Gameness is offline Junior Member

2nd cycle Var only good?

I am currently doing a 12 week testo enan cycle, gained 25 pounds so far, first cycle.

I am now looking into my 2nd cycle which im going to start sometime next spring:

40mg/day for 7 weeks. I will do a PCT with nolva 40/40/20/20

I am a MMA athlete and I am looking to cut and put on a little bit of muscle. Mostly I want to get rid of the excess lower stomache fat and this is why I chose anavar since it is supposed to make me veiny and cut as hell.

What can I expect from this cycle?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    It's pretty mild cycle, but var won't magically shred you.

honestly, you'd be better off running a low dose test cycle, and cutting via diet and cardio.

Just keep some test in there to keep you anabolic while in a caloric deficiency.

If you choose to go var only, that's fine.

Like I said, just don't expect it to magically cut fat off you.

glover is offline Associate Member
    You will harden up and get some stregth. Doubt you'll get any size. You will not cut up at all unless your diet allows. Anavar will not do this only diet will. It may help you retain muscle as you diet. Best bet would to add some test prop to this cycle.

what does harden up mean if not getting ripped?

From what I have read...anavar seems to be really good for getting solid gains with no water retention and get BF down.

Of course I will do my regular cardio and eat clean.
    Last edited by Gameness; 09-09-2010 at 10:36 AM.

aylmob is offline New Member
    hey peeps

Im 240 and I ran this cycle and it was amazing . I went from 240 to 215 lean and hard .

week.1 anavar 200mg a day,
    week.2 anavar 200mg a day
    week.3 anavar 200mg a day
    week.4 anavar 200mg a day
    week.5 anavar 200mg a day
    week.6 anavar 200mg a day
    week.7 anavar 200mg a day
    week.8 off
    week.9 tbol 200mg/day
    week.10 tbol 200mg/day
    week.11 tbol 200mg/day
    week.12 tbol 200mg/day
    week.13 tbol 200mg/day
    week.14 tbol 200mg/day
    week.15 tbol 200mg/day
    week.16 tbol 200mg/day
    week.17 winni 100mg/day
    week.18 winni 100mg/day
    week.19 winni 100mg/day
    week.20 winni 100mg/day

I know this sounds like im crazy but I got my self checked and didnt havenything wrong with me . except for the sweats .

Save your money and do a cycle right . better this way then small cycles hear and there ...

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aylmob View Post
    hey peeps

Im 240 and I ran this cycle and it was amazing . I went from 240 to 215 lean and hard .

week.8 off
    week.9 tbol 200mg/day
    week.10 tbol 200mg/day
    week.11 tbol 200mg/day
    week.12 tbol 200mg/day
    week.13 tbol 200mg/day
    week.14 tbol 200mg/day
    week.15 tbol 200mg/day
    week.16 tbol 200mg/day
    week.17 winni 100mg/day
    week.18 winni 100mg/day
    week.19 winni 100mg/day
    week.20 winni 100mg/day

I know this sounds like im crazy but I got my self checked and didnt havenything wrong with me . except for the sweats .

Save your money and do a cycle right . better this way then small cycles hear and there ...
    Ummmm....20 weeks of heavily dosed orals: no thanks.

10-12 weeks of test with cardio and diet will be a much more efficient and healthier way to cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Ummmm....20 weeks of heavily dosed orals: no thanks.

10-12 weeks of test with cardio and diet will be a much more efficient and healthier way to cycle.

This. I am currently on a testo enanth cycle and have gained 25 pounds so far with small fat gain.

Also, everyone dont have the same goals.
    Last edited by Gameness; 09-09-2010 at 01:02 PM.

As I said in the original post, I am currently on a 12 week 500mg/wk testo enan cycle. Which is enough and more for a 1th cycle.

I also dont want to be 250 pounds as I said in the above post, I am a MMA fighter and have completely different goals.

And I hope to god you used liver protection and prayed every night... because you could have screwed your body up permanently running those orals at those doses for 20 god damn weeks.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    hey peeps

week.8 off
    week.9 tbol 200mg/day
    week.10 tbol 200mg/day
    week.11 tbol 200mg/day
    week.12 tbol 200mg/day
    week.13 tbol 200mg/day
    week.14 tbol 200mg/day
    week.15 tbol 200mg/day
    week.16 tbol 200mg/day
    week.17 winni 100mg/day
    week.18 winni 100mg/day
    week.19 winni 100mg/day
    week.20 winni 100mg/day

I've been seeing a lot of shitty advice being handed out today. This can be added to the list..

