TTFU is offline Junior Member

MTII and tattoos?

I tried searching on this, but nothing came up.

Plus, the computer I am on today, and the next few days, is on dial-up. Takes wayyyyy too long to be trying to google/search this.

Anyways, I am wanting to try a run with Melanotan II.

However, I am COVERED in tattoos. Sleeves, legs, hands, upper back, neck, etc..

You may be thinking, why tan then? Well, everywhere that is NOT tattooed (most of back, most of stomach/chest, lots of legs) is extremely paistey white. Like ghost-white, lol

I am probably skin type II or III, definitely not I or IV, so MTII should work pretty good on me.

---

Anyways, this is the question.. How would I protect my tattoos? The UV rays from the tanning bed (and sun) will damage/fade tattoos. Why damage them when I spent all that money [and pain] getting them.

Is there a certain kind of cream or "tattoo tanning lotion" that will protect them?

If not, I have though about wrapping my arms and covering all my tattoos with some sort of clothe or something. Will be a pain in the ass, but if it works...

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Yes there are tons of spray solutions and creams designed to protect your ink.

TTFU is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Yes there are tons of spray solutions and creams designed to protect your ink.
    Hmm.. That actually work?

Anyone on here in the same boat and used them to protect your ink?

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    I have 2 half sleeves covering both my forearms. I've used a few products, one stood out that I liked..

Tattoo Goo color guard.

lil_herc81 is offline Member
    I actually work for the largest tanning company around. The products do not fade ink. I have a lot myself and have not had any issues in the last 2 years using them. If anything look for a lotion with a bronzer in it. using daily will give mild color without concern. Designer skin makes my favorite lotion it is called tinted love. The lotions are best due to even coverage unless you go get airbrushed. Another idea is they make what is called a barrier cream, you can apply over the ink and nothing will get to it

Thread Information