if a first timer wants to stack d-bol he should be 'spoon fed' not to or that thread should be changed with dbol removed.

Quote Originally Posted by zoltans4 View Post
    i don't know why people who want to stack dbol are criticized to read the stickys more. The beginner cycle in the stickies SAYS to use d-bol although its optional.
    So, if a first timer wants to stack d-bol he should be 'spoon fed' not to or that thread should be changed with dbol removed.
    I never critisized this man,imho dbol should not be ran on a first cycle. But that was not the only reason his test dosage is off and he didnt exactly list pct dosages. He's on the right track tho.

zoltans4 is offline Junior Member
    I never critisized this man,imho dbol should not be ran on a first cycle. But that was not the only reason his test dosage is off and he didnt exactly list pct dosages. He's on the right track tho.
    just sayin bro. i agree no stacking at first, one thing at a time. just seein alot of first timers list d-bol to use and the thread backs it up.

So no orals to jump start the first cycle? I definitely want to use Arimidex while on my cycle followed by clomid post cycle. My estrogen levels have been on the higher side since I was a toddler. My test levels when checked last month were at 633... up from 516 3 months earlier.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Like Marcus said you want to lower bodyfat to < 15 with 12% optimal .

When you talk of cardio are you using heart rate as a tool or time doing aerobic type exercises ?
    Also if you have plateaued doing the cardio or diet . Post items of question and people will chime in .

You have seen great results form 338 to 215 . Congratulations .

The important thing is keeping routine enjoyable and productive .
    Depending on intensity of weight routine with sets and reps also .
    You can post this for people to review also .

Good luck and keep up the good fight
    Dont wanna be old .

I rotate my cardio. I have a heart rate monitor and try to average 152 and will peak at about 176. If I am going for time I drop my heart rate to about 136-140.

As far as weights go I was doing 3 sets with 10 reps. In the last month I started doing more weight and doing 3-5 sets with 4-8 reps.

I also started doing muay thai 6 months ago and we do some intense cardio in those classes. I dont wear my heart rate monitor but my heart rate is up the whole time as we start with 9 mins of jump rope and it just keeps going from then on.

I don't feel I have plateaued as I am still dropping pounds. I am down to 213.8 as of this morning a drop in 1.2lbs in the last 4 days. I just feel that my muscle development isnt where it should be. I'm not trying to look like a monster, I just want to fill in my shirts better and look like I workout some.
    Last edited by phazein; 09-02-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phazein View Post
    I rotate my cardio. I have a heart rate monitor and try to average 152 and will peak at about 176. If I am going for time I drop my heart rate to about 136-140.

As far as weights go I was doing 3 sets with 10 reps. In the last month I started doing more weight and doing 3-5 sets with 4-8 reps.

I also started doing muay thai 6 months ago and we do some intense cardio in those classes. I dont wear my heart rate monitor but my heart rate is up the whole time as we start with 9 mins of jump rope and it just keeps going from then on.

I don't feel I have plateaued as I am still dropping pounds. I am down to 213.8 as of this morning a drop in 1.2lbs in the last 4 days. I just feel that my muscle development isnt where it should be. I'm not trying to look like a monster, I just want to fill in my shirts better and look like I workout some.
    I checked out different video's on youtube . 300 workout ,p90x and intensity and things like that .
    Incorporated doing push ups while doing cardio. P90x looks to spend time on chin up bar .
    It always seemed that guys arms looked good on the p90x infomercials .

These aren't solutions , just ideas .

On my cable they have workout routines on demand . They have Kendra ( from girls next door /playboy ). She's doing a football exercise program with kick-backs running back and forth . The idea was how hot she is after popping out a kid I guess .

Hey you don't have to do any of this, if not just for entertainment purposes .

I took these pics last week. As you can see I have zero def or tone. my quads are huge but doesn't help me fill in a shirt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First cycle after lots of reading-front.jpg   First cycle after lots of reading-side.jpg  

It will take time for upper body to get toned .
    Just be patent and keep up the good work .

Quote Originally Posted by Dont wanna be old View Post
    I checked out different video's on youtube . 300 workout ,p90x and intensity and things like that .
    Incorporated doing push ups while doing cardio. P90x looks to spend time on chin up bar .
    It always seemed that guys arms looked good on the p90x infomercials .

These aren't solutions , just ideas .

On my cable they have workout routines on demand . They have Kendra ( from girls next door /playboy ). She's doing a football exercise program with kick-backs running back and forth . The idea was how hot she is after popping out a kid I guess .

Hey you don't have to do any of this, if not just for entertainment purposes .
    I have the insanity dvd's. I do the ab workouts from there. I really prefer to workout at a gym. I don't know why but I working out at home just isnt for me.

theboss is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    You need to reduce your bf before even starting a cycle, this will take many weeks/months so in the mean time research first cycles so you fully understand them. If you start a cycle at your bf you will encounter more side effects like estrogen related sides etc so concentrate on your diet and cardio and reduce your bf.
    ditto

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    What is your current diet and workout?

