timjitsu is offline Junior Member

Smile Halotestin for Brazilian JiuJitsu

first off...
    height: 6'1"
    weight: 210 lbs
    body fat: 12%
    time training: 6 years

im a Brazilian JiuJitsu competitor, and im looking to step my game up. i have just come across some info about how many of the main competitors in the Brazilian JiuJitsu world take AAS and knowing that now it makes sense how these guys can go 9 fights and look like they ran only a couple laps around the track. plus when the world championships come around you get a bunch of guys coming over from brazil pumped full of the stuff since from what i hear its legal there? (or just lot easier to come by)

this is my first time using AAS and ive read up on a lot of different ones and that hasnt really done me any good since it seems like theres a lot of mix and matching going on with different stuff to compliment each other. but out of all of them Halotestin as caught my eye the most. now i dont like the fact that its so liver toxic but it seems like it will give me everything im looking for. my question is do i need to stack it with anything else or is it kind of a one hit wonder? just take it and go? and if anyone out there can suggest anything better for me id be greatly appreciated.

Brazilian JiuJitsu fighting is just like MMA in a sense where you need a lot of strength and endurance but IMO BJJ fighting is more physically demanding in certain ways. im not looking to gain size or weight cuz i dont want to compete in the unlimited weigh bracket. so any help would be great. thanks guys.

zoltans4 is offline Junior Member
    im interested so see what advice you get on this. I know athletes that have used it, I think they use like 20mg a day for about 4 weeks, so I would imagine a stack is a better cycle than Halo alone. Obvi the liver issues is why its ran shorter and you will need to get products for liver support.

MrGreen is offline Member
    I would do test and eq for cardio and strength. JMHO

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    It's toxicitiy far out weighs it's positive impact on your V02 max..

There are other alternatives or drugs that wouldn't be half as risky to use IMO.

If you do end up running this, I would HIGHLY advise you check your liver values and blood pressure on a regular basis. The use of Catepressan to avoid hypertensive conditions and liver-protectors such as UDCA, Liv52 would be wise options.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    It's toxicitiy far out weighs it's positive impact on your V02 max..

There are other alternatives or drugs that wouldn't be half as risky to use IMO.

If you do end up running this, I would HIGHLY advise you check your liver values and blood pressure on a regular basis. The use of Catepressan to avoid hypertensive conditions and liver-protectors such as UDCA, Liv52 would be wise options.
    HP, curious on your outlook for things like this for 'athletes' rather than body builders, as in the OPs question. Are you thinking Var or ?

Equipoise would suit better than Anavar . In conjunction with a small amount of Test and dialing in on your cardiovascular training.

Equipoise would suit better than Anavar. In conjunction with a small amount of Test and dialing in on your cardiovascular training.
    Awesome thanks, seem to hear alot of flack on ole boldenone on here. I think its criticized for keeping gains? But for cardio it must be good as you stated.

Probably because it doesn't serve a very beneficial purpose in "bodybuilding". People are either trying to bulk or cut, but not improve stamina. Bold stimulates the release of your EPO in the kidneys, which then tells the body to up the production of RBC which are the carriers of oxygen. The higher maximal oxygen capacity = better stamina/endurance performance over longer amounts of time before lactic acid is built up. Which technically would be of assistance to bodybuilders during long off-season or depleted pre-contest training sessions.

wnehme is offline Junior Member
    Thats why all the 100m sprinters if they ever use anything they are on boldonone ...remember the sprinter that got caught ben johnson he was on boldonone

cyclists would use EPO but then again god knows what there on

Equipoise would suit better than Anavar. In conjunction with a small amount of Test and dialing in on your cardiovascular training.
    Thanks I said the same thing.

so if you were me. what kind of cycle would you run with equipoise and test? as far as dosage and time frame. and any details like anti estrogen i should know about? cuz this is one i didnt read up on much but so far from what ive read it sounds awesome. and i like how it can be ran up to 16 weeks. but im just concerned about gaining too much weight.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    Thanks I said the same thing.
    MrGreen any advice on the same question i asked HawaiianPride?

