legend1022 is offline Junior Member

When I begin my cycle can i still take Xanax?

Just curious if a medication for anxiety would iterfere or hurt me while on test e and dbol . Thanks

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    If you are prescribed it of course. You can't just quite cold turkey if you've been habitually using your medication. That will lead to a host of more problems.

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    Benzo withdrawals are no joke..

millsdogg69 is offline Junior Member
    I take Cymbalta for anxiety and do cycles and haven't had any problems other then some increase in anxiety witch is going to happen cause you are taking steroids witch sometimes causes anxiety and then you are taking meds to combat anxiety so they are like fighting against each other.

themoreyouknow is offline Associate Member
    yes..

jojomcgo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    If you are prescribed it of course. You can't just quite cold turkey if you've been habitually using your medication. That will lead to a host of more problems.
    True you cant just stop medication for some thing like that it take's time to build it up so that works right and that you have steady levels,a sharp drop like that could have detrimental ramifications.

spoken_truth is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millsdogg69 View Post
    I take Cymbalta for anxiety and do cycles and haven't had any problems other then some increase in anxiety witch is going to happen cause you are taking steroids witch sometimes causes anxiety and then you are taking meds to combat anxiety so they are like fighting against each other.
    ya and i take lexapro without problem, but the fact of the matter is that cymbalta and lexapro are not even on the same level as xanax which a person can actually die from comeing off of via having a seizure, so i definitaly would not just quit

Lifeguard102 is offline Associate Member
    to the OP. to answer your question. NO there is no interaction .
    Stay on the meds as Rx by your doctor or HCP.
    Do not come off Xanax cold turkey.
    It is in the family of Benzodiazepenes and needs a titration or weening period.
    Good luck and thank you for posting a quality question.
    Life

200gamblr is offline Junior Member
    legend - I've has tons of experience with xanax for years before, during and after the gear, I'm sure I can help you out here.

You can still take it but depending on what gear your taking you may find you need to up the dosage of the xanax and that in its self creates havoc because you then increase your tolerance (even further) to the benzos. You come off the gear have a good PCT controlling all the sides of the gear but your left needing more benozos. Catch 22 really.

Alternatively if you pick a good test cycle you may actually feel like you don't need it (but will depend on how long you've already been taking xanax and at what dosage) Tell me what your proposed cycle (or the cycle you are already on) is and what is how many mgs of xanax are you taking?

Definitely do not stop taking a medication you were prescribed by a doctor. First, the withdraw is bad. I've seen my wife go through it when she aribitrarily stopped taking her anxiety meds a few years back. It takes time to build them up in your system, and once you go off them it takes time for them to build back up, so it isn't like you get withdraw symptoms one day and they go away the next day if you take your meds. Plus, depending on the time away getting to dosage right can be tricky, because as stated, you develop a tolerance. That tolerance falls off after use subsides and has to be built back up again.

There is no direct reaction, but there is an effect as stated. You may get some breakthrough anxiety because you are subjecting yourself to additional stress, both mentally and physically. I'd be prepared for that. Otherwise just continue your current dose and adjust as needed while on the cycle. The tolerance thing can usually be sidestepped to a point by cycling you to another anti-anxiety med, which your doctor should be doing for you anyway. I'd also highly recommend counseling to treat the underlying cause. So many people just take drugs to treat this issue, but a two pronged approach always works better.

Quote Originally Posted by TKO Performance View Post
    Definitely do not stop taking a medication you were prescribed by a doctor. First, the withdraw is bad. I've seen my wife go through it when she aribitrarily stopped taking her anxiety meds a few years back. It takes time to build them up in your system, and once you go off them it takes time for them to build back up, so it isn't like you get withdraw symptoms one day and they go away the next day if you take your meds. Plus, depending on the time away getting to dosage right can be tricky, because as stated, you develop a tolerance. That tolerance falls off after use subsides and has to be built back up again.

There is no direct reaction, but there is an effect as stated. You may get some breakthrough anxiety because you are subjecting yourself to additional stress, both mentally and physically. I'd be prepared for that. Otherwise just continue your current dose and adjust as needed while on the cycle. The tolerance thing can usually be sidestepped to a point by cycling you to another anti-anxiety med, which your doctor should be doing for you anyway. I'd also highly recommend counseling to treat the underlying cause. So many people just take drugs to treat this issue, but a two pronged approach always works better.
    Very good advise. I add to my last post re this topic that xanax is by far and away the hardest anti anxiety medication that can be prescribed, the positive effects it has on you when you take it for the relief of anxiety is equally matched by the severe withdrawls you will get when you come off them after a prolonged period of time. Any Dr worth their medical degree will not recommend or allow you to stay on xanax for an extended period of time due to the tolerance build up and the side effects that can be expected as TKO noted in reference to his wife. You haven't said how long you have been on them so I'll add that if it has been a prolonged period of time you should take TKOs advise and look at addressing the underlying cause of the anxiety with a view to coming off the meds if you can do it (for some ppl this is not an option - but even then xanax is not a long term solution)

Any cycle of test is going to make you feel better and the physical difference you see when you look at yourself will trigger your brain to produce more serotonin (the chemical in your brain that makes you happy) which will have a positive effect on the sides of anxiety. Try answer my questions and those of TKO's and maybe we can give you some more direct answers instead of general advise.

Interesting. I've been on Xanax for years now and I've also been on the juice for years, never had an issue with what compounds I ran.

I'm eager to see what you have to say 200.

Yeah, Xanax is pretty hard core. My wife is actually on Zoloft, or one of the lighter anti-anxiety meds, but has Xanax on hand specifically for breakthrough anxiety. Personally I don't see how that can work. I always though that it took a while to kick in, but her and others I know on similar meds swear that within 20-30 minutes it kills the symptoms. The only thing I can figure is that either its a placebo effect, or that it hits the receptors harder and can be absorbed and utilized immediately because the person is already primed for reception from the other drug. I know that there are cross tolerances with barbiturates, but not sure if it works that way with benzos.

shafts basson is offline Associate Member
    Don't stop taking it. Let the doc taper you off..

Withdrawl is a bitch, I know from personal exp.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Interesting. I've been on Xanax for years now and I've also been on the juice for years, never had an issue with what compounds I ran.

I'm eager to see what you have to say 200.
    There is no direct link between gear and cause of anxiety (at least that I am aware of any way) and in the same way some people respond to different gear, they do so with xanax. 1mg of xanx will calm me right down and I can have a good 8 hour sleep, 2mgs and I'm gone for 12hours. On the other hand I have a friend who doesn't take it regularly and can pop 2mgs and walk around like he cant feel the effects of it.

In relation to the gear and its effect on anxiety I am only speaking from my personal experience. Any test compounds I have run have had a positive effect on my anxiety. When i switched to Tren A or Primobolon it causes absolute havoc on my anxiety, I can not understand why but it must be something to do with the 19nor compound of tren etc.

HawianPride - you had any cycles that caused positive/negative effects on anxiety?

I think this is a great thread and I hope all the info is proving helpful - but to answer the original question re Xanax - yes you can still take it while you are on the gear.

Makes sense bro.

No anxiety issues here from any cycles I've ran.

The test has a very positive impact on my anxiety as well..

All of my cycles have consisted of Testosterone being the parent hormone. This could be an indication as to why I've never experienced anything, or just because my body chemistry differs.

This just goes to show a combination of different compounds will cause users to react differently :]

Thread Information