Quote Originally Posted by phazein View Post
    I have the insanity dvd's. I do the ab workouts from there. I really prefer to workout at a gym. I don't know why but I working out at home just isnt for me.
    You pay for the gym membership = your home .
    I mix it up at the gym . Last thing I want is wife or kids interrupting me .

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    What is your current diet and workout?
    Mainly chicken breast, followed by
    pinto beans
    beef
    tuna
    wheat tortillas
    almonds
    veggies lots of them
    small amounts of fruit mostly watermelon
    2-3 gallons of water per day
    protein shakes

I stick to those as my staple I do have a few different things every now and then. I don't drink any soda at all and once in a while I'll have juice. working 48-56 hours a week doesnt really give me much time to have a huge variety. My manager is really cool about everything and allows me to make shakes or eat at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dont wanna be old View Post
    You pay for the gym membership = your home .
    I mix it up at the gym . Last thing I want is wife or kids interrupting me .
    Yes I agree and was lucky enough to get a 15 month membership free at my local gym. I also bought a 2 year 24hour membership for $300 for traveling. There is also a UFC gym 30 mins from me that I got a 2 year membership from. I go there to practice my muay thai when my friends are out drinking. I know its going to take time as I dug myself a huge hole at 338lbs. I'm paying for it now and take it as a lesson learned.

Muai thai is great, I no wat u mean in my kickboxing class we cardio tell we drop. I applaud you for working hard at work and at the gym I no its not easy but if you don't already u will soon learn to love the gym.

Post up diet and training routine. It is going to take time, but if you aren't building strength one of those two are off. For diet, you need to track your total calories, total fat in grams, sat. fat in grams, total carbs in grams, fiber in grams, sugar in grams, and protein in grams. You need at least 1gm/lb. of body weight of protein a day. Many guys will recommend even more and 1.5-2gms is not unheard of. Each person is different, so it may require some experimentation to get right. You need at least 3,300-3,500 calories a day to actively build muscle and cut fat. Bare minimum of 300gms of carbs a day when doing heavy cardio.

If diet and routine are not right steroids will not yield results, or will yield results that are not maintainable once you finish your cycle. At your BF% you are ripe for estrogen related side effects from the test. An AI should suppress these, but they may manifest very quickly due to the high BF%. You don't really want to just take an AI at a supposed dose for the sake of estrogen suppression without bloodwork. You can suppress estrogen too far, which can be just as detrimental as not suppressing it enough. The solution most guys use is to either do bloodwork, or take the AI only if estro related symptoms manifest. Then if things get really out of control you can take an estro antagonist to try and combat the symptoms further. The problem at higher BF is that the window for making these decisions is very narrow, and being an inexperienced user you run the risk of doing too little or too much, and exacerbating the effects.

Lets make sure you're eating right and training right and get you up to about 200lbs of lean mass naturally with a BF of 15-12% (225-230 lbs total) before you consider making a run with steroids. Also, and not to be cruel, but I suspect you are over 20% BF. I'm about 20-22% and considerably leaner weighing 245 at 5'10". I say this because you need to look at where you are realistically in order to be able to set realistic and achievable goals. You have already made a huge dent in your overweight and done yourself a great service for your long term health. I'd advise you to keep on keeping on with some help in the diet and training areas and I'm sure you'll start to see the results you want in a month or so, and in three months I bet you'll be very happy with your progress.

I had my bf% done. I am going again in 2 weeks this time to have it done in water. I have lots of extra skin so it looks like fat. Last Sept I was 338 and was working out lightly. I didnt diet though. In Feb is when I started to drop lbs. I didnt do it the right way as I was going to the gym 2 times a day doing 90 mins of cardio each session and dropped the whole entire lifting. I starved myself and was only eating between 800-1400 calories a day (crazy what being single after 5 years can do to you). I lost roughly 80lbs between Feb and May. I am still loosing weight just not as extreme as I am eating better and am still learning as I go.

Thanks for all the advise. I'm working 30 hours over the next 3 days so don't have much time to be on forums. I decided that I am going to bust my @$$ and get down to a lower bf% before I decide on taking the needle. I will be following up on my deit and routines and see what I can do to improve both of them for the time being.

bdodge2 is offline Junior Member
    from personal experience....

be very careful running steroids at 20-25%
    the more fat you have the more aromatase you have
    aromatase converts testosterone into estrogen.

you can actually be counter productive and cause more belly and breast fat to accumulate as estrogen levels rise.

I ran my cycle at 18% against everyones suggestion when I started. I ran Letro .25 ed to whipe out estrogen, not just surpress it like adex. It probably inhibited my gains a little but it got rid of the aromatase so I didn't have to worry as much.