Guess that would depend on how you react to it personally. Obviously everyone is different and some respond better to different amounts.

Myself?

I like to run test about 600-750 mg a week and I tend to run it eod even in long esters just so its is more stable and not jumping around in my system from once a week injections.

Eq I would say no more then 500mg a week and its doubtful you would even need that. I bet you would feel amazing with the following..

12 weeks test @ 500mg
    12 weeks eq at 400mg

If you did this that would be 2 mls per pin twice a week. 1 ml each compound. Depending on the ester of test it could take several weeks to reach full potency in your blood levels so after say weeks 4 or 5 if you wanted to you could even up the test.

Provin is something else you might want to look into. If your fighting then I would suggest shorter esters which will not make you retain as much water as the longer ones will.

tjax03 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wnehme View Post
    Thats why all the 100m sprinters if they ever use anything they are on boldonone ...remember the sprinter that got caught ben johnson he was on boldonone

cyclists would use EPO but then again god knows what there on
    Actually I think he was busted for winstrol . The benefits of boldenone would seem to be better suited for more endurance oriented activities, not pure sprints.

39+1 is offline Banned
    Halotestin is great drug for everything you want to use it for. very little eight gain lots of aggression and lots of strength. Ive used it for football in the 80's . If i recall thought there was a problem with a rash. I don't why it produced a rash but all of us got some sort of skin disorder it wasnt jock itch but it there was irritation in the folds of the skin such as arm pits, back of the knees and crotch. My opinion the drug increases your own body heat unlike any other AAS. It happened in winter and summer. It got to thepoint if someone complained about crotch and they were on halo then that was the reason. i rotated a lot of other drug too but i very distinctly remember the arm pit and crotch skin agitation. but it a good drug. Winstrol is very good you wont get the strenght and ive seen leaner people us it in sports and be prone to cramps If you inject winny then you might leave bruise, and that's not good at weigh in.
    AAS= confidence + RBS/indurance+ strength+ increased rejuvination.
    I think halo would be a very good Drug for MMA it has a short detection time the gains are stable and you could go in and out of a cycle very quickly even a few day on and off is okay for what you gonna use it for.If you having a bad workout a couple days in a row take it for a few days until you get your mojo back.
    taking this drug will not make You look "JUICED".
    Last edited by 39+1; 09-03-2010 at 07:45 AM.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I trained and competed in BJJ for 6 years, I quit when UFC got popular, became to expensive and every Joe Shmoe in the street had advice. Anyway, in my experience it would serve you no good to be bigger/stronger on the mat. You'd end up bigger and stronger, but you'd also be slower and less flexible.

Technique is the way to go, technique will ALWAYS win over strength in BJJ. You cannot rely on strength, as there will always be someone stronger. Remember BJJ is about bypassing strength, using technique to circumvent how strong your opponent may be.

When I was training I was surely one of, if not the strongest guy at my dojo. My instructor, a meak little guy from Brazil, in his 40's, no real strength to speak of could have me tapping out in a couple minutes. To illustrate the point that I shouldn't be relying on my strength in BJJ matches he collar choked me like 50 times in a row, it took me that many times to figure it out.

I don't know what your training is like, but if it's the "new school" type of training where you learn everything quick and only work on the fundamentals, you'll be ok in the street, but at a competition you'd be at a disadvantage. You should find a master that knows the old school little tricks from the streets of Brazil, all the crazy shit that no one would ever think of, the things that seem needlessly complicated, but when executed leave everyone asking what happened.

Another thing to consider is having a clear mind. I don't know if you've ever used AAS before, but when I'm on cycle it takes me just a little longer to extrapolate complicated concepts of anything. A clear mind is essential in BJJ. You need to be able to think under stress. You need to be able to analyze the position you are in in relation to your opponent and vice-versa, and go over your options in regard to where you can go from here. Can you sweep? Reversal? Crank? Choke? Lock? Legs? Arms? Neck? Can you get his back? If he has your back, can you tap him out from here, or can you reverse it? BJJ is fighting for the thinking man and you need to think fast. AAS might hinder your ability to clearly assess the situation.

