Thread: Greendot

Western Man is offline Associate Member

Greendot

For those of you who have used greendot, I was wondering if you had to activate the card using your personal info. There are like 5 steps when you activate the card and I'm not sure what kind of info they want. If you have experience with this could you please give me the rundown on how it works.

Thanks.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I prefer greendot to WU anyday.

If you get the moneypack (NOT the greendot visa) you don't need any personal info, just have the cashier charge/activate it for the amount you need.

Western Man is offline Associate Member
    The lady at walmart told me I needed to activate it online. Maybe she thought I meant the visa. I'll look for the moneypak.

Thank you.

Raziel is offline Junior Member
    i havent found many sites that will accept a pre paid credit card, most do WU that I have found and that seems shaaaaaady lol

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Like D7M said, if it's a money pack (in other words your using greendot to PAY for something) you don't need to give your info or fake info. On the other hand, if your setting up a greendot account so people can transfer money TO you then you do need to supply your info and they check it. Someone (at least one lol) person got busted selling roids using greendot because he had the card in his name and sent steroids to cops that ordered them and accepted payment via his greendot card.

So using Greendot as a payment method is great, way better and easier than Western Union. I def prefer this method of payment vs Western Union.

Thread Information