I did drop about 3% and put on muscle, but the cycle was not the be all and end all. I finally dialed in my diet and am fasted cardio and then was down to 10% fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by bdodge2 View Post
    from personal experience....

be very careful running steroids at 20-25%
    the more fat you have the more aromatase you have
    aromatase converts testosterone into estrogen.

you can actually be counter productive and cause more belly and breast fat to accumulate as estrogen levels rise.

I ran my cycle at 18% against everyones suggestion when I started. I ran Letro .25 ed to whipe out estrogen, not just surpress it like adex. It probably inhibited my gains a little but it got rid of the aromatase so I didn't have to worry as much.

I did drop about 3% and put on muscle, but the cycle was not the be all and end all. I finally dialed in my diet and am fasted cardio and then was down to 10% fairly quickly.
    How thats great to read. I'm about to post my diet in the diet section. I'm really serious about this and need all the help I can get.

Here is my diet.

7am ON protein shake with 1 banana= 26 grams of protein 320 calories 54g carbs

730-930 gym time including traveling all that good stuff. Get between 40-80 mins of cardio in and some stretching.
    ON protein shake 24g protein 120 calories 3carbs

9:45am 5 egg whites plus 1 whole egg 24g protein 164 cal 2g carbs w/ wheat tortilla
    8g pro 90cal 18g carb 12g fiber

12pm Tuna sandwich 445c 36g p 38g c spilt it in half and the other half is my 2pm meal
    fruit 40-120 cal 20-40 carbs 1-4g p

2pm other half of my sandwich more fruit 40-120 cal 20-40 carbs 1-4g p

4pm syntha 6 protein shake 200 cal 15g carbs 22g p

630-830 dinner depending on when I work or have muay thai
    chicken or beef 230-280c 46-52g protein 0 carbs
    Salad-Total stab in the dark here but including dressing 150-300 calories up to 10g carbs 2-10g protein
    salads vary from a mix of romain lettuce, spinach, carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, red onion, tomato, egg whites, or whatever else is on sale when I am shopping.

8-10pm ON protein shake 120cal 24g protein 3 carbs

11pm on casein shake 120cal 3g carb 24g protein

I also snack on Almonds throughout the day about 2 ounces at random times.
    364 cal 12g carbs 12g protein

totals=
    up to 2647 calories
    about 252g protein
    about 220g carbs per day

I recently upped my protein intake. I got blood work done last month and my protein levels are in the center of the average point.

My daily supplements
    multi vitamin 1 in am and 1 in pm
    vitamin c x3 500mg
    vitamin d(just added as my d levels were low in my blood work last month) 2000iu
    krill oil x2 300mg
    salmon oil x2 2000mg
    grape seed & resveratrol 3x
    xtend bcaa while working out 14g bcaa and 5g glutamine

I sometimes cycle
    5g arinine
    5g creatine

Once my shipment gets here I am cycling
    3g l-carnitine
    80mg Caffeine( I dont take in any at all right now so this is a lot for me)

Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks again

How's your weight loss on that diet? My guess is that it's slower than you'd like. If that's the case I would advise you to add between 300 and 500 calories a day and see what effect that has. Also, you might want to look at upping your carbs a little, or cycling them (say 150g one day, 200g the next, 175g the following day, etc.). Protein intake is pretty good. Diet looks pretty good all around. I'd recommend getting some more B vitamins in there. Also, some will say it does nothing, but I swear by 5mg glutamine a day.

Quote Originally Posted by TKO Performance View Post
    How's your weight loss on that diet? My guess is that it's slower than you'd like. If that's the case I would advise you to add between 300 and 500 calories a day and see what effect that has. Also, you might want to look at upping your carbs a little, or cycling them (say 150g one day, 200g the next, 175g the following day, etc.). Protein intake is pretty good. Diet looks pretty good all around. I'd recommend getting some more B vitamins in there. Also, some will say it does nothing, but I swear by 5mg glutamine a day.
    Thanks for your input I agree that glutamine really helps out. It's in the extend and in ON shakes. I do caps of them and just always forget to take them. As far as b vitamins go are you talking about a b-complex or a certain b? It's strange about my car intake because before I added it all up I was thinking it was high. Once I got the total I was thinking it should be upped. A banana can do that pretty quick with 200 calories and 54 carbs. As far as weight loss goes last year at this time I was 338lbs. Today I am at 213lbs. My original goal was 240 once I came close I wanted to be 220. I said I wanted to be 214 as my last goal. Now honestly my weight isn't my goal. My goal is to get my BF% to a respectable number 12-14%. being between 195-225lbs is ok with me. I would prefer about 210lbs but I want the fat gone.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Why are you not counting fat in your diet?

Re-post with full macros for each meal

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Why are you not counting fat in your diet?

Re-post with full macros for each meal
    I used to only count calories. This stuff is all new to me still. I am off to muay thai then work and will get the fat counts in the next day or so.

Thread Information