Sorry for the long post, just my thoughts on the matter.
    Last edited by Nooomoto; 09-03-2010 at 08:03 AM.

dieseljimmy is offline Associate Member
    I don't know anything about fighting. But I know 30 mg of halo and 100 mg suspended test taken an hour before lifting makes me feel at least 15-20 percent stonger. And has a strong effect on aggression. that has to have some benefit to fighting.

39+1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    I trained and competed in BJJ for 6 years, I quit when UFC got popular, became to expensive and every Joe Shmoe in the street had advice. Anyway, in my experience it would serve you no good to be bigger/stronger on the mat. You'd end up bigger and stronger, but you'd also be slower and less flexible.

Technique is the way to go, technique will ALWAYS win over strength in BJJ. You cannot rely on strength, as there will always be someone stronger. Remember BJJ is about bypassing strength, using technique to circumvent how strong your opponent may be.

When I was training I was surely one of, if not the strongest guy at my dojo. My instructor, a meak little guy from Brazil, in his 40's, no real strength to speak of could have me tapping out in a couple minutes. To illustrate the point that I shouldn't be relying on my strength in BJJ matches he collar choked me like 50 times in a row, it took me that many times to figure it out.

I don't know what your training is like, but if it's the "new school" type of training where you learn everything quick and only work on the fundamentals, you'll be ok in the street, but at a competition you'd be at a disadvantage. You should find a master that knows the old school little tricks from the streets of Brazil, all the crazy shit that no one would ever think of, the things that seem needlessly complicated, but when executed leave everyone asking what happened.

Another thing to consider is having a clear mind. I don't know if you've ever used AAS before, but when I'm on cycle it takes me just a little longer to extrapolate complicated concepts of anything. A clear mind is essential in BJJ. You need to be able to think under stress. You need to be able to analyze the position you are in in relation to your opponent and vice-versa, and go over your options in regard to where you can go from here. Can you sweep? Reversal? Crank? Choke? Lock? Legs? Arms? Neck? Can you get his back? If he has your back, can you tap him out from here, or can you reverse it? BJJ is fighting for the thinking man and you need to think fast. AAS might hinder your ability to clearly assess the situation.

That is a helluva good point! Technique is always the trump card, and you can only go so far with out it. It is true in all sports. Helluva good point

Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post

bless your heart NoooMoto, you are right, kinda. its true that technique is all that really matters. but thats when your opponent doesnt know BJJ. now lets say you opponent knows everything you do. but hes stronger, faster and has more endurance. i can guarantee you that you will lose 9 times out of 10. perfect example is royce gracie vs matt hughes. royces "technique" is way better than matt's since matt hughes doesnt do traditional BJJ. and royce got smashed, granted that matt hughes' stand up is way better than royce's but according to mostly everything you hear about BJJ that shouldnt matter either. im a brown belt now and when the world championships come around next year in june im going to be a black belt. im going to have as many as 9, 10min fights in one afternoon. plus its going to be against a lot of the guys that i have watched, learned from and idolized for a long time and even since i started. and since i know that most of them are on something im going to do whatever it takes to win. because they are doing the exact same thing.

so wha i got from this is that Halo will give me what i want but its just very toxic. but can anyone tell me if i need to take and anti estrogen when i come off? or do i just kinda ease my way off and do a liver detox?

Why would you need to run an Anti-E when you get off.

Why would you need to run an Anti-E when you get off.
    i dont know thats why im asking. like i said this is my first cycle of anything.

You wouldn't need to hinder estrogen post cycle or even during. Halo doesn't aromatize at all.

You wouldn't need to hinder estrogen post cycle or even during. Halo doesn't aromatize at all.
    so i just ease my way off of it in the last week? what about in the beginning do i ease my way on it or just go the full dose from the get go? i know im kinda asking the same questions over again in different ways but im just making sure. the last thing i want is to **** up my body yknow?

You don't need to taper. 20-30mg/day.

Thread Information