syclopse is offline New Member

Was considering the juice - decided not thanks to you guys.

I'm 34 years old and have never hit the gym in a serious way--my entire life. Yeah, I had some weightlifting periods in high school and yeah I've joined the gym a few times since then, but I never took any of it seriously.

Well, lately (maybe its an age thing) I've wanted to take control of my body. In the last 6 months I've dropped my weight from 220 to 185 by just changing my diet, doing a little cardio, and some basic 3 day a week home workouts... p90x, etc.

A couple weeks ago I wasn't happy with my physique. The weight loss is nice and I definitely look better than I have in a number of years but my arms and legs are a bit skinny and I have no ab definition whatsoever. So I decided to go from the home-workout plan back to the gym and this time really put some effort in to it.

Of course, you always see the big guys walking around the gym and you want to bulk up and the first thing that came to mind was... roids! Eventually I got a "source" lined up but as all of that was going on I was hitting this forum reading up. In the end, I realized I've never taken my body to its potential... not even close. Because my diet has never been aligned with bulking and putting on muscle.

While it is still tempting to start a "newbie cycle" I decided to scratch the idea. I hit the diet threads and figured I needed to take in around 3000 cals of proper nutrition and work out SERIOUSLY to see where I end up. So that's what I did... I just started my new dieting program using the advice over in those threads.

Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks to the "veterans" and wish me luck!

Gamer is offline New Member
    thats good to hear. Still come back and let us know how it goes. These guys are great at everything lifting related not just AAS.

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by syclopse View Post
    I'm 34 years old and have never hit the gym in a serious way--my entire life. Yeah, I had some weightlifting periods in high school and yeah I've joined the gym a few times since then, but I never took any of it seriously.

Well, lately (maybe its an age thing) I've wanted to take control of my body. In the last 6 months I've dropped my weight from 220 to 185 by just changing my diet, doing a little cardio, and some basic 3 day a week home workouts... p90x, etc.

A couple weeks ago I wasn't happy with my physique. The weight loss is nice and I definitely look better than I have in a number of years but my arms and legs are a bit skinny and I have no ab definition whatsoever. So I decided to go from the home-workout plan back to the gym and this time really put some effort in to it.

Of course, you always see the big guys walking around the gym and you want to bulk up and the first thing that came to mind was... roids! Eventually I got a "source" lined up but as all of that was going on I was hitting this forum reading up. In the end, I realized I've never taken my body to its potential... not even close. Because my diet has never been aligned with bulking and putting on muscle.

While it is still tempting to start a "newbie cycle" I decided to scratch the idea. I hit the diet threads and figured I needed to take in around 3000 cals of proper nutrition and work out SERIOUSLY to see where I end up. So that's what I did... I just started my new dieting program using the advice over in those threads.

Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks to the "veterans" and wish me luck!
    Thats an awesome story! Shame decisions like this usually are related to age. You do not see 19 yr olds posting threads like this. Congrats!

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm in the same boat, i to changed my diet, but i always trained hard. But in the last couple of week i see changes, my bicepts look fuller my stomach is flatter and my moob's (manbbobs) have gotten smaller. Still lack in the shoulders and traps but gonna train those in a differant manner for a 6-8 weeks and see how it goes. I have 6000mgs test e locked away. Don't know if i'll ever use it,diet is my anabolic right now.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    By the way i'm 40yrs old and looking pretty lean and mean at 190lbs 5'9''

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Smart man!

Welcome to your new life, and good luck.

Thread Information