Listen to d7M.

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    hey peeps

week.8 off
    week.9 tbol 200mg/day
    week.10 tbol 200mg/day
    week.11 tbol 200mg/day
    week.12 tbol 200mg/day
    week.13 tbol 200mg/day
    week.14 tbol 200mg/day
    week.15 tbol 200mg/day
    week.16 tbol 200mg/day
    week.17 winni 100mg/day
    week.18 winni 100mg/day
    week.19 winni 100mg/day
    week.20 winni 100mg/day

You call this doing it right?

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    He is a troll just let him be; if he continues then he will be removed.

Alright so guys, what can I expect from a 7 week anavar cycle at 40mg/day ? Will it help me cut BF and make me harder (no pun intended)?

First off, to the guy taking 200mg/day of Anavar , next time you want to do this take 100mg/day and send me 100mg/day and I promise you'll get the same results. Anavar has an upper threshold of 100mg/day. Anything above that will do nothing but tax your liver more.

I would advise an 8 week cycle of Anavar at 50mg/day. Run Liv52 or other liver support throughout. Have Tribulus and Avena Sativa on hand in case you get libido issues. PCT should be Nolva at 20/20/20 or Clomid at 50/50/50. Start PCT immediately after finishing the Anavar.

As stated, Anavar is not some magic fat removal pill, but with proper diet and cardio it can definitely cut you up. The most I've ever heard of anyone gaining while on Anavar was 12lbs. 5-7lbs is the average. The change in body composition is what's impressive. Mid section leaning will be great with proper diet because you are losing not just external fat, but visceral fat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TKO Performance View Post
    First off, to the guy taking 200mg/day of Anavar , next time you want to do this take 100mg/day and send me 100mg/day and I promise you'll get the same results. Anavar has an upper threshold of 100mg/day. Anything above that will do nothing but tax your liver more.

I would advise an 8 week cycle of Anavar at 50mg/day. Run Liv52 or other liver support throughout. Have Tribulus and Avena Sativa on hand in case you get libido issues. PCT should be Nolva at 20/20/20 or Clomid at 50/50/50. Start PCT immediately after finishing the Anavar.

As stated, Anavar is not some magic fat removal pill, but with proper diet and cardio it can definitely cut you up. The most I've ever heard of anyone gaining while on Anavar was 12lbs. 5-7lbs is the average. The change in body composition is what's impressive. Mid section leaning will be great with proper diet because you are losing not just external fat, but visceral fat as well.
    Thanks for this. Do you think 40mg @ 7 weeks is a waste or do I definately to buy more?

No, 7 weeks wouldn't be a waste. Typical cycle length for Anavar is 6-8 weeks. Obviously the longer you are on the better the results. I have even heard of a few guys here running it for 10 weeks, and they stated that the gains were still coming after week 8. The problem with Anavar, and the reason you come off of it is because its an oral and liver toxic. Even taking liver support you are running a risk with it, especially if you aren't having blood work done. Personally, I'd go the 8 weeks that I would consider to be the max to run it.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tko performance View Post
    no, 7 weeks wouldn't be a waste. Typical cycle length for anavar is 6-8 weeks. Obviously the longer you are on the better the results. I have even heard of a few guys here running it for 10 weeks, and they stated that the gains were still coming after week 8. The problem with anavar, and the reason you come off of it is because its an oral and liver toxic. Even taking liver support you are running a risk with it, especially if you aren't having blood work done. Personally, i'd go the 8 weeks that i would consider to be the max to run it.
    i thougt var was very mild on the liver as far as orals go, i agree liver support with any oral is a must. But it seems like you guys are making sound as liver toxic as anadrol or d-bol.
    Just a little confused

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    No price talk is allowed in the threads guys.

I did a 60mg/ed for 7 weeks anavar + 150mg/wk Test Prop cycle with great results. I used the Test to supplement my endogenous test level. I didn't gain any weight but I got shredded and a lot stronger.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    You've gained 25lbs on your first cycle and you're not finished with yet? My guess is you're gonna shrink quite a bit durring PCT.

Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    i thougt var was very mild on the liver as far as orals go, i agree liver support with any oral is a must. But it seems like you guys are making sound as liver toxic as anadrol or d-bol.
    Just a little confused
    Anavar is probably the mildest 17aa on the liver, but it is still a 17aa, meaning it is classified as liver toxic. Liver support is not going to hurt you, so I would always ere on the side of caution. Unless you are getting bloodwork done frequently while on cycle to verify your liver levels I would say that taking liver support with Anavar, as with any oral, is mandatory.

Steroidman99 is offline Associate Member
    No, 7 weeks wouldn't be a waste. Typical cycle length for Anavar is 6-8 weeks. Obviously the longer you are on the better the results. I have even heard of a few guys here running it for 10 weeks, and they stated that the gains were still coming after week 8. The problem with Anavar, and the reason you come off of it is because its an oral and liver toxic. Even taking liver support you are running a risk with it, especially if you aren't having blood work done. Personally, I'd go the 8 weeks that I would consider to be the max to run it.
    Liver toxicity is not a serious issue with Anavar - unless you were really highly sensitive. You must take 40 mg/day to observe some changes in liver enzymes.

I took over 60 mg/day and I was surprised that it was pretty mild in this regard. Liver enzymes were markedly elevated in comparison with my normal values, but they still remained within the usual healthy range.

A more serious problem may lie in the dramatic shift of cholesterol values; after the cycle they will quickly return back to the normal range, sure, but a long-term Anavar consumption doesn't seem the healthiest choice to me.
    Last edited by Steroidman99; 09-13-2010 at 07:24 PM.

It seems like the average dose guys are running here is between 40 and 60mg/day, but some go as high as 80-100. Consequently I still recommend Liv52, Milk Thistle, or other liver support while on cycle. Those supplements are cheap, livers are expensive.

I would never advise a cycle of Anavar over 8 weeks. Liver toxicity is concerning, as is the skewed HLD/LDL levels you will get as noted.

Steroidman99 is offline Associate Member
    I had a very different sort of experience. Anavar stopped working after mere 5 weeks of my 8-weeks' cycle, when I used it for the first time. Hence I decided not to use it for a longer time than 6 weeks. Furthermore, it seems to me that I became quickly adapted on it. During the 1st cycle, 60 mg/day was entirely sufficient, but during the 2nd cycle, the same dose barely worked. I had to raise my dosage up to 75 mg/day and then my strength immediately skyrocketed. Unfortunately, it was only 2 weeks before the planned end of the cycle and I didn't want to extend it, because Anavar is very suppressive to my testosterone and I would complicate my PCT. Now I am sorry for this decision, because the gains from this cycle were not satisfactory.

I still don't have enough experience to judge, what was the reason of the low effectivity during the 2nd cycle. Have you already experienced it, too? I understand that soon or later you must use stronger and stronger steroid doses to advance and break your natural bareers. However, this development seemed too quick to me. I am afraid that next time I will have to use over 80 mg/day to see some results, which could be already too stressful for the body. (But not for my wallet, because I have a plenty of cheap Chinese powder.) Or perhaps the 5-months' pause between the cycles was too short and my muscle receptors simply didn't recover.
    Last edited by Steroidman99; 09-13-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Are you certain of the potency of the powder? How were you taking the powder? These are possible explanations as well. I would say your results are not completely atypical either. Most guys run a higher dose for a second cycle. A lot of first cycles start in the 40-60mg/day range and second cycles are often in the 80mg/day range.

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Alright... I'm gonna chime in on this one...

I agree with what D7M says about running test at a low dose while eating at calorie deficient level. I have done Anavar only and it may not cut your fat how you want it to.... I think that is a very exaggerated result of Anavar. I personally think you should run it at a minimum of 60mg/ed but I myself would not even go below 80mg/ed.

As for length of cycle.... it depends how long it takes for you to respond to it. If you noticed yourself become more vascular, hard, stronger 2 or 3 weeks in.... then 6 to 8 weeks is good. If you don't start seeing the results for 4 or 5 weeks, then I think it is obvious you must stretch the length to a minimum of 8 weeks and a max of 10 weeks. I myself don't see significant results until week 4 and 5.

Everyone will respond to each compound in a different way.... so use the info as a guide line but also use your head and your commonsense.

Despite everything I've said, I think you'll find Anavar disappointing as a fat cutter, thats just my opinion.... Experience.... 2 Var only cycles.

Again, I think you should stick with the advice given to you by D7M.

Good Luck!

Thread Information